Tolkien Bronies 83 members · 23 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Wyrme
Group Admin

Ever since the Hobbit film trilogy ended(thank God), all of us have been wondering "what now?" So far, seen only one thing that takes place in Middle-earth but has little to do with hobbits, and that is the game Shadow of Mordor. However, that is not canon. And I'm interested in canon Middle-earth.
The minds of many people, myself included, have turned towards The Silmarillion. Some want a film trilogy, others want a longer series of films. I want a television show that rivals Game of Thrones. And in the right hands, The Silmarillion is capable of that. But whose hands? Or should such a thing even be done?

What are your thoughts on the subject?

4407119 Maybe a TV series. I don't know if it would rival Game of Thrones (its a possibility, but lets not presume anything yet), but considering the amount of events that happen in the years before the Hobbit, that would be way too much to put into a film series, even a long film series. I personally thought the Hobbit trilogy wasn't too bad, in fact there were plenty of things it got right (Smaug for instance was awesome!) but someone on the film staff (or producers) were clearly trying too hard to make the Hobbit connect to the Lord of the Rings. If it wasn't for that and the overly long and frequent action sequences this film series would have been a lot better in my opinion. It's not awful, its just mildly disappointing. But hey, at least it wasn't directed by Michael Bay, or of the same quality as the Ralph Bashki's Lord of the Rings (which again was more a dissapointment then a critical failure, in my opinion). Remember, it could always be worse.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2