Bronies For Christ 249 members · 118 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Let us not offer incense and worship to the Virgin Mary, the Saints, nor to the angels, but worship the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who make up the one God. Let Him be the lone object of worship and veneration among us, and none else. Let us cut off our idols, material or otherwise (and let us also beg His assistance in this), that God alone may receive worship. Blessed in the eyes of the Savior is not the woman who bore (though no disrespect is meant to Mary whatsoever in this), but, "Blessed rather are those who hear the Word of God and keep it (Luke 11:28)!" A humble chapel, acts of worship with the most basic faith such as the thief on the cross who begged that Jesus might remember him, that is sincere, is of infinitely greater value than the biggest cathedral or church full of complex but hypocritical and false worship. There are to be no tabernacles built to Moses or Elijah, but rather we are to worship alone "[His] Beloved Son, in whom [He] is well pleased. Listen to Him! (Matthew 17:4)." To God alone be the glory, and none else. Amen.

By none of the previous nor by the words next do we seek to insult men. Nor ought we seek men's praise; there is little doubt that some will be offended. But may God's truth be seen in all things, and may He work through the mistakes of men to His good and ours. Again, amen.

Sigh:facehoof:

Catholics do not worship the Virgin Mary or the saints, or anyone besides the Lord God to whom alone is due adoration and worship.
But let me ask you, if the Archangel Gabriel appeared before you or Moses, or Elijah, would you not bow your head in respect to them? Every figure in the bible did when an angel appeared before them.

If a friend (God) painted for you a masterpiece that exceeded the beauty of all creations in history, would praising the magnificence of that art be worship? Does the praise go to the art? Or rather the one who made the art? Would you ignore the friend's gift and say, "Nope, not even going to look at it because it would be worship and take attention away from you." See how ridiculous that sounds? It would be insulting to the friend who slaved over that gift for you, would it not?

Protestants fail to understand the Role God has given the angels and the saints, particularly the Blessed Virgin.

God gave her the role of being our spiritual mother, not us. He did so because He so loves us, so desires union with the human race, that He directly involves humanity with intimate closeness, in His Work of Salvation. Mary is key in that Work Salvation; No Mary, no Christ. Mary teaches us how to love God as we ought, because no creature God has made has ever loved him more. "Do whatever He tells you." Is her role.

When I wish to learn some skill such as sword fighting or music, would I seek an amateur to teach me, or a master? Mary is the Master Loving God. It is her role to bring humanity closer to her Divine Son. This is the role given her by God Himself, not us. You are greatly misled.

Sigh:facehoof:

Catholics do not worship the Virgin Mary or the saints, or anyone besides the Lord God to whom alone is due adoration and worship.
But let me ask you, if the Archangel Gabriel appeared before you or Moses, or Elijah, would you not bow your head in respect to them? Every figure in the bible did when an angel appeared before them.

If a friend (God) painted for you a masterpiece that exceeded the beauty of all creations in history, would praising the magnificence of that art be worship? Does the praise go to the art? Or rather the one who made the art? Would you ignore the friend's gift and say, "Nope, not even going to look at it because it would be worship and take attention away from you." See how ridiculous that sounds? It would be insulting to the friend who slaved over that gift for you, would it not?

Protestants fail to understand the Role God has given the angels and the saints, particularly the Blessed Virgin.

God gave her the role of being our spiritual mother, not us. He did so because He so loves us, so desires union with the human race, that He directly involves humanity with intimate closeness, in His Work of Salvation. Mary is key in that Work Salvation; No Mary, no Christ. Mary teaches us how to love God as we ought, because no creature God has made has ever loved him more. "Do whatever He tells you." Is her role.

When I wish to learn some skill such as sword fighting or music, would I seek an amateur to teach me, or a master? Mary is the Master Loving God. It is her role to bring humanity closer to her Divine Son. This is the role given her by God Himself, not us. You are greatly misled.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3