Bronies For Christ 249 members · 118 stories
Comments ( 55 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 55

Serious question. I've seen things that make me wonder.

Not quite if you ask me Lyra and Bonbon to me are just good friends

I’m not sure about the franchise itself, but the fandom most definitely. A lot of people have been making these really perverted pictures of a mare kissing a mare.

That's creepy:rainbowderp:

The fanbase most definitely, one look at the featured stories list will tell you that

Honestly, I think the show is trying to toe the center line. Not trying to make a remark one way or the other, knowing that taking either side would alienate people.

I feel like the show itself does not promote homosexuality; Rainbow Dash's mane color is simply a coincidence, and the few scenes of romance have all involved male x female. While some people may feel like Gallus and Sandbar have a relationship, there's no evidence (none I can think of anyway) to support a homosexual bias or even recognition of homosexuality's existence within the episodes of the show itself.

Some parts of the fandom, though I do believe, are promoting it. Not all, by any means, but some. I do get tired of the homosexual content on this website, especially since I oppose it in the first place, but I think it is done to death even for people who are neutral or do support it.

I feel like the show and a considerable amount of the fandom are NOT pushing homosexuality. However, as I said, some of the fandom (not all) is or may be trying.

I gotta ask if this is serious or not because I genuinely cannot tell.

This is why i love mlp so much. Political correctness is non existent here!

ah yes
I was wondering when this group would bring it up

I don't think it's pushing, there only seems to be 2 homosexual couples in the show as a whole (3 if you count Scootaloo's lesbian aunts)

That's a strange way to spell hot.

Would you mind naming those couples?

i...don't get it.:rainbowhuh:

It means I'm a bad girl.

...I'll go sit in the corner now.

They've already been stated in this thread, though you guys all claimed they were "just friends"

I mean, I was under the impression that it was.

I'm pretty sure it's just the fandom

>get's dislikes on my comments

ah yes
because i'm not homophobic like most of the rest of this thread *shrug*

It'd be helpful to define what you mean by "pushing homosexuality". The fandom is in no capacity "pushing homosexuality" in that they're actively attempting to spread pro-LGBTQ+ messages via content. The fact that there's an abundance of lesbian ships in fan fiction and media for the fandom can be traced back to how the show's world has a 1:9 ratio for male to female characters. Then again, that's only if you exclude the plethora of OCs in shipfics.

The idea that the show's pushing homosexuality is kinda laughable tbh.

What do you call the majority of this thread then

And most of that discussion looks homophobic to me

By that do you mean refusing to go along with the world and compromise our faith?

It's not compromising your faith to accept the gays

Christianity is supposed to be based on LOVE
What love is in this thread??

There's a difference between accepting a person and acceortrd a sinful act.

Is it really a sin though? There are numerous sites that re-translate what the Bible says in the original Greek/Hebrew that show this is not the case

Yes it is. I'll take 2000 years of Christian teaching over something a heretical modernist website says any day.

guess
what

I only know of these sites because I'm bi
But you wouldn't even consider that because I'm Christian, would you

I would advise you to consult with an orthodox confessor and not engage in sexual relations with the same sex. Christians are called to holiness and that means avoiding sin.

u know
i've stopped giving a fk abt that

I'll keep you in my prayers

“Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must profane the name of your God. I am the Lord. Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.”

Leviticus 18:21-22

These are verses that I looked up recently to see what the Bible says about the whole thing. While I do know that the Bible is often translated many times, I also know that they each say the same thing. You can’t deny that.

Also, the New Testament backs up what the Old Testament says about homosexuality being a sin. That wasn't done away with.
"Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people--none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God." - 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (italics mine)

"We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me" - 1 Timothy 1:9-11 (italics mine)

Edit: Also, Romans 1:25-27
"They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."

If you've stopped caring about holiness and avoiding sin, then I'd say your faith isn't doing too well. The entire point of Christianity is to deny yourself, take up your cross, and follow Him. Your will takes a backseat to God's will, because He knows better. The verses presented by
and
show that God does not accept homosexuality. Therefore, it is our duty to adhere to the Scriptures.

Also, Love=/=acceptance. You can love someone while still rebuking them for sinful actions. Example: A parent who rebukes and punishes a child for misbehavior still loves the child, and in fact shows that love through discipline. On the other hand, a parent who does not rebuke a child for misbehavior is not being an example of love, but is falling prey to appeasement.

it's not sin to me

maybe fact check what i've said previously

i found something that validates me in being biromantic and Christian

What's your excxuse

First off

it's not sin to me

. Whether or not it's a sin to you is irrelevant. It's God who defines what sin is.

Second, I'm hesitant to believe some modern translation of the Bible that says homosexuality (which has been established to be a sin in both the Old and New Testaments for millennia) is okay. Anyone can make their own translation to twist the Word to fit their specific beliefs. Ever heard of the New World Translation? The Mormons made it. The New World Translation twists the scripture in such a way that it fits their belief about the nature of God (they deny the Trinity, so it depicts Christ as a separate being apart from the Father). Likewise, since people who developed such translations like the ones you mentioned did so with the motivation not to reveal the truth, but to validate their lifestyle, I take such things with less than a grain of salt.

And I take people who are like "Oh we love you, we just want you to turn from your wicked ways :)" with a grain of salt

These are my beliefs as a Christian

Just like how the Catholics and the Protestants have different beliefs, so too have I different ones from you

Let me ask you just one question:

What do you think being a Christian is all about?

Helping people, loving God, respecting people who have differing beliefs/ideals that you might not agree with but can't change their mind

That kind of thing
I do what I can do, but when I can't, I stop pushing

That’s pretty good.

But...I do think you left out one thing:

The most important thing about being a Christian is to worship Jesus, and to remember most of all that He is the Son of God and that He sacrificed Himself by dying on the cross, resurrecting to Heaven, and saving us from sin to give humanity another chance at life.

A

I did forget that part
I was
mostly focused on typing something else out atm tho

So we should just be like "oh I love you so I'm not going to criticize you at all and let you die in your sin"? If telling someone to turn from their wicked ways is hateful, then we should just give up on the world, not spread the gospel at all, and just be content to let everyone go to hell.

And your beliefs are irrelevant if they are in contradiction with the scriptures.

Edit: If I come off as insulting, let me know. I'm not very tactful in some debates. Only reason I'm saying any of this at all is because of concern for your faith.

The Scriptures.

But do they?

Also you're fine, I've become desensitized to religious debates tbh :l

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 55