The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,288 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 51 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 51
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Know Your Commentator

All commentators, please give a short bio on who you are.

If you are not a commentator, please do not comment on this thread. Violations will be handled with corrective action.

Comment posted by MDNGHTRDHTLN deleted Feb 13th, 2015
Tidal
Group Admin

Hey everypony what's going on! My name is Christian aka Tidal! I'm 5 years out of high school, and I work at Apple. My favorite pony is Pinkie Pie and I like to have as much fun and make as many people laugh just like she does, that being said I'm incredibly silly. Commentator Night Spark is my best friend.

I know when it's time to get serious however, and I try to be supportive and fair in my reviews (sad stories) I love writing adventure stories, listening to basically all types of music and am training to be an actor! I'm really excited to be in the fandom, I'm really easy to get along with. If you ever wanna get ahold of me my Xbox gt is OnyxReclaimed, and my Skype name is perez-a-thon or just PM me on here!
Never Stop Smiling.

Whelp name's Chance,

I'll 19 on Feb 28, I have a GED that I got almost 3 years ago, my favorite pony technically is the Maniac Taking all my favorite villains and melding them all into one, of course she's in the top five which strangely only has 2 ponies in it. I'm a bit slow to review, but if I like what i see, you'll hear about it.

My guilty pleasures are B-horror-movies, and I cry every time i watch Frankenstein.

My motto is "I don't mind being shown the destination, as long as I can enjoy the ride."

I'm websterhamster, aka Caranthir Turambar, Sahqo Staaliik, and Ryan Porter. I play three instruments and am a classically trained baritone. I'm working with Tartarus Productions as a musician and will be recommencing my radio show, The Evening Breeze, when I get my new computer built.

When I'm not reading, playing, or watching Netflix, I might be found gardening, writing my MLP fanfic, lurking on forums, or working. My two dayjobs are teaching piano and working at a local retail store.

For a considerably more detailed bio, see my profile page. If you would like to get to know me better, comment on my profile page or send me a PM.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

I am Cromegas_Flare, or Mr. Flare. I love to read stories and help people progress in their work. I am always looking after this group and making sure everything runs smoothly. I'm also a Commentator for the Dark folder, simply because I know dark and the realms in which it dwells. (Realms, as in many.) I play music, make videos, work all hours. If one where to have questions, they can either go to me, or to the Q/A thread. If you ever want to chat, let me know. My Steam is Cromegas_Flare.

Mr. Flare

Biker_Dash
Group Admin

2746431 Welp... since you started this shit....

The name is Justin, and I watch, read, write, buy, play with, molest ponies.
When not traumatizing the lives of ponies, I am usually gaming, or riding my motorcycle.
I'm older than dirt. Seriously, I was around when Christ was a cowboy.
I served in the Marine Corps, and got out a Corporal.
Been a firefighter, managed a Wendy's, was head cook in a seafood restaurant, and have done road construction. (just a partial list)
I can drink Berry Punch and Rainbow Dash under the table.
Some people have twisted imaginations. My mind has multiple compound fractures, stab wounds, and overdosed on angel dust.
Luna is Best Princess.
Twilight is my wife. (HOOVES OFF!!!)
I speak one language.
I cuss in multiple languages.
I made Chuck Norris cry.
I then made him cry some more.
I have one rule: You do not talk about /B_D/
Rule two: You do NOT talk about /B_D/
Rainbow Dash wants to cum inside me.

(enough about me for now... maybe I should do a review again...)

Alright-y. I'm Drawdex. Just hit 22, my birthday being 2 of 2 of 92.:yay: I draw, read, and logic. Logic being it's my certified goal to get as much knowledge as I can, no matter what it is, Fighting arts, cooking, you name it. It's to be able to become independent of anyone if the needed be. I'm paranoid like that.

I am a HIE junkie since at one point I read all the stories in this site had of HIE's, which was in the times I had the glorious term of free time. I am also in the ‘Good HIE list’ as a main admin that enters stories. So I thought that if I found a story that is that good of HIE’s here, I could maybe suggest it in the other group. Or since I have the power and I will have to make a review of it, dirrectly place it.

My excel is on electronics, studying the magical things that are waves and at the same time particles. Have a cookie if you get what I mean.:raritywink: I have a critic sense and mind, this being that I suck at commentary, I just have no idea what to say, so I don't think anyone will find me doing one of those.

But when reading stories, whichever it is, I will have to take my time. Since I have a mental issue that stumbles my memory. So don't feel bad if at some point we meet and later I don't know who you are.:twilightsheepish:

Rinnaul
Group Admin

I'm Rinnaul online and in LARPs and Chris everywhere else. I'm a gamer, whether it be video games (but you can keep that Call of Duty crap to yourself), RPGs, live-action gaming, or board games and CCGs. I'm likely one of the harshest reviewers in the group, but that's only because I believe anyone can meet or exceed the standards I'm holding them to. I post critiques on pretty much any fic I read, the only difference here is I make them even longer, and I'm always willing to proofread and edit for stories that need a bit of work (time allowing - I have an infant son and am seeking a new job, so things can get busy).

I mostly read Comedy, Dark, and Romance because I am fond of lulz, and I also want stories that make me feel, but the "feels" promised by Sadfics never seem to reach me. I review Dark because I see too many weak stories in the genre, and I want to push it in a better direction (I'm aiming it towards The Descendant and Eakin, btw), and also because there is nothing extreme enough to make me quit a story. No gore, rape, fetish, or other sort of shockfic (or clop, for that matter) is too much for me. Only two authors have come close, and those were somebadauthor and headless_rainbow.

Best pony is Twilight Sparkle, and I already married her, sorry Biker_Dash.

(No, really - my real-life spouse is a sarcastic academic with anxiety issues, who once tried to argue, in all seriousness, "If it's in a book, it is true". Sometimes my Twilight dialogue is just quoting her.)

Second-best pony is a tie between Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.

Heyo! I am Avox pretty much everywhere online, but my actual name is a secret. I review for the adventure tragedy folder. What else can I say...

—I'm in high school.
—I run a lot.
—I play the clarinet, saxophone, piano, and guitar (can't sing for the life of me, though).
—I am a soon-to-be eagle scout (just gotta finish up that pesky project).
—Carrot Top is best pony.
Lightning Dust Roseluck is a close second.
—Cotton Cloudy is an even closer third.
—I enjoy reading any and all types of pony stories, although Dark, Adventure, Romance, and Sad are my personal faves. :moustache:

Random stuff about the person controlling the body under the alias of tut895

I like rainbows
I like dashing
I dislike Rainbow Dash
I drink maple syrup because of the show flapjack
I write for myself, but don't mind helping others
I like clubbing
I like spikes
I like clubbing Spike
I enjoy Eminem
Imagine Dragons is best band
If, and when, given permission, I will sneeze on everybody's ass cheeks

Hey guys, LevelHeadedBrony here. I'm a sophomore in high school currently involved in orchestra, Latin, and quiz bowl. Even though i just got into the fandom recently, i already support it and consider myself to be a brony. I'm very meticulous with character motivation and realism when i'm reviewing, and I always enjoy a good mystery novel (Agatha Christie).

My humble opinions:
-I identify more with Twilight because of my introvertedness, but I like Rainbow Dash better.
-I dislike most of the music (except the Discord Song in Three's a Crowd)
- My OC, Level Headed, is a tech guru/ gamer, and is staring in my fic, which i hope to post here once i get around to writing more.

um...

I currently review Comedy, but I also like Adventure and Slice of Life.

MY NAME IS NIGHT SPARK.
-Tidal got me into MLP(He is a bitch)
-I sing/act/photoshop/make games/3dmodeling and texturing/bunch of other stuff.
-I am a sophomore in college and am majoring in Arts and Technology. Pretty much game design and animation with some sound design and photography.
-My favorite pony is Derpy. I love muffins and she loves muffins. I like her because for starters she is adorable but she also has so much potential for good fic. I know this is true for many back ground ponies but I like Derpy. Those who want her gone from the show have my permission to fall down a shaft in the Death Star and die.
-My favorite music is movie and video game soundtracks. If I know the mood I am going for I play music that gives me those feels.
-My favorite genre is Science fiction. I love it. I love space and all of it beauty and mystery. I Love Star Wars, Mass Effect, Halo, Tron, Firefly, Terminator, and so much more.
-When it somes to comic books I am mainly a DC guy.....few Marvel stuff
-I love stories that give me epic sad feels. I am talking about those feels you get when your favorite character dies or when you find out the someone close was betraying you the whole time. Best feels are the ones where a character you love either goes through something terrible for someone they love or dies for them. I know these scenarios are not always original but to me it is how they are executed that matters.
-I post memes....a lot of memes......so yeahhhhhhhhh:pinkiecrazy:
-I don't care for clop. I don't mind well done romance and in fact I enjoy good romance. Ship it and ship it well. But clop? No. Always and forever no.:ajbemused:
-Some quotes I like: "wise men learn more from fools,than fools learn from wise men." "At the end of the game the king and the pawn go in the same box....."
-I am an all around regulator so I will jump genres and enjoy everything....but clop:ajbemused:

Alright, let's get down to business! To defeat the Huns. Er, uh, to introduce myself, yeah, that's what I meant.

Anyways, I'm Jagreen (which is a play on my actual name). I'm a college freshman and boy do I sure love me some ponies. I'm a commentator in the good ol' tragedy folder, a genre that I personally find to be overlooked. Best pony is Rarity with Pinkie in a close second (funny that, considering I'm really more like Twilight :twilightblush: ). I spend most of my time reading or playing video games, when I'm not doing schoolwork of course. I have also written some pony-words, for anyone who is interested. Other than that, I'm always trying to match the definition of "Awesome Guy," and I think pizza is a gift from god.

-Jagreen

Sorry I'm late. No I'm not. I regret nothing. Actually that's a lie, I have a lot of regrets, but I won't tell you what they are. You need to earn that privilege, and I'm not going to tell you how. You're going to have to do a bunch of stuff until you complete the assignment. I need the attention. Please try! I need to be loved!
I mean, hello. I'm SweetieBotError (FiMfiction), Sweetie Bot (Steam), EchotheBatPony (Battlelog), or Sam. I'm a sophomore in college, studying Mechanical Engineering. In my past, I've built robots, race cars, and recently I built my first gaming rig. I can read G&M code like a book, and once 3D printed a transformers themed chess set.
In my spare time, I record Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty Ghosts gameplay and use them to make my reviews. I review the fics I read on my YouTube channel over the footage to 1) show people that you don't have two choose between the two games, and 2) give you a more exciting medium to get the info. I like to think I'm an above average player, but my games always, always, always, always get ruined by god damn IEDs, Bulldog spam, lag comp, Patrol Boats, RGOs, and ACE 23s. FUCK THAT SHIT.
I also shoot skeet with a Remington 870 12G and 11-87 20G. I don't get to do it very often, but it my outdoor activity, along with mountain biking in the summer. I hope to one day work for Beretta USA, since it's close to home, and hopefully die young. Violently and quickly if possible. I wanted to do Navy EOD and get blown up, but since that can't happen, I'll need to think of something else. BASE jumping, hmmm…
My FiMfic interests revolve mostly around Thestrals. Bat ponies to the common folk. I'm currently working on a history text describing their origin and very ancient history. I prefer to read adventure stories, and think clop should be banished to its own dark corner of the internet, where it can only be seen by those that created the monstrosities.
Anyways, look for me on CoD and Battlefield, and sub to my channel for FiMfic reviews. See y'all around.
Oh I almost forgot. PINKIE PIE RULES, RD DROOLS! WOOOOOOOO!

Comment posted by All of the Above deleted Feb 25th, 2014
2D
2D #17 · Feb 5th, 2014 · · ·

You know who I am?

I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING COLE TRAIN Heya! I'm Vocal Brony, although most people just call me Vocal or Edd. I'm a dude like most other dudes with strong interests in rugby; rowing, gaming, art, music and literature. This doesn't mean I'm some elitist snob or upper class rowing boy/daddy's protege; in fact I'm probably the poorest, most laid back and understanding lad around when it comes to real life. I am an avid reader, a strong player of RPG, FPS and arcade games... and I even go airsofting, too. (Military LARP'n with BB guns and... pain, lots of pain...)

This all changes when you give me something to read.

Suddenly, I hate you, because you haven't used a semi-colon correctly and therefore dishonoured your family. Your work is terrible because it involves the smallest of tropes or cliches, and frankly, you're an utter tryhard. 360grammarnazi24/7alldayeveryday - get on my level, textual scrub. Not only will I commit genocide on your fanfiction, but I'll even mock some things and mick-take your hard earned pride. You see everything you love about that story? Yeah, half of it makes me want to strangle you.

In a nutshell; I'm Vocal, the kind and considerate guy who loves to shout about why you suck :heart:

I'm truly the best person to review {Tragedy}~

Greetings all! I'm the Azure_Shadow! I'm a junior in high school who's in literary club. I just joined the fandom a few months ago (the fandom is the whole reason I'm here) and I love writing adventure stories! I've got my main project, "The Amazing Adventures of the Great and Powerful Trixie" which is a blast writing. I love classic nintendo games, new nintendo games, old school rpg's, anime, manga, any kind of rock music, and especially mlp! Best mane 6 is Pinkie, and best non-mane 6 is Trixie! (Cheese Sandwich is a cool guy too)

I'm a new commentator for the sad folder in this group, so I expect you people to send me on a feels trip on a daily basis! So don't let me down!

Hello! I am that one person who only noticed this thread today! (To all the slow people out there, don't worry; I'm one of you!)

Anyway, as a contradictory person, I review the sad folder, but always have a smile on my face! :pinkiehappy: I'm more of a side commentator due to the fact that I rarely get work done, but don't judge me based on my unproductiveness... because, well... you'd be right.

Anyway, I am a dedicated self-trained artist at a ripe age of something in between 13 and 16. Still learning in my fields, I am a visual artist. I also have been playing piano for eight years and have been skiing since I was 5. I highly enjoy skiing; it's basically my outlet to do whatever I want and relish in freedom that I usually don't get.

As a girl, I have no one but my internet friends to have long conversations about Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Nintendo and a bunch of other video games. I'm one with the guys on this terrain. (Get it? Terrain? Like skiing? Right? Hahaha.... Okay, I'll stop now) If I had to choose, my favourite video game would be Twilight Princess (No, not the pony!), and I unfortunately find myself using parantheses way to often to be accepted by the strict, corrupt barriers of today's harsh literary culture and brutal society. (I mean, seriou-) Oh... right.

I'm pretty darn awesome, if I must say so myself, and my favourite pony is Rainbow Dash! :rainbowdetermined2: If you ever need anyone to talk to, remember that my door is always open! Because I have no friends.

Stay classy, America and supporting background characters! :trollestia:
I highly regret that last sentence.

2746431 (No one's going to read this!):yay:

I'm Rotorix!
I (Currently, until someone kills replaces me) review the random folder!
Why random? Because there's no such thing as normality.
I enjoy listening to electronic music, Savant, Infected mushroom, AK9, (You have no idea who I'm talking about) as well as playing classical and contemporary music on my clarinet. :heart:
I wish I could draw, but instead I'm stuck here. Why, god, why? enjoying the wonderful world of literature.
If you add a story to my folder, It better be funny, or I'll find you I'll be sure to give it a read!
Whenever I finally have enough time, that is.

I'm pretty good at grammar, but really only do writing as a hobby, and hope to improve my reviewing skills by doing the least-serious genre I know!

Comment posted by SpitFlame deleted Mar 8th, 2014

Greetings and salutations. DemonBrightSpirit here as a brand new commentator. I haven't actually gotten around to doing a review thanks to a crazy busy schedule, but I hope to get to it very soon. I'll be delving into the Slice of Life folder when I find a spare moment.

Some words about me organized into rational thought—well, I've been a fan of fanfiction since at least the late nineties and writing since 2005. When I'm not reading or writing I enjoy video games and listening to music. I enjoy virtually any music genre that isn't hip-hop, rap, or pop. My favorite genre would be a toss up between big band music and metal. Yes, I'm weird.

The strangest thing about me? I haven't had a single nightmare in over 15 years. Beats the heck out of me how that happened.

I'm a college student majoring in chemistry, because who doesn't love working with deadly chemicals on a daily basis? :pinkiecrazy: Unfortunately, my studies eat up most of my free time.

Now, when it comes down to reading I have to say that I am obscenely strict about grammatical errors. Even small errors tend to break my immersion. I think it is because I don't have an editor. I always have to self edit my stories, so I have gotten into the habit of picking out every little grammatical error. That makes it hard for me to enjoy a story if it is littered with even tiny mistakes.

Although I am in no, way, shape, or form mean, I expect my reviews to be fairly harsh. The idea here is to point out each and every little flaw so that you can improve. I intend to do just that.

:raritywink: is best pony.

Hello, I am Westphalian_Musketeer, or reginald1648 on Skype. I've been a brony for three years now. I enjoy speculative fiction, videogames, history and philosophy. I write myself and have specific tastes in my stories, so sometimes my reviews will likely have tips on helping viewership and understanding audience expectations.

Hello, I'm Asilin.

Let's get this point out of the way: I'm not a brony. Grew up playing with the original ponies and some of the episodes (we didn't really have cable as I recall until mid to late elementary school. We mostly watched tapes.)

What's that mean for writers? One, I honestly enjoy good crossovers, no matter what you're crossing. Do it well, and you have my approval. Two, if you really want to improve your characterizations, I will be your very best friend. I don't have a lot of knowledge with which to supplement your descriptions.

For readers, this means if I say it's a good piece of writing, that's coming from a fairly unbiased source. (Will admit I'm so, so looking forward to the Doctor Who fics in my section *Tennant fangirl squee*)

Other generalities about me: according to my husband, I'm basically Twilight Sparkle, I actually do edit as a job (I tutor), and my username is based off one of my all time favorite book characters (cookies for whoever guesses the reference). She's also my first OC character for a fanfic based off said series. Yes, it's still floating around somewhere. No, I'll probably never finish it (although I do get a giggle over the steady stream of favorites I continue to get over my old fics.)

Interests of mine, since MLP isn't necessarily one of them, include Doctor Who, Firefly, Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (I'll forgive you for not watching the first two, but if you haven't seen this one, load it on Netflix. Now.), fantasy books of all types but I'm more into urban paranormal fantasy like Dresden Files or Jane Yellowrock currently. I'm also big into JRPGs with my favorites being FFIX and FFXII and the entire Kingdom Hearts series (okay, so Chain of Memories and Re:Coded can both go die in a fire, but that's more about gameplay than story). Also, Legend of Zelda owns part of my soul, and if I can have Link from Ocarina of Time, I'd die a happy woman.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me. Back to reviewing.

Hello, whoever is reading this. My name is FlameingToast, and yes the 'e' is intentional. I'm a highschooler who happens to be a brony. I'm a little late to making one of these things, seeing how old the thread is. But, I only became a commentator a few day's ago so...yeah.

I read more than anything else. Really, not just fanfiction but a ton of books. I'm like Twilight, a slightly introverted bookworm. I'll be here to look through that Romance folder and pull out a few stories every now and again. C'mon people, keep sending stories!

Random Facts About Me: I love electronic and rock music, Stephen King is my favorite author, Fluttershy is best pony, I play waaaay too much video games, and I'm an all around strange person.

I'm fairly quiet so you won't hear too much out of me, except in a review because, ya know I'm typing a lot for one of those...

Uh...I don't know what else to say.
FlutterPie FTW!!

Hello my fellow lovers of fake stories about colorful horse I'm Deathpony45 aka Lightning Flicker aka Coleton. I like sad stories cause I like being sad it's like happy for deep people. I like ponies (especially rainbow colored ones that are speedy in nature) I'm 16 and happily wed to aforementioned rainbow pony....DONT JUDGE ME ITS TRUE LOVE. I love heavy music as well as emo and punk stuff primary examples Avenged Sevenfold, BREAKIG Benjamin and My Chemical Romance. I'm super new to reviewing an don't have lots of free time so I might take awhile. Uh also I play guitar piano and football up and coming writer and musician booyah if you don't like me that is a sin.....REPENT MOTHERFUCKER!

Comment posted by Ravencrofte deleted Apr 14th, 2014

If you are not a commentator, please do not comment on this thread. Violations will be handled with corrective action.

This is literally in the first post:applejackunsure:

Hello, I am darkone4587 or Unknown (on youtube and twiiter), I am a massive nerd, who pretty much lives on the internet. I'm a witter myself hoping to get noticed and get some feed back of my own and I have no problem giving people the feed back some people desperately needed. I work over in the clop folder, and I demand better clop fics.

2746431 Hello. I'm Smaug the golden, newest commentator and comedy enthusiast. I write and read for my enjoyment and hopefully that of others. I like to help others, and am surprisingly optimistic. My favorite series ever is Wheel of Time, followed by Lord of the Rings, and then Harry Potter. I read a lot, and enjoy a good laugh.

I'm Mathwiz617, your newest crossover commentator. I've been reading pony fanfics for about two and a half years now, and writing my own for two or so of those years. I put a lot of thought into everything I post, and am happy to give a bit of help, or more, to struggling writers. That being said, I will not fail to recognize excellent writing, and reward it accordingly.

Good luck, everyone, and have fun with your stories!

I'm Chrome, not to be confused with Crome. :rainbowwild:

I've actually been around for awhile, but have been away from the site for a while due to university. I'm pretty harsh, but not unfair. Expect to see me more when winter break rolls around.

Hiya! I'm Habanc (although nicknames like "Hab" or "Habutt" are totally fine) and I finally got around to writing one of these doohickies.

So, I'm assuming y'all love colorful small horse story, because I love colorful small horse story too! See, we have so much in common already. I'm in college at the moment studying sound design (and its cousins in mixing, editing, and engineering) for film/animation/video games. Basically whatever pays me to make cool sounds for a living.

But on the side, my one true love, my sleeping beauty, the only OTP I'll ever insert myself with, is writing. Since age ten I got the bug and ever since I can't stop. Well, I can, but that's when life gets busy or I run out of caffeine. Oh, I'm addicted to tea, by the way. It controls my life and I am nothing but its powerless slave.

Anyway, I like pretty much anything. With the exception of HiEs and poorly-done crossovers, I'll enjoy just about anything – and I still read the ones I don't like. That doesn't mean I hand out golden stars to every fic I come across (Hardly at all, really), but I love to give constructive advice and will do as much as I can to give helpful feedback wherever I can. I write a lot too, and I know a good response saying "Hey, maybe here you could do x, y, and z, because reasons a, b, and c" is worth a thousand comments of "I like this!" In particular I feel I'm best at the smaller and middle orders of writing – stuff such as grammar, diction, style, along with pacing and narrative choices (dialogue v.s. action, showing v.s. telling, etc). I won't go as in-depth on the big stuff, whole story- and character-arcs, as that's something I'm personally still working on, but nevertheless if I do notice something I will of course point it out. If, in a review, there's something you don't quite understand or would like me to explain more upon, feel free to ask. I don't bite!

I think that's it. Maybe. If you have questions or anything, please feel free to PM me. I'm here to help you get better and if there's anyway I can do that in places other than story reviews, please don't hesitate to ask. I might be busy with sound-y things or school, but I'll get back to you within in a couple of days.

Bye, friends!

Hello folks, I am Soge, the new commentator.

Outside fimfiction, I am a Software Developer from Brazil. I can talk your ear off about Movies, TV, or Anime, but I am not that passionate about those. I do love Games, and I go by Soge in all online ones I play. More than that I love books of all types, from Classic Literature to Genre Fiction, besides fanfiction of course. And most of all I am an avid fan of music, mostly metal in all its incarnations, but also quite a bit of Classical, Jazz, and Musicals. Some of my favourite bands and composers are Orphaned Land, Opeth, Emperor, Symphony X, Rhapsody, Antonin Dvorák, and Devin Townsend, besides some Fandom musicians like ReverBrony, Your Enigma, and Tarby. In fact, whatever I am reviewing, expect blast beats and/or orchestration to have been involved somewhere in the process.

Here on the site I mostly blog and do reviews. I have reviewed quite a few already (here is a nifty list with most of them), and hopefully many more will still come. I also write occasionally, even if I don't really consider myself a very good writer – But it is certainly fun.

I am open to all genres, but I am very picky about Shipfics. If you gonna have two ponies kiss, I expect you to earn that! Also, I have a special weakness for weird, unique, well executed stories, so if you can make me say "that is so different and original!" you are sure to see some glowing praise.

Anyway, expect to see stuff from me soon!

4094802 Awesome that you are part of this outfit now. You're personal reviews are always well explained and informative.

Plus, as someone who grew up on thrash metal, I approve of your metal leanings.

I don't always tell other people about myself, but when I do, I tell them:
I am Ponymeat,
College graduate,
Aspiring film maker,
Writing an ongoing story about a zombie infestation of Equestria inspired by The Walking Dead
Just as surprised as you are that I became a viewer of Friendship is Magic
I'm not expecting to meet anyone on the site and form a meaningful relationship, but stranger things have happened.

Well, I guess I ought to throw my two pence in here.

On one hand, I am your archetypal overweight unemployed neckbeard who spends far too much time at his computer. On the other hand, I like little so much as leaping about like a loon on the badminton court (soon to be squash, too), having deep philosophical discussions about anything and everything, and challenging my friends to be more today than they were yesterday.

I am Inquisitor M, or less conventionally, Scott.

Long time RPGer (actual RPGs, not bloody computer games), CCGer (and a successful one, at that), and one-time technophile (PCs were more fun when you had set jumpers and configure DOS manually), I fell into chronic depression over a decade ago and then fell into the writing when a friend got me to watch MLP. I am no longer a fan of the show, but the last three years of learning to write were quite the expedition, and I enjoy imparting the gift of my (always opinionated) wisdom onto those who are still finding their way.

I'm not writing these days and I have plenty of spare time, so expect to see plenty of input from me.

Hi, I'm Violent! I enjoy writing stories once and a while and playing video games.

I was born and raised in Florida and am a floridian at core.
I like to draw at my spare time, but I'm not very good.

So thats a tidbit about myself.

I've been watching MLP since around maybe 2009 I believe, can't quite remember when MLP G4 started.

I was there when Equestria Daily was formed and when The Movie Brony used to do the pony compilation every month.

Ah good times, but not to say these aren't any better. Just a bit slower honestly.

But, what can you do. Things slow down and people move on.

Either way, I'm here to do reviews and do them well! I hope we all have a grand ol time.

NorrisThePony
Group Contributor

DISLIKES: Niceness, happiness

Hey, what's up? I'm (usually) NorrisThePony, and I'm pleased to meet you!

I'm a little more of a writer than a reviewer, but I do enjoy both very much.

I've been a brony since late 2012—back when it was hip and rad—but have only started frequenting this site about 18 months ago. I firmly believe that Celestia, Luna, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie are best ponies, but honestly I enjoy practically everyone. My favourite genres are Horror, Adventure, Drama, and Mystery, but really I like everything so long as it ain't Conversion Bureau or Displaced.

Lucky Seven
Group Contributor

Sup, the name's Seven, but you guys can call me Andrew if you want. I've been writing stories on this site for a little over 3 years now, and I like to think my stuff (at least the serious stories) is pretty darn good. My favorite genres to write are definitely Comedy and Romance, but I've been dabbling a bit in Adventure lately.

Outside of the site, I absolutely love American football, and am a huge film and music buff. Dream Theater's my current favorite group, but it changes pretty frequently. Video games are also a pretty big part of my life. Xbox for life!

The only stuff I don't really like are Conversion Burrito and Displaced fanfics.

Majin Syeekoh

4938230 I'll converse your burrito:heart:

Twi-Fi
Group Contributor

Hello, new commentator here, so I guess I should do this introduction thingy...

I'm Twi-Fi. I'm a network administrator in the US Navy, living overseas.

I got into ponies late 2013, and to this day I regret not falling in love with a show about talking horses sooner. I've enjoyed every moment of this fandom, and I've met some pretty cool people. Before I discovered Fimfiction or EqD, I was an avid reader of fantasy, and I'm really into film too.

The best kinds of stories are the ones that defy all of my expectations and suck me into the narrative. I also (guiltily) enjoy a certain level of stupid. Not necessarily bad as much as totally off the walls bonkers. But seriously, I genuinely like all types of stories rather it being a sappy romance, a captivating adventure, a crazy comedy, or an unsettling dark tale... if it leaves a lasting impression, I'll probably love it.

Outside of this site, besides doing IT stuff, I love to ride horses and travel. And maybe one day, I'll get into writing original fiction... who knows.

I just realized that I've been a part of this group's staff for nearly two years now, and I never got around to making a post in this thread. Whoops! Let's remedy that.

Howdy, everyone! I'm Jack, and yes, the first name of my username is my actual first name. Makes things easier because everyone online just calls me by name, and I still get the perks of anonymity. Ain't I a smart cookie?

So, a little about me. I'm a very excitable nerd from the great state of Oklahoma, and as the stereotype dictates, I actually do go storm chasing. Moreover, I'm currently studying meteorology, and as such, any mention of storms will instantly have my attention. I would say that personally, I want to be known as a genuine person who cares about others. I'm big into the blues when it comes to music, and Stevie Ray Vaughan is my idol. I'm a big nerd when it comes to trains, weather, guitars, and of course cartoon horses!

I got into pony back in fall of 2013, right at the height of the fandom's popularity. I started out here because I wanted so badly to make something related to horse, but I didn't have any means or skill to do art or music. And so, I tried my hand at writing, and I've been here ever since! My favorite character is Cheerilee, and if you ask anyone who knows me, they'll probably say I'm a nut about her.

They're exactly right.

So, here's my extremely tardy contribution to this thread. Hope you all like it, and I'll be seeing you around the group!

So, I'm Aeluna. I'm a young woman from the UK with an unhealthy obsession for goats, horses and colourful equines. I spend my time working, writing, editing, reviewing and studying—I don't need a social life.

In terms of reviews, I enjoy taking on fics with a... less than favourable rating. Gives me something more to work with; deciphering why the fic has so much red to green is quite fun, if a little too easy at times. Also, I can let loose on bad fics and full on tear them to shreds.

So, yeah. Is that enough?

Zodiacspear
Group Contributor

Zodiacspear here! A purveyor of original characters and adventure stories. Also a slinger of puns, which I am not ashamed of. Been part of FiM for going on three years now and still a fan of the show. I try to read, write, review, and edit whenever real life releases its grip on me. Still, here to review some stories and will always give an honest opinion.

Also, Trixie is best pony. No arguments.

Mocha Star
Group Contributor

Hello everypone.

My name is Alex, but everyone calls me Mocha. Here, I'm Mocha Star.

I write and read anything and am very honest in my comments, but I do my best to avoid scathing reviews.

MLP saved my life, literally, in 2015, and since it's been in my life, and I've been a part of the community, I've had years of enjoyment.

Any down moments are replaced by thoughts of my pony friends that I've made here and, if needed, I can talk with a few of them when I need to.

Likewise, I'm here if anyone needs me.

I'm not new to reviewing, but this will be my first stint as a professional reviewer.

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions feel free to PM me. I'm willing to share my discord server if you ask.

My name isn't important. The pertinent bit is that I review for Team Heavy and that I post really long comments on other people's works when I'm not reviewing. I've written some stories, mostly clopfiction. You only live once, right?

Anyway, I look forward to reading your clopfic and don't mind whatever ship you come up with. All that matters in the end is the quality of your writing. I promise to do my part and be as constructive as possible when dealing out criticism. There is no story writer on this site that doesn't possess the potential to improve by applying themselves.

Have fun.

Don't take yourself too seriously.

Go ahead and use interrobangs if you want. We're all friends here.

DumbDog

My name Jef

Muggonny
Group Admin

Boi, reviving old threads and old memes? I've got a back to my hand, mind you!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 51