Original Character Tournaments 61 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

With the Games going along decently enough--a little slow on the view count, sadly, but people are responding, so that's good--I'll throw out this thread to gauge interest for the next one. As well, I'll give a little information that you can familiarize yourself with. Go ahead and start thinking on what you might like to do. Ask me any questions, offer up any ideas.

So I have a framing story in mind to host another OCT death battle competition. It'll be much like the Games, since the point is the actual competition, not the story within them. But won't star Discord. I am, however, still open to other ideas. Even if they're not used now, I'd like to make this something of a regular thing.

Previous players: new players will have priority, but in the event we don't get enough, you can join in if you want (at the least, I want to have plenty of back up spaces this time, if I can). With a new character, mind. Even if you don't get in, I'd like to try the interviews again this time, so you would have priority there.

This will also be a canon tournament. That means canon races, canon abilities, etc., etc. With some leeway. I'll be cleaning things up, probably explaining things a bit better, as well as possibly adding alicorns, but down below I'll put the same link to the character creation guide as before. Expect that link to change to something else, likely with some alterations. You can go ahead and prep a character (I might even do some pre-acceptance, just to speed up the process), but remember you will need to double check it with any updated information.

It will again be 1v1, single elimination battles to the death. Sixteen total characters. Unless, somehow, I get a lot of interest. Feel free to spread the word and invite people here.

Part of me wants to install some skill requirements. Not super harsh, mind, this is still relatively for everyone, but just a certain baseline in regards to grammar and entertainment. For now, I'm not going to, but bring me your best. If you're going to send me a character, capitalize, use punctuation, spell properly. Think about what you're doing and put some effort into it. Rips of other universes or characters are not acceptable--just because you pony something does not make it an OC. Inspiration is one thing, but recognize the limit.

So, I am loosely accepting character applications. Or questions/discussions on them. But when the next OCT will be ran is unknown to me. 'Course, the more interest we get, the sooner it will start.

So, thoughts, questions, concerns?

The Racial Guidelines and Abilities Doc

If we had an Idea for a character how would you like us to get it to you?

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Oh right, I added that bit after you started reading.

Reply here. With the link to your character app doc.

I'll toss my hat in the ring.

Cedar Lumbermane.

One thing I always meant to ask: where is the story, so I can read it?

Says page not available. I can't get it to load.

Ah. This came about sooner than I thought. Looks like I'll have to get myself off my lazy ass sooner to cobble my character sheet together, heh.

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Links work for me. Regardless, it's my story--it's on my profile, dude.

I for one vote against alicorns. So far we haven't seen enough of them canonically to indicate they are in any way common. That, and it gives far too much versatility to a single fighter because they get flight, a modicum of cloud-manipulation, at least basic fundamentals of magic, and whatever special thing about them makes them an alicorn. At least if this is a canon battle.

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Duly noted--as will all comments, for and against, be. So keep 'em coming.

Discussions and thoughts still ongoing. Maybe I should create an OCT group Skype chat... Hrm.

Feel free to let me know if what I have submitted so far isn't meeting your expectations. I would rather know sooner than later.

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Replies will come as I get there. Remember, this is somewhat low priority at the moment. Though if I start getting more entries, that'll change.

But I'll probably take a look at it a little later.

Cool. Thanks for letting me know.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14