The Idea Bronies 37 members · 61 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I've had an idea for an Ed, Edd, n' Eddy crossover with MLP for a little while now have a desire to make it happen. But I have several ideas for how to execute and have no idea what would be best and not rip off another persons story in the process. This may take a little long, so I'm sorry if this takes to long. I'll list the possibilities below:

1. The Eds are aged up, about the same age as the girls in the show. They work for a place called Dex Labs (which will not be the only reference to Fusion Fall) and dedicate themselves to their work thanks to an accident that leaves them with only each other to rely on. They open a portal to Equestria (no surprise) when working on a project, when season 1 begins. They will spend the next seasons trying to find a way home, along with twists later that involving the accident mentioned above. They will deal with the problems of the ponies and live among them, dealing with whatever the Elements give them. The added problem? Instead of ponies, they turn into dragons instead. It would explore the Eds friendship that they already have and the friendships they will build while they deal with the stages of grief. My problems with lie in the fact that it would make some of the episodes points moot (for example, the Dragon Migration episode.)
2. This is basically the same concept above, but changes one major detail. The Eds will be ponies, but Double D will be an alicorn and hides it from everyone (at least till the Season 2 finale.) Again, this might make some of the episodes points seem shallow, plus with the added downside that I the tension around may get stale after one seasons worth of chapters, or wouldn't be worth the reveal later on.
3. This one isn't like the other two. In this version, Discord has to find a way to improve his image so Equestria won't decide to pass an act/law/ordinance that would put him into stone again, regardless of being reformed. So, he decides to congregate form a group like the Elements of Harmony that would be able to defeat him in case he went rogue again. They would represent Discord in certain situations and give the nation a back-up solution if the Elements happen to fail, which would help appease everyone. He chooses the Eds, mostly due to their ability to cause chaos, along with the fact that they are the near polar opposite to the Mane Six. This would explore Equestrias politics, the similarities and differences between Eds and Mane Six, Discords reformation, but mostly on how the Eds would misuse/mess-up with their new powers. Eds will be aged up here too.
4. Again, completely different idea. Only similarities in this is that the Eds are aged up. This is an AU where everyone is humanized and Equestria is a country on our world, located in the Pacific Ocean. Discord and Celestia have been carrying a dark secret between them for a long time, something they've been recently discussing for the first time in a long time; They have son. Discord and Celestia, before he turned evil, where a couple that had a baby out of wedlock that sort-of drove them apart. Celestia wanted to send him far away so she wouldn't be ostracized by her family, while Discord wanted to keep the boy and raise him so he would have a better life than he did. This is the reason why he turned evil. Before he attacked Equestria, he sealed his son away and sent him off to the lands that would one day become America, so he could protect him and find him later. Discord is turned into stone, him being the only one who knows where the boy is. Fast forward to when he is reformed. Celestia wants to find the boy and hopefully make-up for the foolishness and neglect she gave him in her youth, while Discord only wants his son back. He finds out his son was found and raised by scientist who found him in the capsule, who thinks all those memories were a dream of some kind. How does this relate to the Eds? Easy, Double D is the same boy. He gets summoned by the Princess and figures out about who he really is. This will explore the past relationship between Celestia and Discord, Double D accepting who his real parents are, possibly forgiving Celestia, whats under his hat, and how the rest of the world will react to the news.
5. This one doesn't feature the aged up Eds. They are the same age as they were in the show. Ed happens to stumble upon some weird rock when Eddy assigns him to find something to power up the TV they're trying in the Van they found in the junkyard. When Ed puts into the generator, they happen to flip on "My Little Pony." You know what happens next. They get sucked in, they're ponies, they have to find a way back, blah blah blah. Except, instead of the Mane Six helping them get back home, the Cutie Mark Crusaders have to help them get home. The girls have to hide the boys existence since they want to see if they can get there Cutie Marks in inter dimensional travel (yay). This will climax into a blossoming friendship (possible romance) between both groups. One things for sure, both groups have a talent for causing absolute destruction in their wake. Celestia help all who get in their way.

The couples for 1-4 would be Twilight x Double D, Rainbow Dash x Eddy, and Pinkie x Ed. Number 5 would be Sweetie x Double D, Scootaloo x Eddy, and Applebloom x Ed.

Feel free to give me your opinions on what I should do.

I think the 5th one's the best idea in all honesty. Just combine the two shows without the aging up or humanization (not that I have anything against the second one but I'm thinking of others and wouldn't want this to get unneeded hate because of it). Just send the Ed's to Equestria and see what happens from there. That's my opinion on the matter anyway.

3070689 I especially like the 5th option, but Ed and Eddy getting ships?

G-man64: Yeah, thought that would be the more popular option.
Chocoloco: :twilightblush:
theultimatebrony: Its just an idea mostly. Ed and Eddy don't really get any other ships other than with each other or with Double D. None that I know of, at least.

Thanks for the feedback, you guys.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5