Society of Unappreciated Talent 234 members · 74 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
PureLogic
Group Contributor

A Little Fixer-Upper
Reviewed by: PureLogic

As you may or may not know, this story was a sequel to the story Quizzical, by the same author, nonetheless. What hooked me, was that I hadn't (still haven't) read Quizzical when I picked this one up, yet I understood it completely. It's positively filled with humor, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders are being their usual 'charming' selves.
So basically, the story is all about the CMC preparing their friend Quizzical Greystone for a test which would allow her to become a student teacher. Naturally, Quiz is nervous, and normally shy around ponies. So, of course, the CMC use a "Musical Movie Montage" (Well, at least I call it that.) to prepare her.
This montage that they use is filled with, what I call, "Movie Humor." Meaning, that JMac, the author, pulled the best cliché's out of the best movie montages. Such as Rocky, Dumbo, and Karate Kid.
So this story made me smile from the start. (Starting off with a smile just tells you that they tried!) I found that it was funny most of the time, and when the time was right, it was also very sweet.
All in all, I give it nine out of ten cupcakes for being well written, funny, and original, with mistakes few and far between.

Alternate Review--

OHMYGOSHILOVEITSOMUCH!!!
:derpytongue2::heart::pinkiecrazy::pinkiehappy::pinkiesmile::rainbowlaugh::raritystarry::raritywink::scootangel::twilightsmile::twistnerd::yay::trollestia::eeyup: (Betcha didn't know that this was an option!)

2987663 Such praise!!! Thank you, I'm very pleased you enjoyed my story, and particularly pleased that it work so well for you without reading any of the prequels (I've had complaints that the story doesn't stand alone).

Again, thank you very much.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2