The New Lunar Republic Air Force 187 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 288 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 288
NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3238313 3238379 (Incoming picture dump) *I set the assault cannon down, then open up another cargo pod and begin pulling weapons from it, such as:

the Accelerator submachine gun,

the Boss assault rifle,

the Hammer LMG,

and the Mass Driver sniper rifle.*

"When I started with the NLRAF, I began designing my own replacements for standard-issue weapons. I was going to send the prototypes to R&D for possible fielding, but after Nexus betrayed us I decided some things were better kept to myself."

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3238475>>3238313 "I'm in. Jet?"

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

(Incoming info dump.) "Now then, I know what you're thinking: why do three of these weapons have two barrels? Let me explain each one, and you'll see. The Accelerator was designed with CQB in mind, with red-dot sight, foregrip and targeting laser, as well as an extendable stock. Having two barrels enhances its firing rate, and allows for faster, more accurate bursts. Their blowback systems are rigged to cancel each other out for reduced recoil.

The Boss is the ultimate in versatility, with integrated foregrip, grenade launcher and targeting laser and flashlight. You'll notice its second barrel has a silencer attached. This second barrel has a semi-automatic action, allowing for more accurate single shots. The silencer allows it to function as a long-range stealth weapon, when a proper sniper isn't available. However, the silencer can be removed, and the two barrels fire simultaneously in bursts, though only sparingly.

The Hammer carries three drums of ammunition with it, and thus I have installed rail covers with weight-lessening enchantments on the sides. However, only one of these drums is drawn from at a time; the one just in front of the trigger. A special mechanism ejects this drum when it is empty, then slides the one in front of it backward, ready to use. This transition takes hardly a second, allowing for almost continuous suppressive fire. A second pony could then load another drum into the empty forward position. The integrated foregrip, laser designators and foldout bipod are my finishing touches. On the Hammer, only one barrel is used at a time, and they switch as soon as one becomes too hot.

The Mass Driver actually bears little difference from a standard sniper rifle. That area of weapons development is kind of a weak spot for me, but I did install a targeting laser, enhanced scope and collapsible stock with space to carry an extra clip.

Wrapping up, the Assault Cannon is my middle ground between a grenade launcher and an RPG. It fires grenades which lack independent propulsion, but it fires them with much more force than an undermounted launcher, allowing them to travel in almost a straight line for quite a distance; little compensation is needed on the part of the user. When it is needed, the smart scope detects it and helps the user calibrate it. It is a single-shot weapon, but a slide-open breach makes reloading quick and painless."

3238496 3238475

I look at the weapons sprawled on the crates the floors and in your hoofs before looking at you two with a expression that says 'Why the fuck would i ever team up with you two' before replying "Designated marksmen. Dibs."

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3238569 *I toss you the Boss rifle.*

"Have a go with it. Fire selector switch is on the right side, just don't use the very bottom setting; it's burst mode using both barrels at once, and it'll wear out the second barrel's action pretty easily. Grenade launcher is unloaded, I'll walk you through that if you want to here in a second."

Comment posted by Midnight Rider deleted Apr 29th, 2014

"Got it. I'l use it in conjunction with the M392 Rifle."

(See ya)

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3238475 3238641 *I store the weapons back in the cargo pods. Sealing them and dumping them back in the storage cube, I reach in and pull out another.*

"Now this is the big one!"

*I open the pod, and remove several pieces of high-tech armor. I snap it on around my right foreleg, and pieces begin to unfold and connect automatically. Pulling out a band with two large battery packs on it, I strap it around my midsection, then connect a wire from the armor to it. The armor hums to life, and begins to glow with blue repulsor energy.*

"Oh yeah, we're in business now!"

NLR Lightning Bolt
Group Contributor

A blue unicorn walks over with a large crate hovering behind him looking bored before he sets up in front of one of the sniper targets and pulls out a long black sniper rifle with a bipod. He then lays down with the rifle tucked against his shoulder and adjusts the scope.

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3239231 "And you are?"

NLR Lightning Bolt
Group Contributor

He glances at him. "Lightning Bolt, and you?" He flips a few switches on the gun.

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"I'm skyfall NLRAF master sergeant. Hacker, sniper, inventor. OH! Check this out imma fall and not pull up! Nightshade remember the long fall boots I put on? "*without even waiting for a reply I fly up to about 4 stories and then fall, hooves pointing to the ground.*

"Well. I should probably test out good the M392." I say walking over to a crate and reaching inside pulling out the Gleaming M392 DMR known to me as luna.

NLR Lightning Bolt
Group Contributor

He rolls his eyes and lightly pulls on the trigger causing it to glow purple and slowly charge up.

"Right then. Selection of .35 7.62x52 or 5.56x45....Hmmm...i dunno what to choose." I say as i begin placeing .35 cailber rounds into the magazine with my wing tips. After pressing eleven of the rounds in i place the mag in the mag well and rack the bolt.

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

*I land beside lightning* "long fall boots. They absorb the impact of the force when you hit the ground."

NLR Lightning Bolt
Group Contributor

Lightning rolls his eyes but keeps most of his concentration on his target. "Featherfall spell does the same thing."

"No need to worry for a spell though. Less taxing on the teams unicorn and easier so you dont have to remember to cast the spell."

I line the sights up of the M392 and pull the trigger again and again with a pause of about two seconds each time between before the next trigger pull.

After finishing all of the mag i take it out and pull the bolt back "Amazig round grouping there."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"Give em to the earth-pony units to be used when bailing from a Jet. Quicker escape." *I pick up the portal gun.* "Now this, with a few tweaks could move mass supplies and units instantly." *I shoot the two portal at a wall and beside lightning . And jump through moving between.* "now that's thinking with portals!"

NLR Lightning Bolt
Group Contributor

The gun charges fully and Lightning fires a small stream of black which blows the target into pieces and he pulls back on a bolt and down to let a revolving chamber cool outside before setting it back in place. "The spell doesn't have to be maintained once cast as an enchantment the boots do."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"Science over magic. Science is quicker and more efficient." *I point my screwdriver at his blaack beam gun thing. As it starts to buzz and a green light at the point and short circuits your gun.*

NLR Lightning Bolt
Group Contributor

It doesn't do anything as Lightning ignores him. "Magic doesn't backfire as much." He fires again and lets it cool.

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"Wrong frequency. Ah well. Anyway my sciences can help the NLR. And once I figure out how to replicate the omni blades and light rifles. Then say magic still rules."

"Honestly. Who need fuckin magic and science when you have good ol' fashioned steel and lead." I say over my shoulder packing the M392 away

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"Science made you gun." *skyfall just facehoofs*

NLR Lightning Bolt
Group Contributor

He puts the sniper rifle to the side and opens a portal to store it before pulling an assault rifle out that is of the same make.

"But scientists dont use it do they. Its for the grunts the rock apes the snow drops the ruperts the swabbies and all the rest."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"Any weapons I use, I have made with my own hooves. Unless unable to reach them at the time I have to use them." *skyfall opens the portal to his lab and quickly enters and returns closing the portal. He now us wearing a white armor hoofring (ever play elsword? Chung.) Beside him lays a white cannon.)

"I aint even gonna ask. I'l be needing special oil and cleaning rags for this baby though."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

*I reach into my pack and hand you what you needed.* "here you go. Old artifact I found still figuring it out. From what I can tell it had to have been from be for the princesses rule. Watch." *I lift the hoof with the ring on it up and it glows blue. The cannon lifts up and I back up.*

"I don't even know how it does this!" *I move my hoof in a slash and the cannon follows I punch forward towards a target it flashes blue and the target has a cannon ball sized hole but no cannon ball can be seen.* "any ideas?" *I put the cannon back down* "melee and ranged..."

".....Molecular kinetic energy?"

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3240306 3241002 3240738 "Skyfall, you have one hell of an ADHD streak. I just flare my wings to slow down, then grin and bear the rest. Takin' little stuff like that makes it easier when you have to take big stuff, like a bullet. And you've got me on whatever the hell that cannon is. But I do know exactly how this works."

*I raise up my right hoof, point it at a target, and fire. A blue bolt of energy shoots from my hoof, blasting a scorched hole in the target on impact.*

"Or, if you really want to up the ante..."

*I press a button on the armor's lower gauntlet, then point again. This time, the armor hums loudly as it charges energy, then releases a larger pulse blast from my hoof. It is slightly slower advancing on its target, but on impact explodes in a massive burst, shredding the target to pieces.*

"Then, when you really want to make a personal statement..."

*I tap another switch, and the humming becomes almost inaudible as I put my hoof back down. Instead, a plate on my shoulder flips up, and from inside the armor fire three small missiles. They sail down the range, absolutely battering another target.*

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

(How could you tell I have ADHD XP )

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

(imagin the armor and cannon on my OC right here.) "it follows me as well watch." *I take a pistol off the cannon and the ring starts to move over and armor my body. I spread my wings and they get a slick smooth white aerodynamic meta over them that's loose and allows flight.* "this gets fun." *I FLY up as the cannon follows behind I switch between firing the pistol and the cannon the the pegasi's skytargets.* "WAAAHOOO"

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3241215 "Alright then, I guess we're suiting up. This battery pack can't support the full armor, but I know what I can do."

*I remove the armor from my leg piece by piece, followed by the battery pack, then store them all away in a cargo pod. I drop it back into the storage cube, then dive in myself.*

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

*I FLY down and slide across the ground in front the a target. a quick burst of energy and I smash the cannon and shoot the target on the ground and start slowly reloading.* (noted my face isn't covered.)

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3241758 *To the sound of epic electric guitars wailing, I burst from the storage cube, clad in a black stealth-polymer suit. My wings are extended, but appear more bat-like, with red coverings over them. Moreover, they're not what's propelling me; those would be jet thrusters in my back hooves. I bank around in the air, then drop to the ground.*

Comment posted by Midnight Rider deleted May 1st, 2014
Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

(I just love how we are just showing off our OC's stuff XD this cannon will be like a last resort type of this.)

(Im asking for halo amour here.....Wait...i just apprehended a massive truck load of tech......*smiles evily* Juns armour here i come)

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

(Lol. I'm at home playing final fantasy 10 my 2nd favorite game ever. My first favorite is Dark cloud )

(Always been a sucker for FPS's :ajsleepy:)

"Ahh!" I exclaim loudly jumping off the crate i was sitting on "The new armour should be getting air shipped right about..." I look at my watch as a package falls from the back off a chinook hovering above us as it deploys a parachute it begins its slow descent to the ground "Now." I finish as it touches the ground.

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

(I love fps games so much. BUT I BLOODY SUCK AT THEM XD!! My gaming skills lay in rpg's , survival , and platformers. )

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"So what's that?" *my armor retracts back into the hoof-ring form and the cannon turns into a blue gem then floats down into a slot on the ring.*

"Its my new armour. Forget kevlar. Forget ballistic inserts. Im having this. After all i do get choosies on the equipment from the smuggle."

I say lifting out a Scout Recon helmet with a camera attached to the side and a set of binouclars attached directly to the helmet "Im gonna love fighting with this. Even has overshields...Not to efficient though."

(AFK)

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3243955 3243970 *I reach up to my neck and pull back the cowl, revealing my head.*

"I built this battlesuit based on stealth polymer designs we stole from the Legion. It's lighter and faster, better for covert ops, and has a few special tricks of its own. Observe."

*I tap a button on my sleeve, and instantly become invisible.*

"Or rather, don't."

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3243970 3243977 (Nexus and Lolk have god-modes, and Nexus has at least a six-OC squad of god-moders, in addition to a Titanfall mech. We need all the incredible crossover tech we can get to make it a fair fight.)

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

(Agreed /). Now I have Chung you have 2 suits midnight has halo stuff time for the big guns... I'll link to my ship. Oops I meant AIRship in a moment.)

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

((my sweet ragnarok final fantasy 7 this will be our squads.) "I'll be back. Close the portal behind me. Press the button and give me about an hour." *I show nightshade how to close the portal and I step through.* (i say an hour because he has to finish the left booster that allows it to fly. I'll also be back in a hour! AFK)

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 288