Harry Potter Bronies 162 members · 50 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Starlight Shadow
Group Admin

Where you can kick back, admire Madame Rosmerta's flank, and have a round of butterbeer. I want to know what butterbeer tastes like anyway. J.K Rowling said it was "warm". Is it sweet? Is it spicy? Tell us, J.K!

Patient X
Group Admin

2420451 I've always imagined it like Cream Soda. *sweet_jesus.jpg*

Starlight Shadow
Group Admin

2420626 *licks lips* Except with a little alcohol, it's butterbeer, after all.

Patient X
Group Admin

2420632 That could just be a colloquialism. In the UK, Gingerale is also called Gingerbeer.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

And we have Root Beer as well

I'd imagine it taste however the drinker wants it to taste, which is why J.K Rowling never got into details. For me, it would taste like warm cider. How would you like it to taste like.

Starlight Shadow
Group Admin

2423762 The non-alcoholic cider that we used to get at this orchard. 20% more delicious than normal apple juice. :rainbowwild:

Starlight Shadow
Group Admin

2421380>>2421737 Touche. Except for a line from Harry in Order of the Phoenix:

"It's not that strong..."

Or something along those lines. Haven't read it in a while. That implies it does have at least a little bit of alcohol in it. Also, giving 13-year-olds alcohol is a recipe for disaster.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

13 year olds with little in the way of adult supervision, and the general maturity level of even the older students? Amazing that it took a battle to blow chunks off the school...

Starlight Shadow
Group Admin

2424382 In the Chamber of Secrets movie, only 6 teachers come to McGonagall's summons, including a dwarf (I think) and that a-hole Filch. It's amazing they haven't just set up makeshift classrooms and dorms in the midst of utter destruction from the spells being fired off everywhere and the ridiculous happenings going on each year.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

If you mean Prof. Flitwick, he's half goblin.

With the maturity level of the students I don't blame Filch for being an ass, his job is hard enough as it is without a bunch of brats making it difficult.

Starlight Shadow
Group Admin

2424405 I guess. Heck, the Weasley twins are the bane of his existence, plus look at all the crap they pulled off in OOTP. Also, dang you Umbridge.

2420451 I always imagined its taste as some sort of sweet-tasting beer (that is, a beer without the bitter alcoholic taste (bleh :pinkiesick:)). Also, I think that the only alcoholic drink in the Wizarding World is the Firewisky.

superpony55
Group Contributor

Cream Soda was our butterbeer at a birthday party, and we had "butterbeer cake" using cream soda! :rainbowlaugh: It was good. :scootangel:

I imagine it tastes like a combo of Root Beer and Cream Soda... Don't judge me. :trixieshiftright:

frothy butter-flavored beer i imagine.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18