Bronies For Christ 249 members · 118 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.

53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.

54 He hath helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;

55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

from https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+1%3A46-55&version=KJV. See here for an ESV version.

The point of the sermon I attended online today was that joy only satisfies when Jesus is magnified. We may find happiness, a temporary emotion, without this, but joy is a condition that transcends emotions and states of life. As the pastor said, joy is not found in tradition, but through tradition. This is true when we magnify Christ through these traditions. When we remember what - no, Who - this season is really about. The joy of Christmas, or anything/time really, isn't found in the gifts or the candy or food and certainly not the materialism; it's found when we magnify Christ through Christmas.

May the Lord Jesus Christ save, watch over, protect and guide you all.

Agreed.
Keep CHRIST in Christmas!!!!!

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

-Numbers 31:17-18
In the interest of being fair and balanced, I think it’s good to look at a variety of verses from the ‘good’ book.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3