The Q & A Group 20 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Feel free to ask questions about literature. You can ask for different techniques to write good stories, grammatical/spelling error help, help with punctuation, etc.

Common questions:
-What are commas used for?
Answer: A comma is used mainly for separating things. It's used to cut off sentences to make the parts shorter, while being maintained as one sentence. A comma can also be used as a diacritic when combined with other characters.
-What are colons and semicolons?
Answer: Semicolons are used to put two separate sentences in one. A Colon is used to inform the reader that what follows the colon proves, explains, defines, describes, or lists elements of what preceded it.
-What is a hyphen and how can I use it?
Answer: The hyphen (‐) is a punctuation mark used to join words and to separate syllables of a single word.
-How do I use speech marks (") in dialogue?
Answer: When writing dialogue for a character, make sure to end it with a speech mark. When doing so, always put the speech mark outside the punctuation points. Ex: "I really can't find that book," said Twilight.

--

I also encourage anyone to PM me for private tips if you wish to do so.:twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1