Stories That Don't Exist But Should 70 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28
Cloud Hop
Group Admin

Welcome to Stories That Don't Exist But Should! Here, you can submit ideas to be featured on the front page. There are two kinds of submissions: self-explanatory titles, and entire story descriptions. While this group tends to be geared more towards comedic titles, feel free to post more serious ideas. To avoid doubleposting or tripleposting, please concentrate all your ideas into one post. Remember, if you only post a title, the title should be relatively self-explanatory. Titles that are too vague will not be added.

Rules
1. THIS THREAD IS FOR SUBMISSIONS ONLY. Discussions will be deleted with extreme prejudice.
2. Submissions cannot be accepted if they break the site rules on acceptable content (e.g. no metafiction)
3. Be nice.

Note: Fimfic doesn't tell me when people post on this thread, so drop a comment on my user page if you post something here.

A noble-pony wants to be immortal. After many years of searching for artifacts, spells, and potions, it becomes clear that the only way he can achieve his goal is to ask the only immortal ponies he has knowledge of. Being an arrogant aristo-pony, he believes he can make the younger, lonelier, and more vulnerable sister fall in love with him, in order for her to give him immortality so they may be together forever.

Ponies in UFO's steal our cows.
Rainbow Dash dislikes wearing her plaid kilt.
Shining Armor's Surfing Corn Dog Apocalypse
Princess Celestia gets a carrot stuck in her nose.
Twilight Sparkle wears a wig.

Comment posted by Cloud Hop deleted May 8th, 2014

After a spell gone awry, Fluttershy finds herself having to take care of her five closest friends who've been turned into fillies by that spell. Will Fluttershy get through this with her sanity intact?

Eternal Ponata: Horseshoepin no Yume
Dying and in a coma, Frederic Horseshoepin finds himself in a world where everypony and place is named after a musical term. (Well, except for this one gray mare with purple mane who's hanging out at Mt. Rock composing poems...)

My Little Pony: Normalcy is Relative
In an alternate Equestria, the residents of Ponyville find their buildings pretty much level with each other! The soap streets are gone, replaced with dirt! Unflavored clouds let out water instead of chocolate! Rabbits with short legs! And what happened to the customary dancing buffalo? Could all this zaniness be the work of Discord?

High Fright
You have a case of acrophobia. Therefore, it is only fitting that your entry point into Equestria be... Rainbow Dash's house. On top of that, while you like her and all, she's your least favorite of the Mane 6. Seems the cosmos has a sense of humor.

Flash Sentry the Racist
Flash Sentry dumps Twilight because she's a unicorn. He then goes and declares he will only date pegasi.

Revolt
Several background ponies are angry at Hasbro because Hasbro has given them to different names. Ponies among them include Rising Star aka Neon Lights, Bon Bon aka Sweetie Drops, and Suri Polomare aka Buttonbelle.

Bon Bon Dies and Ponyville Rejoices
Twilight Sparkle Dies and Ponyville Rejoices
Suri Polomare Steals Rarity's Coltfriend
Sufi Polomare Marries Prince Blueblood
Maud Pie Murders Everypony in Ponyville

Rarity Is Roomates with a Crystal Pony
Flash Sentry is Kidnapped by Maud
Crystal Ponies are Secretly Idiots
Marble and Limestone Start a Cult
Berry Punch Goes Out with Trenderhoof
Tirek Joins the Nazis
Lyra Starts a Dance Club
Flash and Spike Stalk Princess Cadence
Sequel: Princess Cadence Stalks Flash and Spike

Sunset Shimeer Changes Her Name to Sparkle Fluff
Minuette Becomes a Hobo
Pinkie Pie Deafeats Hitler

A Few Ideas...

A young pony runs into a familiar upright talking cat, chaos ensues.

Rainbow Dash in G3 Ponyville

AppleDash at the Pig Race

Meowth is a Pony!!!!!!

Meowth Apocalypse

Cats and Ponys eat pie!

Fluttershy eats a burger for the first time!!!

I met a Pony in a dark alley

Mane 6 meet (gasp) Newborn Cuties!!!!!! :pinkiegasp:

Apple Family Vacation

Scootaloo's Hub Logo Cutie Mark

Sweetie Bot the Makeup Artist

Sweetie Belle and Sweetie Bot

WindSparkle Ship (Wind Whistler and Twilight Sparkle)

Hope this helps!

This concept is very ruff mind you.

the story will be called The joylessness of Pinkie Pie.
The basic story concept is that Pinkies mood effects the town. This is based on the events of Magical mystery cure, where the town gets depressed because Pinkie is not being Pinkie.
Strange events are happening all over Ponyville because Pinkie Pie doesn't find anything interesting any more, these strange events bring the attention of Twilight who investigates to find out what is going on. This will be a ship between Twi and Pinkie.
I see the story resolves with Pinkie finding life interesting again because she starts to find that she like Twi in a different way then she used to.

Cloud Hop
Group Admin

Accepted ideas from the previous posts have now been added.

(title needed)
A young Earth pony farmmare is turned into a pegasus. Ecstatic, she starts flying all the time. (Not literally, just, y'know, even when she could just walk.) She eventually flies so fast that it causes an explosion of wheat, rye, and other things of that sort. But the fic ends before the characters can figure out a name for it. (Alternatively, they just call it a Sonic Cerealboom. I dunno, I just feel like setting up a pun and then leaving it for the readers to realize it.)

Got more!

Surprise goes on vacation to... DIDNY WORLLL!!!!:rainbowlaugh:
There she is scared by the small world ride.
Based on a true story.

Rarity Is A Hillbilly

Derpy's Day Off

Spike's Mustace

(title needed)
Luna lived 1000 years ago. What if she spoke the English of 1000 years ago instead of merely Early Modern English? Requires an author who studies actual Old English.

Cloud Hop
Group Admin

Group updated.

The Extras
(A parody of "The Extras" from the Amazing World of Gumball)
The Mane Six aren't doing anything today, so the background ponies take over.

Trixie Finds a Pixie
Trixie Finds a Foal in the Woods
Rarity Becomes a Pig
Berry Punch's House Can Talk

Got more!!!

Applejack is a Dog
Too Cute Pony Edition
Attack of the Derpy
Sweetie Belle is a Toaster

Buy It!
description: Sweetie Belle wants to get her cutie mark in selling stuff.:unsuresweetie:

Rainbow Dash Gives Blood
It'd probably be something in the same vein (ba dum tish) as Rainbow Dash and the Feather Flu Vaccine, although with only "because other ponies may need it" as a reason. I also imagine a scene in which she learns that Fluttershy is a galloneer or something like that.

Cloud Hop
Group Admin

Group Updated.

That Tickles, Your Highness!
One of Luna's forms of amusement is to go into ponies' dreams every once in a while and tickle them. But are they happy with this? (Answer: Some yes, some no.)

(title needed)
As mammals, ponies have bellybuttons. But when they wake up one day to find that they're more like humans' bellybuttons than they used to be what will they do with them...?

I forgot about this idea the other day...

"Ooh! Synovial fluid imploding! I hate that sound!"
On one of her visits to the human world, Twilight witnesses someone (Rainbow?) popping her fingers, and becomes concerned.

(The title comes from a line in Cheers, from one of those segments before the opening title sequence.)

Silver Spoon and the Silver spoon

Diamond Tiara and the Diamond Tiara

How Ponies evolved lactose tolerance
Why You Should Never Scratch a Pony Behind the Ears
Rarity Cannot Open her Front Door
This is the Story of How a Muffin Became an Alicorn Princess, as written by Derpy Hooves
Gravity is Suddenly Gone for Reasons
Pony Names Suddenly Become Anagrams. "Twirk The Pagills" Is Not Amused.
Luna Spills Glitter In Her Mane And Can't Tell It Apart From The Stars
Fluttershy is employed by a fast food restaurant

The Voice of My Cello
After dying in a horrible accident, Vinyl Scratch's ghost haunts Octavia's cello, and can only speak when the cellist plays the instrument. Octavia is very relieved to hear her friend's voice again from beyond the grave, but can't focus when Vinyl speaks to her while she's playing Concerts.

Cloud Hop
Group Admin

Doctor Whooves Becomes a Dentist

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28