Quorum of Canon 17 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Here it is.

La Vallett1 was looking for webisode/semi-canon status.

Also, yay! Forum thread alerts once again!

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Okay, La Vallett1 wants us to maybe actually discuss this fic at some point - which is entirely fair. I have no idea why it's taken us so long to get to it.

I...am not in favor of canon status. For one thing, it's very very short, essentially just a single fight scene. For another thing, it doesn't really include anything that hasn't been touched on or expounded upon elsewhere; instead it essentially just retreads the idea that Corona is afraid that Luna has been corrupted by dark magic.

Unfortunately as of The Return of Tambelon that idea has been dropped, with Corona instead feeling that Luna is misguided. While Fears could be added as a webisode to a Season 1 episode, I'm not really sure which one, and again, it doesn't really add anything to the canon.

It's not bad, though.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

I think I've got more mixed feelings.

As you say, the fic doesn't really "add" anything we don't already know, but I'm not sure that in and of itself is a reason to reject it from canon so long as it doesn't actively conflict with anything. Which as most of the events are a dream isn't much of a problem --HOWEVER-- while still awake Corona comments that she's barely slept at all over the past 1000 years because of such nightmare, whereas I think it was implied in Early Reunion that Corona spent most of her time imprisoned in the sun "sleeping" or at least in some similarly dormant state -- though I suppose in the latter case she might not have actually been dreaming. Regardless, I think that one line should be perhaps be better clarified, if the fic is to be canonized.

Beyond that though, there would still be the question of placement. If we made it a webisode, I think the only viable episode to link it to would Return of Tambelon, as a prelude in the same vein as Count Down to Crisis. However, as it really doesn't reference any specific fic it might be better still to just put it free floating in the S1 tie-ins section.

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

3789433 : I pretty much agree with everything you say here. I vote 'no' on canonization. It's fine as fanfic, though.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Vallett would like us to make a conclusive ruling on this fic.

I do still stand by what I previously said about the line about not sleeping in a thousand years needing to be fixed, but otherwise I see nothing wrong with giving this fic Semi-Canon placement in the S1 tie-ins folder. That would make it pre Tambelon and so not conflict with Corona's change of opinion regarding Luna. Even if that's a revelation which Corona was intended to have already been coming to before hand, since the events of this fic are mostly a dream it can still reflect lingering sub-conscious fears.

Anyway, I'll be pinging Fizzy and IAH to try and get there opinions in here as well. One more thing though...

To clarify, when you said you were not in favor of canon status, did that only mean Full or were you rejecting Semi as well?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Semi-canon works.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

3876823 Fix the sleeping comment and I'm all for it being a sort of prelude to Tambelon.

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

Sorry it's taken so long. I've been going back and forth on what to vote for, but I'm going to go with the above suggestion of making it a semi-canon tie-in.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Well, Vallett "fixed" the sleeping comment. I'm not sure I'm any more satisfied with the result. The way he phases it still feels... off... but maybe I'm just being picky. Anyway...

3800212 3876823 3890567
So as things stand would that be 4 votes for Semi-Canon and 1 vote for Non-Canon. Shall we call it at that, or does anyone else feel the need to discus anything further?

If not then I'd like to be able to give Vallett the good news in short order, as he's been waiting on this decision long enough now.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

I don't have anything else to say on the matter.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10