The Idea Bronies 37 members · 61 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Here's an idea I've been having for a while but i don't know if its any good. Has anyone played the game Street Fighter X Tekken. It's a pretty fun fighting arcade game between two well known and iconic games.

And in the game, it's Street Fighter characters vs Tekken characters and its all tag team fights so all the fighters will have partners and stuff; and they all basically fight different teams to find this thing called "Pandora", which kind of has this unpredictable power that all the fighters want to unlock for their own purposes. And each duo you choose has a different ending. Here's what i thought:

I was thinking i could do something like a MLP X OC type of fic. Where the MLP cast teams up with different partners, Like team Applejack & Rainbow Dash for example. And I could post a thread asking people for their OC's to put in the fic to fight as well and all have different stories, rivals, and endings. And they all search and fight for something that's similar to Pandora. So basically, MLP characters vs OC's in the form of a story/ fighting game story.

Opinions? (please don't post any OC's just yet, this is just an idea).

3013830 Basically twilight find out there's this thing that's similar to Pandora (Or maybe i should just call it Pandora idk). And she finds out that the power within Pandora has some kind of magical power. So she sets out, with her partner being Spike, and tries to locate the "Pandora" object and wishes to unlock what's inside.

But then, other MLP characters find out about the "Pandora" and wish to find it and unlock it for themselves. And it's not just following Twilight and Spikes story. It could also follow AJ and Rainbow Dash's, Rarity and Fluttershy's, etc. Just like the game.

And there will be teams of OC's who are also in pursuit of the object, and each character has their own purpose as to why they are seeking it out. And, just like the game, there will be a lot of adventure and fighting. I think I've already decided what the MLP character teams should be. Does this still interest you? Any thoughts? Would you like to see the MLP teams I've decided.

Never actually played that game, but I'm a fighting game player.

Sounds like an interesting idea overall though. Draw out the drama somehow if you can, that's all I can say to help you so far.

3014333 You should play it, its a lot of fun.
I'll see what i can do, if i can pull it off.
Want to see some of the teams I've decided?

3014597 Ok, here's some of the fighting duo's I thought would match or work.
Twilight and Spike
Rainbow Dash and Applejack
Rarity and Fluttershy
Pinkie Pie and Zecora
Trixie and Gilda
Celestia and Luna
Cadence and Shining Armor
Applebloom and Babs Seed
Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo
Vinyl and Octavia
Doctor Whooves and Derpy
Bon Bon and Lyra
Chrysalis and Discord (pre-bosses)
Sombra (Final boss)

Opinions? Am i missing anyone?

I see you went for familiarity with the teams. Except Pinkie Pie and Zecora, that one was random as hell. I like it.

Whatever you want to do with the teams is fine. I personally would've made it completely random, aside from the final boss of course.

3014771 Well Twilight already had a partner she could work with, and I wanted almost every MLP character to get involved, and Pinkie and Zecora were the only ones left. Plus, Pinkie is pretty random herself so i guess it would make sense how she's randomly partnered with Zecora. So yeah.

I don't know when I'll start this fic or when I'll ask for OC's but I'll try to make it work somehow.

One thing that might help that I just thought of. Think of it like WWF, not like the actual fighting game. That should help you on the drama part.

3014878 I'm not of aware of WWF, but I'll check it out and see what i can do. Although the Street Fighter X Tekken game doesn't having legit drama in it, it's more like just a fun game to play with friends and that's mostly it. But, I'll see what i can do for the drama parts.

Huh? You never watched the different wrestling shows? Or maybe I'm getting too old and they don't come on anymore... :twilightoops:

3015132 I certainly don't see them on TV. I'm more of a UFC kind of guy. But yeah, I'll look into the drama, although I'm not very good at writing it out onto a story.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15