Cheese Pie 713 members · 170 stories
Comments ( 49 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 49
The Princess Rarity
Group Admin

OK, everyone - so after much thought, I've made a decision, and to get this group more active, we will indeed have a writing thread for you all to participate in! Like it says in the title of this thread, we're going to apply the famous Prompt Tag to our group for everyone to try their hand at writing little drabbles for these two crazy super-duper party ponies!

For those of who don't know what a Prompt Tag Group Collab is, it's a game stolen from the AppleDash group, which you've probably already seen applied to other pairings, and here's how you play it! Somebody starts off by posting a 100-500 word mini-fic about Cheese Sandwich and Pinkie Pie. At the end will be a one word prompt. If you would like to write a 100-500 word Cheese Pie mini-fic relating to that prompt within the next four hours, comment right away to claim that prompt. Post the story when you finish, and add a one word prompt at the end for the next people to claim.

Simple enough?

Just to make sure everything is clear:

• The mini-fic can be in any style, any tag, AU, humanized, whatever. It can be a cute scene, a snippet of conversation, or an excerpt from an Equestrian history book. It's not expected to be preread or proofread, and if you've never written before that's just fine. Keep it rated teen or lower, make sure it relates somehow to the prompt you claimed and shoot for 100-500 words of fiction about Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich. (But we definitely won't stop you if it goes a bit longer!)

• Claim prompts with a quick post responding to the last post. Just the word "claimed" is fine. When you finish, make a post with the mini-fic and the remember to include the next prompt.

• Your claim is valid for four hours, to keep someone from accidentally holding things up all day. After four hours, another person could post a claim for the same prompt. If you ran out of time, and no one else has claimed it, and you still want to write it, just go ahead and reclaim it.

• In the event that people become confused, and two fics are posted for the same prompt, the first one posted contains the official next prompt.

• Please include a one word prompt at the end of your fic. There are lots of words, and they can mean lots of things, and it's up to the next writer what they want to do with it.

The first prompt for anyone who wants to snatch it is... *drumroll* Cupcakes.

(Psst, for those who wanted a contest, don't worry! That's in the works!)

FierceRainbow
Group Contributor

Prompt: Cupcakes
Claimed! :pinkiehappy:

FierceRainbow
Group Contributor

Prompt: Cupcakes

Pinkie Pie sighed, staring gloomily at the plate of treats before her. The cupcakes looked delicious, iced with soft, creamy pink and coated in crunchy sprinkles. But Pinkie didn’t feel like eating them.

The bakery was dark, the blinds closed to stop light from distracting her while they cooked. Or while she cooked. There was supposed to be another pony, laughing by her side as they whipped up the batch. She’d waited, of course. Pinkie could be a very patient mare when she felt like it. Yet he didn’t show up, even after two hours from when she was supposed to arrive, and Pinkie was left alone to make the cupcakes.

The door suddenly swung upon, the bells jingling wildly as an alert to her. Pinkie Pie’s head shot off the table, greeted by the sight of a very tired Cheese Sandwich, panting heavily.

“P-pinkie!” he gasped out when he saw her, taking her by surprise by racing across the room to take her in his arms.

A soft flush, barely noticeably through her pink coat, bloomed on her cheeks at the warm contact of his body. “Cheesy?” she squeaked out in shock.

“Sorry I’m late,” he let her go, leaving a cold emptiness where he had been, making Pinkie long for that contact again. “Those Canterlot folk really needed to loosen up. It took me a while to get them into the spirit.”

Pinkie Pie wasn’t listening to his excuses. She took a small step forwards, wrapping her arms around his neck with a sigh.

“Um, Pinkie?”

“I made cupcakes,” she said in hushed tone, drawing back to take in the red growing on his face. “Just for us. Would you like some?”

Cheese Sandwich nodded stiffly. “O-of course.”

Pinkie giggled, a happy warmth settling in her stomach. “I made them myself because you weren’t here, but we could make more later if you like.”

Cheese gave her a brilliant, genuine smile, which she couldn’t help but return. “I’d love to.”

Next Prompt: Music

Pinkie Pie walked into her room, at times like this, she desperately needed two things: music and sugar. She quickly snatched some fresh cupcakes, much to the despair of Mrs. Cake, and ran upstairs. She took her record machine and put her favorite disk on. A lively polka tune filled the room. Pinkie sighed, "Cheese would love this." She said as she ate her cupcakes in silence. Randomly, Cheese appeared, crashing through the roof. Pinkie was standing in such a way that they were right next to each other. Cheese leaned in. "Hi Pinkie." He said blushing. "Come on Cheese! Let's dance!" She led him in an awkward waltz that quickly turned into the chicken dance. "Ya know what Pinkie?" Cheese said after the record ended. "What?"
"You're super-duper-extreme awesomazing!"
Pinkie blushed and kissed his cheek. He turned red. She giggled and kissed him on the lips. They both laughed and continued the passionate partying.
Next prompt word:cooking

The pink earth pony and cheesy began doing the rubber chicken dance. It wasn't long however before the cupcakes disappeared and they had grumbling stomachs.
"Thinking what I'm thinking?" Pinkie asked grinning.
"Salsa and fondue?" Cheese asked.
"Nope! Super Duper Awesome Sauce Samwitch Making Competition!" Pinkie exclaimed with glee. Cheese grinned back.
Running down stairs they quickly collected the things they needed a tablecloth and a picnic basket. Rushing out the door without a word the two set off for a grass covered hill.

Next prompt word: Picnic

Dibs on "picnic!"

“Picnic parties,” said Cheese Sandwich, sprawling on his back on a blue-checked blanket, “are harder than they look.”

“I know, I know!” spluttered Pinkie Pie, with her mouth full of cake. She swallowed, and then went on, “I mean my friend Fluttershy, right before Dash’s party, was all ‘I love a nice picnic party,’ just because I said that parties were no picnic ---“

“Yeah! I was there, remember? Even picnic parties are no picnic! There’s no dance floor---“

“And you have to get all the food there—“

“And there’s the bugs—“

“And the bears! I know!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed, finishing their mutual sentence. “Of course, it’s a lot easier,” she admitted, rolling a little closer to him on the blanket, “if you don’t invite anypony else.”

“Uh-huh,” murmured Cheese, pulling his straw hat over his eyes. As far as he was concerned, even the hardest partying polka party ponies deserved the occasional picnic party that was strictly private, even the pink party ponies. Especially the pink party ponies, and most especially this pink party pony, whom he didn’t get to see as much as he wanted to. The sun was warm, he was full of cake, and he could feel how close she was. That high sweet voice, like a handful of holiday bells, was jingling on and on and on, and it was so soothing. He could listen to it forever, although of course he couldn’t.

What were the odds that he’d meet her again after all this time, and she would turn out to be so sensible and clever, and even better at parties than he was, not to mention very pink and squeezable? He was feeling pretty satisfied with himself, because there could only ever be one Pinkie Pie, and he had her – at least, right now. And he was pretty sure – at least, he was very nearly pretty sure --- anyway, she was the only Pinkie and she was here and that was all that mattered.

“---and then a herd of me ran right through Fluttershy’s picnic and it was all ruined, but she’s a good friend and she always forgives me when I do silly things like that, and anyway, I wasn’t there and couldn’t stop myselves.”

Wait a second. He lifted his hat off his eyes so he could look at her. “Myselves?”

“Oh, right, I didn’t tell you about the time I wanted to spend time with all my friends, and there wasn’t enough of me to go around, so I went to a mirror pool and got a whole lot more of me and me went abso-toot-lutely loco-cakes around Ponyville, including Fluttershy’s nice picnic, but she was great about it and now I don’t need to make a lot more of myself again because somehow I don’t feel as lonely anymore.”

“And how many of you were there?” he asked carefully.

“Oh,” said Pinkie Pie, “about sixteen or twenty.”

Cheese’s jaw dropped. Twenty Pinkie Pies. Twenty . . . Pinkie . . . Pies.

“You ok, Cheesie?” Pinkie Pie waved her hoof in front of his face. “Cheesie?”

_____
I went a few words over limit. :pinkiehappy: New prompt: hats!

Pinkie was sitting in her bed, swinging Boneless back and forth in her mouth. She stopped when she heard a soft *poof*. She opened her eyes and looked around. She noticed a small, pink and dark yellowish, fez on the ground. She picked it up and was about to place it on her head...

When a note fell out.

She picked it up and read it aloud.

"Dear Pinkie, if your reading this, it means you were swinging Boneless back and forth in your mouth, heard a soft poof, looked around, saw this pink and dark yellowish fez, picked it up, was about to put it on, and this note fell out."

Pinkie giggled and kept reading.

"Now back to the point. I'm really sorry I had to leave, but I'll be back next year! And I'm gonna thow a massive Cheese-Pie party! But anyway, I love you Pinkie Pie. Love, Cheesis James Sandwich.

Prompt: Accidents

Accidents: Claimed!

Three months have passed and when the time went by, Pinkie has started to act more and more weird. She became very clumsy and forgetful. Of course she still was her old self, smiling, singing everyday and helping everypony whenever they needed her but somehow it wasn't the same. And it happened that the rest of the Mane 6 knew the reason.

Ever since Cheese Sandwich left the Ponyville leaving the letter that he will return after a year, Pinkie couldn't find herself a place. Everyday she crossed out the date off the calendar and then wandered around the Ponyville without any specific purpose.

At the beggining her friends thought it was rather harmless. Actually Pinkie hasn't too much spare time apart from her daily chores so she hasn't too much occasions to do something stupid but as days went by it started to get worse.

One day when she was helping Mrs Cupcake in baking, she accidentally burned her hoof forgetting to put on a pot-holder before taking out a very hot baking tray from the oven.

"Well, it happens," mares thought, "there's no need to rise the alarm."

Another day Pinkie was helping Twilight in the library. They were sorting books. The truth was that Twilight didn't really need any help but she thought that it'll distract Pinkie a little. And surprisingly all went well until the pink mare climbed up the ladder. She saw then a book titled "100 ways to prepare a cheese snack" and got lost in her thought that suddenly one of her hooves slipped away from the rung. Pinkie crashed on the floor making a huge noise and a massive mess but fortunately didn't hurt herself, except from earning some bruises.

"It was the ladder!" Said Twilight while talking with the others. "It was unstable and that's why she fell" and they also accepted this as a coincidence.

Then a few days later she was spending her time with Fluttershy taking a walk in the forest. The mares were talking about some random stuff and enjoying each others company. Then Fluttershy suddenly said something that reminded Pinkie about Cheese. And when the nature-loving mare stopped to say hi to some cute forest creatures, after she turned back, she found out her friend wasn't with her anymore. Surprised Fluttershy came back to town searching for Pinkie and when she couldn't actually find her, she called the rest of the Mane 6 for help. Together they searched for hours and finally found their friend lost in the forest.

"I was so absent minded that I went ahead without noticing that Fluttershy isn't with me anymore. After I realised that I'm all alone, I wasn't sure where am I and couldn't find my way back," said the pink mare faking an innocent smile. Then she apologized to her friends and went straight to Sugarcube Corner, stating that she is really tired and need some sleep.

"Enough of this!" Rainbow Dash shrieked suddenly. "We should do something quickly or she is going to accidentally break her hooves!"

"Or worse..." Rarity added. "I wasn't sure I was going to say that but we must bring Cheese Sandwich back to Ponyville, before something bad will happen to our friend!"

"You're absolutely right! And I'm going to find him and bring his skinny ass here as soon as possible, no matter what!" And with that Rainbow flew as quick as she could to look for the only pony who could help them with Pinkie.
_____
Sorry I got carried away and also went a few words over limit... :twilightblush:
Next prompt: tears

Prompt: Tears

Pinkie Pie was pacing around Sugarcube Corner rather impatiently looking at the clock on the wall every few seconds. “Oh Cheesie, where are you? You should have been here 2 hours ago.”
Pinkie had send Cheese Sandwich a letter expressing her feelings for him and asked him to meet her in the cake shop at 12:00pm it was already 14:04pm and he still wasn’t there.
“Something must have happened! … But, I’m sure my Pinkie Sense would have told me…”
The little pink pony starts to cry “What if… what if he doesn’t return my feelings!? What if he’s avoiding me because he thinks I’m obsessive and annoying!? Oh no, why did I have to be so stupid. Oh Pinkie you stupid pony” She sobbed.
After about twenty minutes of her crying in one of the booths of Sugarcube Corner Pinkie finally found the strength to go up to her room to be totally alone with her thoughts. When she was about half way up the stairs the doors swung open to reveal a very distressed looking Cheese Sandwich. Pinkie looked up to see her colt standing there out of breath and clinging to the door frame for support. They locked eyes and Pinkie ran over to him tears streaming down her face and locked her hooves around his neck and blubbered out his name.
“Ch..Cheeeese! I… I… I th-”
“Shhh it’s okay Pinkie, I’m here now. It’s okay. I’m so so so sorry I’m late. Everytime I tried leaving to come here something would cut me off, it took me a while to find an easier route.” Cheese interrupted.
“Oh Che- Cheesie! It’s fine, you’re here now a.. and that’s all that matters!” Pinkie sobbed happily.
“By the way, your letter? I had no idea you felt that way. For months I’ve been trying to figure out a way to tell you how I felt and whether or not you felt the same. Well, now I know. So... Miss Pinkie... I love you with all of my heart. You’re the most super-duper-rific pony I’ve ever met and I ever will meet.” confesses Cheese.
Bewildered by what he just said, Pinkie just stares at Cheese with her mouth hung wide open. Cheese uses this opportunity to kiss her for the first time. Pinkie relaxes in his embrace and kisses him back.
Mrs. Cake walks into the cake shop to put out some fresh stock and sees the couple happily smooching in the doorway. She smiles and giggles and quietly walks off into the backroom.

This is my very first FanFic I've ever written for anything so I'm sorry it's so bad! I just wanted to have a go! :pinkiesad2: Thank you for reading! :pinkiesmile: :heart:

Prompt: Meal

Comment posted by OfficialDerp deleted Mar 9th, 2014

“Oh, come on!” Pinkie Pie looked down at the burnt food disappointedly. “Can I not make anything more than sweets?” She had been trying to make a meal for her and Cheese Sandwich, whom she had invited over for dinner.

“Are you sure you don’t want any help?” Mrs. Cake walked in.

“Nope! I can do this by myself!”

“Alright then…”

As Mrs. Cake walked away, Pinkie turned back to the stove, seeing that the hay patty that she was trying to cook was yet again burnt to a crisp.

“AAUGHHH!”

~~~~~

“Pinkie? I’m here.” Cheese walked into Sugarcube Corner, looking around for the pink pony that invited him there.

There was a loud crash that came from the kitchen, so Cheese went over to investigate.

“Pinkie?”

“Cheese!” Pinkie was sitting on the ground with a smashed plate of some kind of black thing next to her. “I’m so sorry, I tried to make something, but I just can’t seem to make anything that’s not a cupcake or something!”

Cheese trotted over and sat down next to her, putting his forehoof around her shoulders and looking her in the eyes.

“It’s ok, we can just go out to eat.”

Next prompt: Mystery

The Princess Rarity
Group Admin

3044064 I'm sniping this one. :rainbowlaugh:

The Princess Rarity
Group Admin

Claimed Prompt: Mystery

It was a relatively normal day at the Golden Oaks library. The Spring weather was crisp and clean, while the sun shined brilliantly. Right at the crack of dawn, Twilight Sparkle, the owner of the library, had just opened up for the day... and she was surprised to see who exactly was waiting outside the door.

"Pinkie Pie?" the alicorn said, with a slight yawn. "What are you and Cheese Sandwich doing here?"

Releasing a loud shushing noise, Pinkie bounced right past her friend and into the library, with her fellow party enthusiast right behind her. However, for the first time in forever, it seemed that the two wild ponies were almost calm. Emphasis on almost. Instead of squealing on and on about parties or bouncing off of the walls together, like usual, Pinkie and Cheese seemed sort of serious, in their comical kind of way.

With light hesitation, Twilight looked back and cocked her head to the side in confusion. "Can I help you two?" she questioned.

Then suddenly, Pinkie had zipped back over to her friend, now muzzle-to-muzzle with Twilight.

"Around two twenty two pm, where were you yesterday?" the pink party pony piped up.

"Uh, excuse me?" the alicorn asked warily, raising an eyebrow.

"Just answer the question! It's a crisis!" Pinkie demanded.

...well, this day was going to be fun, wasn't it?

Twilight released a sigh, and rubbed her eyes tiredly. "I was at the Castle with Cadence and Shining Armor helping them pick out things for their new foal," she muttered. "Why do you care?" She then took note of her friend's getup. "And what in Equestria are you wearing?"

Pinkie was decked out in a black cocktail dress - something that Rarity was more likely to wear - and her curly, frizzy mane was more out of control than usual. Right by her side, Cheese Sandwich was wearing a matching suit with a red bowtie that was undone. The both of them looked disheveled and a bit out of appearance... but then again, this was Pinkie and Cheese. If one were to look up abnormality or random in the dictionary, their pictures would be next to it.

"Wait, Pinkie, do you have lipstick on?" Twilight observed.

"Not the point!" Pinkie interrupted, as she nodded to her comrade. "Tell her what we're for, Cheese."

Clearing his throat, Cheese Sandwich looked to the Princess sternly. "It's a state of emergency," he announced. "Something that is of utmost importance, and could ruin Equestria if the information got into the wrong hooves. For all we know, it could tear a fabric in the reality of the everyday life we live. Time and space as we know it could be destroyed. Innocent foals and puppies will have to suffer the consequences if-"

"You're overselling it," Pinkie whispered loudly.

"Oh," Cheese said, his expression dropping. He let out a nervous chuckle. "Uh... Boneless #1 and Boneless #2 went missing."

"And-?" Twilight asked.

"What do you mean, 'and'?!" Pinkie argued, with her eye twitching. "This is the mystery of all mysteries! The tragedies of all tragedies! This is horrible!"

"And you said I was overselling it," Cheese muttered, holding back a smirk at her silliness.

Twilight looked at the two party ponies before her, and stammered. It was too early for this sort of randomness from one of them, not both. Actually, anytime of day was too early to deal with these shenanigans, but it wasn't even before seven and she still didn't have any coffee in her system...

"Right," she said blantly. "Well, I can't say that I've seen either of them."

The two party ponies frowned and pouted.

"Why are you two dressed like characters from Con Mane anyway?" Twilight asked.

"Hey, don't knock the spies!" Cheese argued. "Bowties are cool."

"Ok then," the alicorn said simply, as she shook her head. She should have known better than to question the actions of these two. "Well, you're both welcome to look around here if you wish. Just... don't throw any parties. It's too early for that."

Now in 'spy' mode, the two party ponies began exploring all around the library, in search of their precious rubber chickens.

With a sigh, Twilight shook her head, and looked over to notice Spike in the doorway of the foyer, now awake and looking awfully confused at the scene before him.

"What's going on?" he muttered through a yawn.

"I have no idea," the alicorn replied. "So, do you want waffles or pancakes for breakfast?"

New Prompt: Cheesecake

Cl cl cl cl claymeeed

Pinkie stared at the cake before her.

She had created the mastery herself, of course.

Being a party planner and living with a family of bakers, it had to be an essential to be able to bake cakes. And here she was, the masterpiece and her creation. The Cheesecake.

The pink pony smiled at herself. She didn't know why, but the itch to just whip up some Cheesecake at four in the morning had gotten to her and it felt good. The cake probably tasted the same as well, good. Maybe even better than good.

Maybe it was the fact that cheesecake had the word cheese in it. It had been a while since the other party planner had left Ponyville, and she had been dying to meet him once again. Who knows when he might come back though, it might be years before his next visit.

Knock! Knock!

Who might have been up at this hour?

Pinkie walked to the front door and opened it, smiling widely to greet them.

"Cheese?"

Speak of the devil.

Pinkie smiled.

-

Next Prompt: Birthday

Prompt: Birthday

Pinkie hopped down the street straight to Sugarcube Corner. She still had to do some things before she could . But that couldn’t darken her mood now; nothing could!

And so, she hopped down the street to Sugarcube Corner on this beautiful summer day. Today is already a great day, full of sunshine and happiness! But tomorrow will be even better, you know why?

Oh, because it’s Cheesy’s Birthday, silly! And I’m gonna throw him such a party, that he’ll have to come!

Pinkie, you’re breaking the forth wall again. I’m the writer here, remember?

And I’m a super-duper-party pony!
Yeah, sure. Anyway.

And I like cheese sandwiches!

You do? Interesting.
Oh well. So, Pinkie had some last things to do in Sugarcube Corner…

You already said that!

Pinkie! Oh, just skip to tomorrow…

--- tomorrow ---

It was the crack of dawn, but the ponies in Ponyville were as busy as bees.

“That goes there, the stage can go there… How are the muffins, Derpy? Perfect!

Then, she hopped over to see to it that the biggest banner is raised properly. It says: ‘Happy Birthday Cheese!’ and has a big painting of his cutie mark under it.

Twilight raised her brow at this sight. Which sight? Well, for one, the banner. Second, Pinkie being serious. But what did you expect? She is one of the best party planners after all. Rarity and Applejack came standing next to her.

“It is an impressive sight, y’know.” Applejack said. Rarity nodded in agreement.

“And then, you can question: why does she do this for him?” Rarity answered.

Twilight giggled. “Well, they obviously got a thing for each other.”
Rarity and Applejack laughed with her. “Darling, they are practically made for each other.” Rarity said.

Now, let’s go back to our pink mare.
“All set? Then, go!”

And the music started to play at 8 p.m. already! A bit early, but heck. A birthday is a whole day long, after all.

At that very moment, a party pony stood watching Pinkie Pie prepare for a party – his party. That made him smile.

“Look, Boneless 2, they have remembered my birthday.” Boneless just hung boneless over the saddle. Cheese grinned. “Now, let’s not let my favorite party pony down.”, he said, and practically hopped towards Ponyville.

Pinkie saw him coming from reeeeaaally far. He stopped for a moment to admire the banner.

“CHEESE SANDWICH!”
A certain pink mare came crashing down on top of him.
“Ready folks?”

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHEESE SANDWICH! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOUUUUU!”

Cheese Sandwich laughed. “Thank you all so much! I plan parties so often, I hardly get the time to enjoy one!” Everybody laughed with him.

------ one party later -----

“Again, Pinkie, I really appreciate what you did.” Cheese said.
Pinkie blushed. “Oh, silly, everypony deserves a good birthday.”
Cheese chuckled. “You know, Pinkie… I missed your parties. Actually, I missed you.”
Pinkie laughed. “I missed you too!” They both began to laugh. Then, Cheese Sandwich muzzled her. Pinkie was taken aback and blushed even harder.

But then, she turned sad. “I… I guess you’ll have to go now, to your next party.”
“Actually…” He looked her in her eyes. “In all these years of going from town to town, party to party, there’s never been any place I could call ‘home’. Until now.”
He came closer to her. “Pinkie, ever since I came to Ponyville, I knew that I belong here.”

With the full moon risen behind them, and a soft, warm breeze playing with each other’s hair, they looked at each other.

Until Pinkie leaned over to kiss him.
When they broke apart, Cheese smiled.

“Pinkie… Anywhere with you, is home.”

Pinkie laughed. “Now let’s get you your presents!”

New Prompt: Dreams

Umm..can I claim dreams please?

The Princess Rarity
Group Admin

2909881 / 2911632 / 2912758 / 2915787 / 2927183 / 2931062 / 2932739 / 3043934 / 3103276 / 3158000 / 3186252

Ok, to keep this ball rolling, I'm going to throw out a few prompts for you all to snatch. One prompt per person and the same prompt can't be claimed twice, but do what you will with whatever you find inspiration for.

Have at it, you crazy kids!

-- AVAILABLE PROMPTS --
• Farewell
• Singing
• Element
• Peanut Butter
• Candy
• Holiday

I'll claim Element! :pinkiehappy:

Royal Dibs on Peanut Butter

Comment posted by The Princess Rarity deleted Apr 15th, 2014

Element

Dear reader,

I was just walking alone, on a long and winding road. I used my magic to grab my map and look where I am. It seemed that I wasn’t very far from a village. I couldn’t make out its name in the faint shimmer of my horn, but a village meant shops, and a shop meant food. And I was starving.

As I came closer to the village, I could hear music growing louder and louder in the distance. Finally, I reached the village – and do you know what I saw?
A huge party was going on in the distance! I could see huge lights, fireworks, a giant balloon – even a roller coaster! The whole village seemed to be decorated for the party.

I immediately forgot my tiredness and galloped to join the party, before it was over. But right before I reached the village, I stopped. What if I wasn’t welcome?

But somepony saw me. It was a pink mare, with really frizzy, pink manes. She was accompanied by a brown stallion, with a brown fur and darker brown manes and tail.

“Hey there, stranger!” the mare said, “Who are you?”
Before I could stop myself, I answered. “I’m Civviq Writer.”
The stallion laughed. “I’m Cheese Sandwich, and this is Pinkie Pie! Come on and enjoy our party!” – and off where the two. I couldn’t help but smile and trotted further into the village.

At that point I got out my notebook and quill, and wrote while I was walking.

Anyhow, I saw the two in the distance, laughing and dancing and partying. I wanted to know a bit more about them, so I approached a green unicorn who was sitting on her bench, along with a crème-colored unicorn with blue and purple mane.

A bit shy I approached them.
“Uhm. Hi, I’m Civviq Writer.”
They looked up. The mint-green mare smiled back.
“Hi! I’m Lyra, and this is Bon-bon.” She looked at the still-moving quill.
“What’s with the notebook?”
I blushed. “Well, I’m writing down everything I experience on my travels. If you don’t mind…?”
The mare called ‘Bon-bon’ smiled. “Not at all.”
“Uhm… Can I ask you a question?”
“Sure, go ahead. Sit down.” Lyra said.
“Who is this Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich?” I asked, while I sat down next to Lyra.

Lyra smiled out of disbelief. “You don’t know them?” I shook my head.
“Well, then, let me tell you.
Pinkie Pie, the pink one over there..”, she pointed with her hoof towards the dancing floor, “She is the element of Harmony.”
My ears perked up. I have heard of them.
“And Cheese Sandwich?” I asked.
“Well…” BonBon said.
“He came here for the first time with Rainbow Dashes birthaversary. That was a party to be remembered for ages and ages! I heard they were together.”
“Are they?” Lyra asked. Bon Bon shrugged. “That’s what I heard. You should ask them yourself, if you really want to know.”

“Ask us what?” Cheese Sandwich asked.
The two mares and I practically jumped.
“Oh.. uhm…”
Pinkie Pie giggled. “Come on! Smile! And ask! What do you want to know?”
I looked at Bon-Bon and Lyra, but they were smiling fake smiles. So I accidently blurred the question out.
“Are you two together?”

This made them smile and laugh even more. Pinkie Pie nodded really hard.
“Of course, silly! This is what the whole party is about!”
“Oh?” I couldn’t help but smile. “Congratulations.”
“Thanks.” Cheese Sandwich said. “You wanna know our story?”
“Do we want!” Bonbon and Lyra said in unison.
“Well…” Cheese Sandwich took out his accordion and began to play.

I’m not going to write down the full lyrics; they went too fast for me write. But I could get the main plot.

So, one day Pinkie was doing her normal morning routine, singing a normal morning song about all the happy things in life, when suddenly....
“Hello, Pinkie Pie!”
Pinkie stopped in mid-hop, floating illogically. “Discord!?” she said, turning her head around.
“What are you doing here?” Pinkie landed softly.

Discord, meanwhile was floating above her head now. “Well, I just came here to tell you something you might want to hear. But if you don’t, that’s fine wi…” Discord couldn’t even finish his sentence, before being rudely interrupted by Pinkie Pie.
“TELL ME!” she shouted.
Discord was taken aback. “Oh – o – well,” he slowly landed next to her, shrinking to her height.
“You see, I was just going around, minding my own business, when suddenly I heard somepony crying.”
Pinkie gasped, Discord continued with a smirk.
“And you know who it is?”
“Who?”
Discord jumped in her ear, and whispered in a very mischievous manner:
Cheese Sandwich.
Pinkie gasped even harder now.
“WHAT?! Where is he?”
Discord pointed and she sped off in that direction, even faster than Rainbow Dash ever could.
She ran, ran, ran, until she heard the sobbing as well.

“Cheese?”
He looked up. His hat was torn, and his hair was flat. He looked like a mess.
“P-p-pinkie?” he stuttered, visibly shrinking out of self-consciousness.
“Cheese, what’s wrong?”
He didn’t answer, but began to sob even more.
It was then, that she began to comfort him… by making him laugh.

And did she make him laugh. Seriously, imagine the funniest thing you’ve ever experienced. Close your eyes, count to ten and let the warm feeling rage through your body.

Whatever it was you thought of, Pinks did it ten times funnier. Go figure.

And at that point, all he could do is smile. Slowly you saw his hair inflate again.

“Pinkie Pie,” he said in his gruff, serious voice, “You truly are the Element of Laughter.”

Pinkie blushed. “I think it is your element as much as mine. When we laugh, we are in our elements.”
And he began to laugh and cry at the same time, maybe for the bad joke or just the feelings catching up with him, and danced with her in the (illogical early, but very convenient) sunset.

Bon-bon sighed. “That was a beautiful story.”

Yes, it surely was, I really agree.

Now, I am laying my pen down because my new friends are pulling me to the apple-gobbling stand – and I don’t want my notebook to get dirty.

Singing claimed! :3

“Ugh, when are they going to be done with this?”

“They’ve been at it for hours!”

“How can two ponies come up with so many songs?”

These and many more things were said as Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich had a singing competition. This was not like their goof off, no that one had to make someone laugh; this competition was just about who could come up with the most songs to keep the singing going. They started at about eleven o’ clock
in the morning. It was five thirty now.

The rules of the competition were this:

1. The song had to be original.

2. You were allowed to cut into the other competitor’s song.

3. You could pick up the other competitor’s song from the last word to keep it going.

4. You can revisit a song if the other competitor cut in, but only after the one song. If you go to another song and then try to revisit an earlier song, you’re disqualified.

5. If you can’t come up with a song within fifty three seconds, you’re disqualified.

6. The song can’t be a cappella for more than one line.

7. A line is considered one string of words. Ex. “Because I like to make you smile, smile, smile, yes I do!” is one line.

These are the rules of the singing competition that Cheese and Pinkie were doing for about six and a half hours.

“If this doesn’t end soon, I think I’ll pass out.” Rainbow Dash, who was spectating, pretended to faint mid-air. Twilight Sparkle shot her an annoyed look.

“Try being the one who’s singing and having to do this for this long.” Twilight looked back over, intrigued by the songs.

“If I was one of them, it would’ve stopped at eleven fifteen. I would’ve quit after that long.” Rainbow touched down to the earth, folding her wings away.

“So… so… so…” Cheese started wavering on his lyrics. Was this the end of the vocal battle? “Ah! So lend me your ear for a bit!”

Nope, still at it.

Comment posted by Sketcha-Holic deleted Apr 17th, 2014

Pinkie dragged a blindfolded Cheese up to her room, with a huge grin plastered on her face and giggles escaping through her teeth. She could sense Cheese's anticipation for the surprise she had for him, and she had the highest hope that it would be worth it.

Pulling him through the door, she let go of his hoof and bounced around him. "Okay, we're here!"

Cheese laughed. "Can I take the blindfold off now?"

"Of course!"

He lifted the cloth from over his eyes. In front of him, there was a statue of himself, made entirely of candy. Chocolate was masterfully crafted into the curls of his mane and tail, green jawbreakers wrapped in white frosting made up his eyes, and his body was made up with stacked up orange gumdrops. Mashed yellow fruit snacks had been molded into his shirt, and yellow gumdrops had been stacked into a model of Boneless.

Cheese gaped at Pinkie's creation, his mouth making an "o" shape.

"Do you like it?" Pinkie asked. "I thought about making this statue out of cheese, but I when I was half done all the cheese turned all moldy and icky and blegh, so I had to throw it away and start from scratch, only this time make it out of candy! It took me five days just to do your mane, and I had to keep the chocolate from melting that whole time, so I put it on last and--oh, my, is it melting now? Statue, don't become bald in front of Cheese! He needs to decide if he likes you or not!"

Cheese narrowed his eyes and stepped forward. Pinkie watched as Cheese took a small piece of his copy's forelock and put it into his mouth. Then he took a gumdrop from its ear and ate it as well. He took a bit of frosting from its eye and tasted it, pulled a piece off from the fruit snack shirt, and took a gumdrop off the Boneless copy.

Pinkie waited in anticipation as Cheese finished taste-testing the statue, a completely serious look on his face. She leaned over to him and asked, “Well?”

Cheese looked straight at her, and said, “I don’t like it.”

Pinkie’s mane drooped when she heard that. “Oh… well… I’m sorry for wasting your time—”

Cheese held up a hoof to stop her. “I don’t like it…” He flashed a grin and exclaimed, “I love it!”

Pinkie’s mane popped up back to its usual floofiness. “Really?!”

“Yeah! I was happy that you actually took the time to make this for me, but it’s delicious as well! Ha ha, the talent running through those hooves of yours never ceases to amaze me!”

Pinkie squealed in delight and bounced in place. “Ooh, I’m super happy you like it, Cheesy! Especially after what I’ve said about the mane—”

PLOP.

The chocolate mane slid off of Candy Cheese’s head and onto the floor.

Cheese stared at the pile of chocolate, and said, “…let’s eat it now before the tail falls off.”

I'm taking Farewell >~<

Prompt: Farewell

-

"Well, uh, goodbye."

Again, like the last time that he was here, back for a second and leaving in a heartbeat. Maybe she had taken him for granted. Maybe it was supposed to be like this. The pink mares hoof waved and she couldn't bear to keep looking at him any longer.

It tore her heart apart, it was as if she was sending her husband to a war that didn't exist. The only difference was that he wasn't her husband, nevertheless, her coltfriend; and that instead of sending him to a war, he was leaving to go plan a party.

"Goodbye, Pinkie Pie," the colt said, "I'll be partying with you another day." and with a tip of a brown sombrero, he was gone and walking off into the distance of the sunset.

She almost cried, she almost ran up to him, almost hugged him for an eternity so that he wouldn't leave, almost wanted to walk with him so they could party together for the rest of their entire lives, almost. But the pinkette remembered that she had the world to protect and a town to make smile and that was what had kept her in her place.

"I'll miss you."

But he didn't hear it.

The Princess Rarity
Group Admin

3202664 Do you still have claims on Peanut Butter?

Yes. Sorry Blame KNIGHTY for thread loss. I'll be writing it later.

Ok--this thread has been quiet for a long time, and there are a lot of talented Cheese Pie writers out there, so let's add some prompts! See the front page for details on how to follow.

The one-word prompt we have left is Holiday.
The Princess Rarity had dibs on Peanut Butter, but I don't know if she still wants it.
I'm adding a few more:

Flu
Shirt
Vegetables
Amusement park

Don't forget when you're done with your prompt, add a one word prompt of your own at the end! I think that's how we wound up with just one prompt nobody wanted.

I'd do "holiday," but I'm in the middle of a full multi-parter on that one!

3803917 All right. I'll pick up the challenge. Snagging the shirt prompt. I'm sure I can come up with something.

3803917 Finished! I ended up putting it in my own universe cause it was easiest. Exactly 500 words. :eeyup:

"Are you sure we packed everything?" Pinkie pressed her side to Cheese's looking over his shoulder at the party cannon.

Cheese rolled his eyes, turning back to his wife. "Yes, for the hundredth time!"

"Okey dokey. If you're super sure." Pinkie watched the cannon disappear in the blink of an eye. Party cannons were shy like that, only appearing wherever and whenever they were needed. Now that that was settled, they started down the road from Ponyville. "First stop's Appaloosa, right?"

"Neighmours." Cheese's laugh echoed in the morning stillness. "I told you last night, remember?"

"Oh," Her cheeks turned a bright shade of red, "guess I was kinda distracted."

Cheese nickered, kissing her on the cheek. "Guess we both were."

Changing the subject, Pinkie started to look around at the somewhat dethawed earth. "Spring's coming, huh?"

"Yup." Cheese was about to jump over a puddle when Pinkie made a loud exclamation. He glanced down at it, expecting to see some kind of monster. But there was just mud. "What?"

"We did forget something." Pinkie cantered over to him, glancing at Cheese as though seeing him for the first time. "Your shirt."

"What?" Cheese snorted, stepping over the puddle. "I didn't forget it, dear. I left it."

Pinkie looked mortified. "Why? That's like leaving Boneless or Gummy behind."

His eyebrow raised ever so slightly, "Not quite."

"But," She was quickly becoming flustered. "your shirt is part of your act. Without it, ponies won't recognize you."

An "are you serious" expression became plastered on his face. "Dear, I think I'm perfectly recognizable without my shirt."

Pinkie's strides lengthened to match his. "But, why'd you take it off in the first place?"

"Because I was tired of it." His gaze fell to the large scar on her side. "I don't see you wearing a shirt."

"But I've never worn shirts. You always wear them."

Cheese looked indignant. "I do not! There were plenty of times last year I didn't wear any."

"But, never when you were party planning." Pinkie sighed theatrically, "Imagine a circus without the funny hats, actors without costumes, or clowns without their makeup. It's just sad."

"Really? It's not that big of a deal!" Cheese could not fathom why she was so fixated on this. Then it hit him. "This is about Igneous, isn't it?"

"What about Dad?"

"Your dad never goes anywhere without his hat. It's a part of him. So," He ruffled her mane playfully, "when you see that I don't have my shirt on, I must be losing myself. Is that it?"

Pinkie's cheeks puffed out like a chipmunks as she scraped the mud with her hooves. "Yeah."

"Pinkie, I'm not losing myself." The disappointed expression she was wearing made him feel guilty. "If you want, you can find me something else to wear for the party planning. Just so long as it isn't a shirt."

Pinkie's eyes lit up, "Like socks?"

"WHAT? Why socks?"

She winked, trotting down the road. "Do we need a reason, dear?"

Next prompt is thunder storm.

3803917 I call dibs on vegetables!

3804623 'Tis done! I set it in a time where they're married, just so you know.

His mother had always told him not to play with his food. After all, other ponies would think less of him if he did that, and it was bound to be messy. But this smelly stuff was not his food that he was building a little Mare Liberty with—it was his wife’s.

Normally, Cheese Sandwich would be building something out of candy for Pinkie Pie, just because he wanted to. However, the past few months had her getting sick when in contact with any sort of sweet. It was understandable, since they had recently learned she was pregnant.

Pinkie had been disappointed in having to avoid the sweets she so loved and instead craving vegetables. Though they were glad that she never craved the ever-so-classic pickles, Cheese absolutely despised the one thing she happened to crave today.

“Why sauerkraut today, Pinkie?” he murmured. “Why sauerkraut?”

Vegetables were easy enough to serve—but in order to make it more fun for the both of them, Cheese had taken to building silly things out of them. He had carved mini-figurines of Pinkie and her friends out of carrots one day, and a bridge out of celery the next, and a scale model of Gummy out of lettuce. Pinkie had been a little afraid to eat that last one.

Usually he enjoyed building something with the vegetables. Too bad this time he was up against his old nemesis.

“You may have caught me alone this time, Dr. Sauerkraut,” he growled. “But you will not defeat me!”

He wrinkled his nose at the smell. “Your stink bombs will not work this time, you corrupted cabbage! I have backup!”

Pinkie popped up next to him. “Who’s your backup?”

He glanced at her and smirked. “Why, it’s you, dear.” He stepped back and admired his work. “Dr. Sauerkraut is attempting to take over Manehattan, and he’s disguised himself as Mare Liberty to do so!”

Pinkie gasped. “That’s awful!”

“You bet it is! It’s up to you to stop him!”

Pinkie held a look of complete seriousness on her face, and saluted. Her tongue shot out like a frog's, and she pulled the sauerkraut in quickly. She munched on it a few times before swallowing, and a few seconds later, she let out a burp and giggled.

Cheese laughed. “The day is saved once again!” He patted Pinkie’s side, put his ear to it, and whispered, “Here’s another veggie prisoner to lock up, little minion. Make sure he doesn't escape.”

Pinkie giggled once again. “You’re so silly, Cheesy.”

Cheese backed up and grinned. “That’s my specialty.” He looked down at his hooves and grimaced. “I better wash this leftover sauerkraut off my hooves…” As he made his way to the sink, he grumbled, “I’m never feeding the kid that stuff… ever.”

Random headcanon--Pinkie craves vegetables when pregnant.

Also, my prompt--Tickle

XD love the Albuquerque reference. "did i mention that I HATE SAURKRAUT!"

3804937 That was so cute! Clever idea with the veggies. I wouldn't have thought about Cheese making them into shapes for her. That's hilarious!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 49