The New Lunar Republic Air Force 187 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 35 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 35
NightmareDash
Group Contributor

*Maybe a mile from Everfree AFB, the Oak Tree bar is a popular hangout for enlisted ponies in the NLR. The officers have their club, the rest of us have the Oak Tree; once you hit second lieutenant, you're never there again. It's there I find myself tonight, hoping to finally relax after several days of hysteria on the high seas. With any luck, the other airponies who joined me on that mission will arrive as well, so I won't have to drink alone. The bartender, a zebra with a penchant for rhyme, pours me up a cold one.*

"Your time with me is almost through, your next promotion is overdue."

"Don't I know it, Zecora. But there's not a lot of glory in fighting domestic terrorists. Some days I just think the brass doesn't have its head on straight."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

*entering the bar I notice zecora and a smile crosses my face.* "hey nightshade." *I sit down beside him and look to zecora.* "haven't seen you since I left for the nlr. Hows ponyville and the everfree been zecora?" (Skyfall used to live in ponyville. So he knows most of the ponies from there.)

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3233494 Z: "The war has been unkind to me; I live near the base for my own safety. It's been kinder to my purse, I think. There are plenty of soldiers, needing plenty to drink!"

"Good to see you, Skyfall. Glad we all made it off the Goldenchord in one piece. Certainly glad to be off that ship; I didn't have nearly enough of a lab to work with. Not to mention how easily Nexus got onboard. But now that he and that 'Lolk' bastard are having at each other, hopefully we've been given more time to prepare for the next time he shows his face."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"Smart on your part zercora. Vodka tonic btw."*I look over to nightshade* "oh for sure. I hate being at sea..."

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3233539 "Like I told Storm Cloud before we started this whole mess, I'm not trained to fly off a carrier. It's a completely different kind of aviation! You'll notice that the most effective planes in sinking ships were drones launched from here. And you can't land an A-10 on an aircraft carrier!" (As Lightning Bolt failed to realize)

I walk inside with my combat fatigues still on and a faint burn mark around me chest area. "Finaly managed to take out those damn ELA bastards smuggling tech all around the place." I say with a grin sitting on the other side of nightshade. "I'l tell you what though just to get that one last truck was a bitch. Had all the good gear in it anyway. Something called a light rifle. A whole bunch of knives that apparently grip to anything you stab em into."

I take a swig of the cider now infront of me "Im gonna need new plates though."

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3234643 "Wow, Jet, pull up a chair, you need some liquid relief. Skyfall and I were just talking about the blasted Goldenchord and Nexus and Lolk's little private war. With any luck, one will wipe the other out, then we can take them out while they're weak, but both are annoyingly powerful."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"Yeah you look like you've been having fun. Being a techy Ian't all its cracked up to be either you know." *I drink the shot placed in front of me* "a lot sits on the back."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"I can second that!/" *I let out a a small snicker.*

"Oh which reminds me. The bastards smuggling the gear had these." I pull out three orange circles the look like they attach to your fore hoof.

"Some kind of light blade the techys back home think. Theres tons more and there going to try a develop them further to issue to special ops and forces in the future.

(Mass effect omni blade essentially.)

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"Let me see one of those please." *I take one and push a few tables out of the way then put it over my hoof and examine it for a second before I swing my hoof as the Orange blade forms from the circle * "I like this! Can I take this to learn how it works!" *I'm just staring at the blade from every angle. Looking at every little detail*

"Sure if you break it theres a whole three crate loads at the strip." I reply non chalantly whislt taking another swig of the cider "Ahh that cools the chest fire."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

Mass Effect 3 Demo - All The Omni-Blade Attacks: http://youtu.be/SANKM3GiBOE

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"Thanks a bunch!" *I continue I tests it's other functions a few make me stagger back but I soon get the hang of it and move smoothly.*

"Just dont kill yourself. We dont have three crate loads of you."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"If I die it'll be on the battlefield." *I dismiss the blade .* "this tech is years ahead of our current standing. If we could use this for our weapons and vehicals it could win us the war!" *my eyes are full of delight*

"Yeah. One techy almost cut through a scorpian light recon tanks armour with this thing. I'l tell em to give you accses to the rest of the gear. The light rifle your gonna like."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"Light rifle!" (Skyfall is about as happy as twilight when she got her cutie Mark right now. XD ) "the SE and LoD won't see what hit them!"

"Oh sweet luna its amazing." I put my mug down smiling as i turn around to face you leaning forward slightly "It essentialy fires particles of light but if it touches anything artifical it just disintergrates." I saw waving my hoofs slightly whislt smiling "Only problem being you need a good aim and it only has two rounds per clip."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

*skyfall looks over at you now calming down.* "what I want to know is who made it?" *I fix the tables and sit down.* "any leads?"

"None. But old ugly horror story seemed like she could make light particles come from no where. I mean she is a changeling ghist after all."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"Ghist?" *a confused look crosses skyfalls face*

"Eh. I dunno. Ghost or something. Never heard of em nor have i seen one nor do i believe in em. Three .45 ACP rounds went straight through her though."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"Well that's new. Anyway. I've been working on devices for years. I have a few proto types on me.". (He still is working on a portal gun XD )

"What that can kill ghosts? Holy shit bro send em my way."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"Last time I tried that it blew up in my face. Literally." *skyfall ruffles through his saddle bag for a minute and pulls out a small box.* "check this out." *skyfall smirks and throws up the box. Once in the air it starts to transform into a pistol and skyfall catches it.* "workng on devloping it for vehicles."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

(Skyfall has built airships *final fantasy* the portal gun *portal 2* and much more. I try not to use them so skyfall isn't mega OP)

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3235282 3235290 *I watch the demonstration with thinly-veiled excitement.*

"Oh, hello, beautiful! I'll need at least four, two for myself and two for my armor. Let's see Nexus take one of these in the flank!"

*Continuing to listen, my interest only grows.*

"Gentlecolts, I believe this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Listen, I've made a ton of progress on the battle armor I designed with that weapons data we stole from the Legion. Now we have generation-after-next Swiss Army Knives, light rifles, and Luna knows what else. I'd like to open up a new project, to integrate all of this incredible technology onto a single warrior; the soldier of tomorrow, if you will. This could be the edge that finally brings down Nexus and wins us the war!"

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

"Could I have a look at this project? I think if we were to add this into our ground forces and our jets. It would be amazing! Unstoppable even!"

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

*I walk over to you two.* "What do you think if we form into a squad? We our skills combined we could raise up in ranks and power." *I throw 3 bits to zecora and head for the door.* "we can discuss while testing the omni tech at the shooting range." (I'll shoot that thread up.)

NLR Lightning Bolt
Group Contributor

A blue unicorn walks in rings under his eyes and a drag in his walk as he seems to have been awake for a while. He sits a few seats away from the group and asks for a coffee.

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

(It's up. Head on over for omni weapons.)

NLR Lightning Bolt
Group Contributor

(*grumbles* Right when I find the thing it's moved)

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor
NLR Lightning Bolt
Group Contributor

(Changed to a different thread is a better phrase)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 35