Blunt Reviews Group 467 members · 170 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

For anyone like me whom expected this to be a crossover with the video game series alone in the dark, you'll be disappointed, just like I was. Not necessarily because it isn't what I expected, but moreso because........ The story is disappointing.

So, the subject for the dissection table is: Alone in the Dark, a fic written by Lokimen, it's labelled only as Slice of Life, so I'm going to view the story as strictly slice of life and nothing else.

And when you judge it as such, it's disappointing to say the least.

The story involves Twilight and Rainbow dating...... Yes, riveting subject matter I know. And spike feeling left out because he thinks that their relationship will wrench Twilight away from him.

Question: hasn't Twilight already stated that nothing will ever keep her from caring for him? I clearly remember that in the episode number one assistant, so that logically means that she's said it in this fic aswell, seeing as it's only slice of life and not AU.

Remember, going purely off of the tags

Well, later on he has some inner dialogue with........... I don't know, Spikes evil side? Which tells him that his worst fears, of Twilight leaving him alone (in the dark) is being realized even as they speak.

He then confronts his evil side, by saying that the memories he has with his friends (which we get to hear about in annoying flashbacks) will forever be with him, so even IF they leave him, he'll still keep them in his heart.

Over all, the story is competent, but fails to live up to expectations. Even having to read it twice before reviewing left a bad taste in my mouth, even though that beyond the title this fic had some promise.

4/10 people, I honestly can't recommend it.

Abramus5250
Group Admin

2836860 A very good review, both in bluntness and why you didn't like it. Just leave the link to the story, and it's subsequent review, in the Master List of Reviews thread.

Well, there goes my winning streak:ajsleepy:. Thanks for the review anyway:pinkiehappy:.

Any time, hum?:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright: So, would be asking to much for you to take a look at my other stories? Just to see if you like any of them better than Alone in the Dark?

Well, seeing as alone in the dark had promise....... Sure, why the hell not.

Thanks:pinkiehappy:! You can start with any story you please.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8