The European Brony League 122 members · 619 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Weeping Angel
Group Admin

Welcome, one and all! Here are the group rules.

1. Do not be rude or mean to other people. (One Strike)
a. Don't be racist.
b. Don't be mean if they're from another country.
c. Light swearing, please. And don't directly swear at people.

2. Do not disrespect admins or contributors. (One Strike or more, depends on the offense)
a. Look above.

3. Post stories in correct folders. There's only a few, so it shouldn't be too hard. (Story will be deleted or moved, it depends)

4. Only one thread per update. (Thread will be deleted)
a. If you have a new story, only post one thread. You can post additional threads as you get more updates.
b. If you have a new chapter, only post one thread.

5. Feel free to post any thread unrelated to stories.

6. You can post threads asking for proofreading/editing, or anything else you'd like. Just please don't post anything rude or troll-y in the forums (AKA bashing on people or anything else breaking the rules above)

7. There is no limit in posting stories. Feel free to post any story and every story. All you have to be is a member of the group and it'll be allowed, unless a contributor/admin says anything. In that case you will be notified.

STRIKE SYSTEM
If you disobey one of the rules mentioned above, you will receive one strike against your record. Three strikes, and you are banned for one week or more, depending on what you received a strike against.

You will be notified when you receive a strike, but no strikes will be publicly listed, and none of the admins will share this information with anypony.

If you have any questions or you have suggestions for rules, please reply to this and ask away, and one of the admins will add it in.

EDIT: we also need a contributor to help with stories. If you want to help, please refer to the thread in the forum labeled "Looking for Contributors" and sign up there. I will delete this afterwards.

Thanks,
Weeping Angel

I`d recommend against making a public thread with strike listing. Keep the tally internally, and only let people know how many strikes they personally have. Less chance of seeding strife that way.

Weeping Angel
Group Admin

Okay. I can make that happen. Thanks for the suggestion!

No problem. Public shaming generally does not work in an environment where ostracism is the only real punishment that can be meted out.

Also, you might want to stipulate what exactly are the rules of posting, in addition to rules of conduct. As far as one can see, authors are allowed to post a fresh thread whenever they produce a new story or add a new chapter to existing one.

A few questions remain, however. Are there any rules or limits to the stories that can be added to group folders? If mature stories are allowed, just how far the discussion can be taken? Is it necessary for the author of story to be European and/or being a member of group to have a story added?

Are threads unrelated to stories permitted? If so, what kinds of threads are acceptable and what aren`t? Are people permitted to freely post fresh threads asking for editing/proofreading/assistance/etc? If so, is there a limit to how often/much one can post in that venue? If not, is there a fixed thread to post such requests in, or the policy is to recommend looking for help in groups tailored to give help?

Weeping Angel
Group Admin

Hm. Yeah, I'll add those in. Thank you for bringing those to my attention.

And in no way I wanted to publicly shame anypony. It would just be easier for me to see instead of keeping a list somewhere else. I'm sorry if that came out like that:twilightoops:

But yes, I will fix those.

Comment posted by Eternal Flame deleted Feb 22nd, 2014
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5