Mecha in Equestria 17 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
SouthernCross
Group Admin

So how are we going to handle this?

Self-contained stories that don't connect to each other at all or all stories linked (like Ponyfall)? (inclined towards Ponyfall style)

Human sized mecha or giant sized? (50/50)

Quality control or free-for-all? (I pick quality control

Turn into mecha (ie you become the machine) or you pilot the machine? (personally inclined to turning into the mecha)

I would say if there could be a good creative continuity to it then a Ponyfall/5SD4 type would be interesting, but self contained stories would probably be easier. As far as mech size, I would have to say limit the size to Cherno Alpha as the largest and probably a small Jenner/Firefly or Veritech fighter at the smallest. Also, quality over quantity is better in my opinion.

What kind of mechas are we settling for? Is it just mass produced ones or do we have a little leeway?

SouthernCross
Group Admin

2945899 Mass Produced and Limited Production (as long as there was more then 20 of that EXACT model produced, like the Gundam Ground Type) and 'standardized' customs (Gespenst mk-2 Custom or GM Custom for instance).

Things made from mass produced parts, like Armored Cores or Gunmen DO NOT count.

Smiles
Group Admin

I'll work some more on the group this weekend. Not now though.

SouthernCross
Group Admin

2951566 Weekend has passed... now what?

Smiles
Group Admin

Was renovating the "Crossovers" group, sorry.

I'll get to work on banners and advertisement.

Smiles
Group Admin

I'l make some folders too.

SouthernCross
Group Admin

2991893 Banners and adertisement is good but doesn't answer the original questions

Smiles
Group Admin

We can have all those stories.

Smiles
Group Admin

Oh I see, like a saga?

SouthernCross
Group Admin

2992009 Yeah, all the stories linked and happening at the same time with everyone dealing with the same overall issues (being turned into sentient mass produced mecha and whatever threat caused/required such a thing to counter).

Smiles
Group Admin

Too ambitious, have to start off low.

Get some interest going on for mecha in general first.

SouthernCross
Group Admin

2992076 Obviously only a few would be considered 'canon'

If not we'd have a few good stories and a ton of really bad ones. 5SD4 suffers from that and Ponyfall had to purge 80% of the published stories to establish their canon.

Smiles
Group Admin

No, not what I meant.

I mean, starting something big when not a lot of people are interested in it in the first place is just wasted effort.

Kind of like a big budget movie that no one cared to watch.

Gotta get people hyped first. Like with a flagship story.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15