The New Lunar Republic Air Force 187 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 289 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 289

"That'll be good enough for me"

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3189295 3189301 "One word: speed. An F35B could outrace any helicopter, and it can take on other aircraft in addition to the carrier. Helicopters will be sitting ducks for MANPADs and anti-aircraft defenses. And once again, bombs are too imprecise. If nothing else at least use low-yield guided missiles, so we don't accidentally capsize the ship or destroy the main hard drive."

3189456 "Ugh... look, the helo's won't stick around the ship after you land until you need an exfil. And sinking the ship is what the battleship will be for. The destroyer's for anything else that they have in terms of a navy. they can detect subs and launch tomahawk missiles if need be."

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3189464 "I give up, this whole op is starting to look like a crapshoot. You want to risk helis out there, be my guest. But like I said, sitting ducks. I'm sending in two of my own Reaper drones to attack secondary strategic targets, primarily aircraft on deck, elevators between the deck and hangar, and lifeboats."

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

(U like the meltdown idea! More action when your timed to escape. Or throw in the idea of charges and when we are out of blast range. BOOM GO THE REACTOR!)

Comment posted by Midnight Rider deleted Apr 10th, 2014

"Luna Damnit nightshade!" I slam my hoof on the table clearly pissed off "I may not hold that much of rank rank but by Luna's name either your in the air or your in the ship with us that's your choice!"

(Also one thing. Why is my user name a master sergeant and my OC jetstream a command chief sergeant or whatever it was again. I don't understand how one person can attain dual ranks in the same branch? :rainbowhuh:)

3189818 "We're not taking out the life boats! You may think I'm as weak as Nexus but that goes against the rules of war!" (It is. POW's are only acceptable if they're soldiers and when a ship is sunk, you don't attack the lifeboats.)

3190376 (I'm only human. I must have missed it when updating.)

(Kay. Sorry but I was jus wondering is all :twilightsmile::twilightsheepish:)

Kingofsmooth
Group Contributor

(Well then go with the charges. like I said While we are on the ship we plant charges on the reactor then, once we are out of the blast range we blow the charges on the reactor.)

3190840 (The reactor goes, fallout will turn your insides into mush. The battleship will just blast the hull and we'll head out after we have what we need. Simple as that. No need to have the extra weight and potential for spontaneous combustion.)

(Yeah I agree. Plus what if the charge prematurely blow. And then also even if we don't die and get out of the blast radius. We'll have to deal with fallout and nobody likes fallout.)

3191075 (That's what the spontaneous combustion had to with.)

(Okay. Well then I think we're all jus waiting on nightshade now I guess)

"

(Oh yeah. I put up a thread and most of the replies said they wish they could but couldn't :ajsleepy:)

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

3191085, 3191083
"I heard you were looking for another stallion. Trust me, I'm your guy," a stallion says from behind you. You see that he has many horns protruding from his skull and tattered wings folded on his back.

3191161 (Shouldn't you be working instead of RPing. I kind of finished my work hence I can. And if you're done... SEND IT BITCH!:flutterrage:)
"Well then. Now we need ten more or we're going in under manned."

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

(I'm not done, Midnight Rider just happened to send me a distress signal and I responded as quick as possible.)

"Understood, sir. Also, I don't think we've met. I'm Corrupted Shadow, Lunar Aegis' half-brother," I reply, saluting before holding out my hoof.

3191179 "Um... why aren't you under his command then?"

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

"Because I'm a freelancer. I follow anypony looking for a soldier who's willing to fight. The best thing is, my only payment is being capable of shooting a gun," I say, before glancing behind me. "Besides, the last time I saw Lunar was when I granted him his powers of electricity. He probably doesn't even remember me..." A far away look clouds my eyes for a moment. I shake my head and it's gone.

3191188 "Ooookaaaay..... So we're going to need more before we move on to the carrier."

"Still. Glad you here. We need more stallion power though." I look over to the CO "Are we going to call mercs in on this?"

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

3191199, 3191195
"Mercs," I say with a scowl. "You can't trust mercs. They only want money. If you don't give them enough money, they could become a major liability, because the other side might hire them for more."

3191199 "I don't think I can. Nexus was the one with foreign relations. The last time i went anywhere outside of Equestria I was nearly killed."

"Aye I realize the but right now what other option do we have?"

"Send a foreign diplomat. You don't have to go yourself."

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

"Fair point, it's just... you can never know for sure that a merc has got your back, ya know? I'm a half-demon alicorn who can't use his magic, who would care if I was gunned down by friendly fire? Oh well, I'm just paranoid. I'll just make sure the mercs all go ahead of me."

3191218 "I'm the next in command under Luna. Nexus was the formal Diplomat during this war. Since I'm in his spot now, I'm the one that can go. Unless you can get your half brother on it Shadow?"

"I care if anyone on my team gets hurt. Merc or not they don't deserve to be left for dead. No pony left behind and all that. But I can understand what you mean and I respect your opinion."

(Sorry for DP)

"We have to have more than one Foreign Diplomat than just the colonel haven't we!?"

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

"At least some pony does," I reply, "thanks for that. I don't think you introduced yourself to me..." I trail off and hold my hoof out for a hoofshake.

"I'll talk to him and see if I can get him on it," I answer, nodding my head slightly. "Knowing him, he'll probably bring his squad, too."

"Oh sorry, just got caught up and the plan to slot nexus is all. Names Jet Wash. I'm from trottingham. I'm the chief command master sergeant along with nightshade but I don't care to much for that. So just call me Jet." I shake shadows hoof before looking at the CO again "Well that's just shit ain't it."

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

"Nice to meet you, Jet. Just call me Shadow."

"I'm sure my half-brother can handle himself. I can tell that he's grown more powerful than the last time I saw him. He'll be fine, and like I said, he'll probably bring his squad with him."

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3190376 "Umm, okayyy... You do realize I am going in with you? I'll control the Reapers from the field
with this." *I point at my Toughbook*
3190378 "Please don't make this personal, Colonel. I meant I would destroy them on the outside of the ship, before the rebels can use them to escape. No casualties, they'd just be unusable. You know as well as I do how easy it would be for Nexus to slip away in one. And given this is half a boarding party, half an assassination, I don't think the normal RoEs apply."
3190139 (I'm with you on that one. Go nuclear or go home)

3191255 "So long as he doesn't have to fight Nexus himself. I heard somepony did a statistic on that and Nexus kicked his ass."

"Then fuck the jet. Your going in the helo with me and the others."

3191257 "If Nexus want's to get away, he'd fly away with his Iron Icarus'. He would never make himself a sitting duck."

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

"Yeah, I heard that too. I also heard that it was a bogus statistic and that it might be redone. BUT, he should stay out of Nexus' way, considering he's going to a foreign country in the search for mercs." I spit the last word, my distaste for it plainly obvious.

3191266 "I don't know. He taught me how to fight and it's a brutal program. The statistics were done well enough I think."
(If anyone knows what we're on about then go ahead and jump in.:twilightsmile:)

"I'm done here. I need to sort my gear out."

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

"Meh. Lunar can overcome almost any obstacle in his way, be it fighting a friend or literally climbing over an obstacle, such as a mountain. But, I'm not going to get into an argument with the CO, so you can consider the matter dropped.

(Agreed. Here that guys? Figure out what we're talking about and keep it going!)

3191261, 3191257, 3190840

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3191255 "Good to meet you, Corrupted. Aegis mentioned you a few times back at LUNA. You're good by me."
3191265 "Fair point, but just curious, what is an 'Iron Icarus'?"
3191261 "Then be sure the thing has a full load of flares. They won't do much against RPGs, but at least it's something. I'll see about installing Trophy antimissile systems on the helicopter for additional protection."

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

"Good idea. I'll come with you."

"Nice to meet you as well, Nightshade. If Lunar has been putting in a good word for me, then I should probably go talk to him."

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3191279 3191289 "Agreed. I need to get to my workshop."

3191288 "The Iron Icarus are mechanical wings that can be worn as a backpack or as prosthetic. The backpack are for military use and the prosthetic use the existing nerve endings that are used for normal pegasi wings. They're his invention, like his legs. He made his prosthetic so that he could be more effective in combat. He had them modified to enhance what he could normally do if he were a pegasus. He can crack the sound barrier in about a minute and he's extremely maneuverable. So that's his favorite way of personal transport."

NightmareDash
Group Contributor

3191305 "Understood. Don't worry, I'll figure out a few ways to even the odds."

IrresponsibleCupid
Group Admin

3191330, 3191305, 3191279
(Be back in a bit guys. Girlfriend just showed up.)

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 289