Deleted and Blocked Club 153 members · 240 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

So I just got blocked for what I believe to be the first time. Reason? Apparently, I'm a Grammar Nazi.

...*snerk*

The story behind this is that he deleted my first comment, which was essentially me saying that his fic was interesting but needed some serious editing. I posted another, found here:

stephen51991 #59 · 1w, 6h ago · 4 · 3 · THE FOURTH CHAPTER ·

Really? You found my comment so offensive that you felt the need to delete it? ...Wow, that's just petty. All I said was that you REALLY needed to edit your story, I even complimented you on it otherwise!

Makes me wonder how long until you'll delete this comment for calling you out on your shit.

Guess what? Instead of deleting it like I thought he would, he actually left it there! At first I thought he'd realized his mistake after being called out, and was simply willing to let the issue lie like a sane, reasonable human being. (On the internet? Yeah, I've been kicking myself for that one.) But then I saw this:

Starlight Nova #62 · 13h, 27m ago · · · THE FOURTH CHAPTER · Gravestone

What's with all the deleted comments?

Gravestone #64 · 13h, 20m ago · · · THE FOURTH CHAPTER ·

>> Starlight Nova Those would be Grammar Nazis.

When I tried to post a reply it didn't work, so I waited a bit and tried again. And again... Aaaand again. I soon realized that the asshole had blocked me while simultaneously making himself look like the 'better man' by not deleting the comment that called him out! I called him petty in my previous comment, turns out I was entirely correct.

Anyways, now that we've gotten the backstory out of the way, here's the comment that I was trying to post:

Grammar Nazis

Is that what you thought I was doing with my first comment? Being a Grammar Nazi? No, a Grammar Nazi would call you out for making a single, isolated mistake that most readers -including myself- would forgive in a heartbeat. This is not that.

As evidence, the first chapter has over 1,900 words. Do you know how many commas it has?

That's one comma for every 91 words, and some of those were used in place of periods.

This is not an isolated, easily dismissed mistake that only die-hard GN's would catch. It is a glaring, ongoing and repeating error that detracts from what would otherwise be an interesting story by making it a chore to decipher.

A Grammar Nazi would trash this story entirely while whining and calling it 'utter garbage'.

I said it was interesting, but needed some serious cleaning up. And I stand by that assessment.

And Gravestone, if you're reading this:

And no, I did not block him in return.

Comment posted by JumpingShinyFrogs deleted Jun 4th, 2017

5974955 My apologies, I wasn't paying attention to which group this was in. I thought this was The Writer's Group. That sucks severely. But I've seen worse.

5974967 The thing that pisses me off the most is that by leaving the comment that called him out (which has since received several of both upvotes and downvotes) he makes it seem like he's learned to accept criticism and become a better person/author in the eyes of his readers, when really he's gotten worse!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4