The Idea Bronies 37 members · 61 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Have Button Mash and Sweetie Belle be Link and Zelda respectively in the plot of Spirit Tracks. It's a good pair, and the story of Spirit Tracks makes sense for a dynamic action duo, especially since it was the game that exhibited the most out of the Link/Zelda relationship (before Skyward Sword) while they looked around the same age as Button Mash and Sweetie Belle. It would be dynamic read filled with feels, adorable moments, dynamic action, and genre-savvy from Button Mash. Also, it's filled with trains, tons and tons of trains so Promontory can be Mash's coach from the beginning. I would write it, but I don't think I am the author for the job. So, how well can this idea work? Am I insane for choosing Spirit Tracks to base this idea on?

2526989 I have no idea what Spirit Tracks are, so I can't help any. Sorry.

Wouldn't blame you, since everyone practically ignored it like almost every other Zelda handheld game. The thing of note is that the events of this particular game take place a century after The Wind Waker, where trains become commonplace travel.

Alright first off man use the way cooler European cover art

Secondly I'd read it. Maybe propose the idea to the Zelda Crossover group then you know you'll get it to Zelda fans. Finally Spirit Tracks was awesome but I'm also biased because I'm a huge Traineac.

Will do. I'm a Zelda fan myself, and I feel that Spirit Tracks is rather unloved.

I think that's mostly from all those people who were like, "trains don't belong in Zelda. Only Telephones (awakening), robots (Skyward Sword), and Random futuristic objects (hookshot, that top thing from Twilight Princess, and much more)," but had no problem with a Steamboat in Phantom Hourglass. And that's funny because the Steamboat was made AFTER THE STEAM TRAIN! If you're gunna criticize tech get your history right.

I don't think it's anachronism stew, but rather because of they didn't like the thought of a linear overworld in a Zelda game. However, I find it to be much better than Phantom Hourglass, which was in my top 5 favorite Zelda games, because it took the control scheme of the game (Honestly, my favorite control scheme in the entire series) and went with it, fixed up some parts that needed to be fixed and made it original. Button Mash for the role of Spirit Tracks Link feels very natural, and not forced in any way.

No because most Zelda games were incredibly liner. I mean you could sequence break but in the end there was always a way you were supposed to do it. What's more I never once heard anyone complain about that. Any time I hear negativity about Spirit Tracks it's because they don't like the trains. But I also don't go out of my way to find people being negative so I haven't heard everyone's reason for the negativity. Again I enjoyed it.

Makes sense. The train thing could be a joke, so I'm not sure why people wouldn't want to play the game. After all, it did introduce my favorite Zelda item (the Sand Wand).

There's no reason to hate on a great game just because of changes (Devil May Cry fans I'm looking at you :ajbemused:).

Fans can never be pleased. Heck, it makes me doubt Skyward Sword's flaws because everyone was split between 'They changed it so it sucks' or 'It's the same so it sucks.' Spirit Tracks was more of an apathetic situation rather than a black sheep situation (That honor goes to the Zelda CD-i titles).

That's why I quit listening to reviews. It was always, "Pokémon X is to much like Pokémon (despite all the changes)," just so that next week they can talk about how great the new CoD is. How it changed the industry despite the fact that they bought it last year and at least Pokémon tried. No really Xplay giving Skyward Sword a 4 out of five despite not noting any real flaws then next week giving some random shooter a 5 out of 5 despite various problems is what put me off reviews. They don't care about the game they play it for five minutes, look at the check, and base their review off that instead of the games quality. It's a corrupt industry. Also it's actually Zelda II that is the Black Sheep title. The CDi games are never to be mentioned again. You imagined them or something because they don't exist. (now I wish there was a liar jack emoticon)

Despite Zelda II being enjoyable to play, I'm going to have to agree with you. And, Nintendo cut those three games out of the timeline and feign ignorance of its existence. Too bad ytp is a thing.

As for the reviews, they are ridiculously biased. I mean, look at how X-Play reacted to when Skyward Sword won the viewer's GOTY in 2011.

I never said it wasn't it's just different (I have it on the 3DS from the Ambassador Program). In fact I direct you to the AVGN Video of it (don't worry he doesn't let in to it)

he explains about how he's surprised that it's suggested so often because he enjoys it. I think that as we've matured we've grown to appreciate the difference's but in the end I'm glad most aren't like it. Remember though this was during a time when a sequel wasn't guaranteed and if you got one you needed to make the best of it. That's why they just released Doki Doki Panic with Mario on it as Mario two in America. So I commend them for trying something out of the norm but in the end they made a good move by leaving the side scrolling to Mario and having Link be a dungeon crawler again.

Also how'd they react? I'd quit watching them by then.

I do enjoy some variation, but in the end, it just proved that Zelda wasn't really about sidescrolling RPG action. It led to many headaches and cheap deaths.

That doesn't tell me how X-play reacted to fans having more brain cells (and less cash riding on what game's are well received) then them.

Well, X-Play is (thankfully) dead now, so they're irrelevant. But if you want to know, Adam Sessler complained about Skyward Sword being the viewers' GOTY on X-Play, which is not professional by any means. One has to retain professionalism like Ms. Harshwhinny or else you're fired from life.

I know X-play's dead G4 will probably die soon also (and I'm glad they haven't had anything to watch since they canceled Web Soup and who ends a show like Code Monkeys after just two seasons?) but that still doesn't excuse them for any past mistakes. I'll just look it up because I want to know why to be angry at the man. I mean we're all free to our opinions and you shouldn't complain about your audiences choices just because the people who made the game didn't write you the biggest check.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18