Blunt Reviews Group 467 members · 170 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Abramus5250
Group Admin

I’ve never played the Overlord games, and while I do understand the overall gist of them, I never really followed the story. In fact, perhaps that was why this story made me chuckle as much as it did: you don’t need to understand Overlord in order to know what he is. A dark, conquering master of all things bad and evil: not too shabby of a profession.

The references to many different “places” was good, though a bit blatant. Still it’s a nice little “inside” joke for those of us who know a little bit about these places. Also, the hatred of pandas? I wheezed a little from giggling, I’ll admit.

Plot-wise, it’s not something we’ve never seen before, but it works and suits the purpose of the story. My only problem with it so far is that it is really short. More details, both comedic and descriptive without being blatantly so, could have been added, but for a published piece, it’s not half bad. Spelling is on par with most “decent” stories, but a few of the sentences seemed a bit... clunky. Characterization will have to come later, as this is only the first chapter of what I suspect might be quite a few.

My biggest suggestion would be to capitalize the "O" in overlord for the title.

All in all, if you want a good chuckle or are interested in a crossover like this, give it a try. It won't be a waste of your time if you don't like it.

2802046 for now, I kind of feel I had my joy here.

yay, positivity!

in all seriousness, thank you. I do plan to continue the story in all its referential glory

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3