The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,289 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

Official Comment Thread!

Just place any comments you have, like if the group is good for you. If you see something that needs to be addressed. This thread is for questions and comments of any kind relating to the group.

General questions to answerer if you don't know what to say.

1) How is the group treating you and how?

2) Are you satisfied with the group? If not why, and what could we do to fix that?

3) What are you thoughts on this group? ←(Yes, this is more generic then not, but still the most important question.)

~~+~~

EDITED.
Whoops! I put the wrong reply here. My story hasn't been reviewed yet but I'm thinking maybe a few you looked at my story in the folders. 68 views have to come from somewhere. It's a pretty nice group from what I know.

1. I h8 dis grroop, dey mademe read! ND REVIEW! Just kidding. I like to be a reviewer.

2. Sure.

3. This is a review group that I still need to review my last two stories. Those are my thoughts.

Personally, I like the fact that this isnt one of those AVGN ripoff angry review groups. To me, saying that a reviewer is going to be critical of things is somewhat redundant, if something is good, its good, if its not, its not, what is the point.

Other than that, I like the fact that the reviews seem to be laid back and chill for a change.

1. Just dandy. This is easily my favorite group!

2. Quite satisfied. This group is still in a learning process.:twilightsmile:

3. Above statements.:twilightblush:

FamousLastWords
Group Admin

2618574 its fun being a reviewer. :twilightsmile: people actually Care about my opinion now :rainbowlaugh:

2618574 i love this group and i have gotten great and helpful reviews! thanks bunches to the reveiwers!

Tidal
Group Admin

Only reviewed one story and i felt good reading a good story, and being able to give feedback! Since I'm in the sad folder I now have somewhere where i can go to read good stories and cry and people wont make fun of me for it! :pinkiesad2: :rainbowlaugh:

1. It's been a while since I've been this invested in a group and it's fun being a mod
2. No. We should totes become the new TWE :trollestia::trollestia::trollestia:
3. A little less conversation, a little more action.

I think the reviewers here could be more critical, or at least more detailed. Admittedly, I've only read a few reviews, so this may not apply to everyone. I appreciate the intention of having a 'pleasant' or positive approach towards reviewing, but I'm mainly here in the hopes of finding good fics, ones I might have overlooked otherwise. Unfortunately, most of the reviews I've read don't include much information about either the fic being reviewed or its quality. I rarely have any more idea of whether it's a fic I'd be interested in after reading one of your reviews than I did beforehand.

This is a new group, so I expect most of the reviewers here are pretty new to doing reviews, and this is a problem that I imagine most people have when they first start reviewing. It would probably be worth checking out something like One Man's Pony Ramblings to see examples of fanfiction reviews considered to be of a higher quality and that are read by some prominent members of the fanfiction community.

Edit: Reading some more reviews, what I said before was a bit premature. I do still think some reviewers here should try to provide more detailed feedback in their reviews, but as is, many of them are doing an adequate job of it (though they could probably be better).

My problem might be more due to that these reviews are directed more towards the authors of the stories, and less to potential readers. I don't get much of a feel for whether or not these are stories I want to read from most of the reviews. I understand why, but it's something you might want to take note of.

Could we make an image or badge for authors to put on their story after it's been reviewed by us?

Tidal
Group Admin

2619448 That'd be cool!

I'm enjoying this group. So far, two of my stories have been reviewed, and I have enjoyed reading both of them. I like how the reviews take an approach where they show respect for the author and their stories, but still offer some useful feedback. My stories generally receive positive feedback, but not very many detailed comments about why they succeed; I often have to scroll down the "Favorites" list of the stories and ask the users themselves why they enjoyed it. The reviews here give me all of that and more.

While the reviews do sound positive and encouraging, that does not mean that they don't point out flaws, however. But when they spot flaws, they don't say the whole story is *yay*—they actually nudge the author, pointing it out as a possible area for improvement. I am in complete understanding that the reviewers are not obligated to enjoy the stories, but I have still noticed that no matter what problems a story may have, the reviewer could still find something positive to say.

Overall, this group really stands out from the rest. I feel like I can be comfortable with submitting a story here, and not panic over how my critic will react to it. Other groups feature critics who think their opinions are "All that", and their reviews tend to do more shouting at the author and scolding them for even the most minor flaws. They are all expecting perfection. This group takes a grande step away from that, and in my opinion, truly represents the meaning of Brony fan fiction. :heart:

Umm... I have a question. If my story is a Human-Comedy story, which folder should I put it in? I think it's strong in the comedy department but I did not find any human fics(as of now) in that folder.

P.S You should create a question thread so people could ask for assistance. Also, I put my story in the comedy folder for the time being.

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

A question thread? OK I can make that.
Now, when it comes to submitting fics. If you feel that the main subject to the story is Comedy, put it in the comedy folder. We will take care of it from there:twilightsmile:

Tidal
Group Admin

Just thought I'd let anypony that happens to have their story in the sad folder know that their stories will be reviewed soon! My co-reviewer Narwhal has had a lot of school work and I got hit with a lot of hours at my job. To make up for that delay I will try and get 2 stories a day read and reviewed starting tomorrow!

Thanks for being patient with us. I like to read stories at a slower pace so I can give a more thorough review... and I'm going from the bottom of the folder up. If you have any concerns about your story in the sad folder... or maybe feel like we are taking a bit too long PM me or one of the other admins! Again thanks for your patience and I cant wait to read some more good stories :pinkiehappy:

1) Very good. Everyone is super nice here.
2) Yes, I am. Something that could be added is a thread where only reviewers respond too. They talk about themselves, what genre they do and how they do their reviews (if they're picky, harsh, nice, etc). And maybe people, by reading what the reviewer has told, can pick a reviewer and ask them to review a story for them based on what genre that reviewer is doing. I'm sorry, I'm asking too much.:twilightblush:
3) Again, I think this is the best review group on the site and I am proud to be a commentator here.:scootangel:

Tidal
Group Admin

Since it's late at night..

2618574 is this a bad time to ask when I can get my story reviewed, or if it's been reviewed?

Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

PM me, what is your story? Where is it located?

Comment posted by Rinnaul deleted Feb 8th, 2014
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20