Hug Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara! 267 members · 306 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Flint Sparks
Group Contributor

Simple enough, each participant in this thread writes a mini-fic for a group story featuring our lovely fillies and the hugs they sorely deserve.

How it works:
-At the end of each participant post is a prompt of the writer's choosing. (Keep it simple!) Simply reply to it with "claimed!" You have four hours or so to edit your comment with a short story based on that prompt.
-Mini-fics should ballpark around 500 words. A little under is okay, but try not to go too far over 1000. These prompts are for fun, not super serious stories. (Hugging fillies is serious business, though).
-Keep it PG. A little filly love is okay, but no saxophones or drag racing. Rock and roll is appreciated, though.
-Hugs are a requirement.
-No grim-dark or gore!
-Group collab is open to any fans of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, not just this group :scootangel:
-Either I or an admin of this group will post this story, but your name will be plastered all over your work.
-To add icing to the cake, feel free to link a pic you want in your story as a little added cover art.
-If you hate either of these fillies, I will find you and I will hug you.

First prompt: "Like sisters."

Group collab is open to any fans of Diamond Tiara and Silver Belle, not just this group

Did you mean Silver Spoon?

Flint Sparks
Group Contributor

Freudian slip, I'm a chronic shipper. :twilightblush:

Aren't we all...:pinkiehappy:

Flint Sparks
Group Contributor

My only real life friends in the fandom hate shipping with a passion... :rainbowderp:

You got that right.

Um, was it claimed yet?

Flint Sparks
Group Contributor

Nope! Have at it! :twilightsmile:

Silver Spoon ran a hoof over the empty slot again. And again. And again. Her eyes assailed by the same, dull burn since Daddy left a few hours ago.

“Stupid jerk! I-It’s not fair,” she said quietly.

Three sharp taps at the door, and Sliver’s secretive instincts kicked in. She dropped the tiara in her grasp and chucked a pillow over it, and plastered an even expression on her face. The big, creepy smile rarely ever worked, from her experience.

The door cracked open. “Miss Spoon, Miss Tiara is here to see you,” droned her lame-o butler. And he let Diamond in? He was extra lame today!

“No! Tell her to go away!” she cried.

“That would be terribly rude, Miss Spoon. Not minding how out of character you are being, it IS her birthday.”

“I don’t want to see her, and that’s that!” Silver said, with a firm resolution of firm resoluteness! She was so resolute, her vocal chords just weren’t acting straight… that’s all.

The aged stallion peeked his head in. He had this soft look. It didn’t match the voice she always heard from outside the door, not at all. She merely looked back into his eye.

“Miss Spoon, I know you must be disappointed. You must feel like you let Miss Tiara down. But don’t let that get between you two! She would never do that same.”

The prickly burn Daddy left her with came back. Silver scooched over on her bed to a large teddy bear, squeezing it against herself, hoping the cushiness could reach that horrible feeling and make it better.

“I… I…”

The old stallion chuckled. “Remember, Miss Spoon, who gave you that as a gift for your last birthday.”

She didn’t want to look up at him. Her face pressed against the bear, she gave a small nod one would miss, if they didn’t know where to look.

“Very good,” he said.

“Um…” Silver’s voice stopped him short. He tilted her head, just to see if he was there, and he was. “Thank you.”

After the door clicked shut, she knew Diamond Tiara would arrive in a matter of minutes. She flipped the pillow off her bed like a disgruntled fry cook, seizing the poor excuse for a tiara in her hooves again. The butler’s words slipped her mind once more, and her search of her room became frantic.

“Think, think, think! You’re smart, Silver! You get straight A’s!” she hissed between her teeth. Her mind swayed to and fro, half searching for a substitute for the missing pieces, half searching for a place to smash the dumb thing and hide the evidence.

She threw open her closet door and dove into the thicket of dolls, the very last spot in her room. Maybe one of them had gem-looking eyes?!

Her closet erupted into a popping popcorn of poppets, and in her mad dash did not hear Diamond’s shrill greeting.

“Siiilvy! Wasn’t today just GRAND? Well, I’m sure you and your Daddy had fun at the jewellery store. Meanwhile, MY Daddy just treated me to a day in town, buying me all the things!” Diamond Tiara gasped for breath, giving her time to notice the rain of dolls drenching Silver’s bed. “Silvy? Like, hello?” She skipped over to the closet. “All. The. Things?”

Silver responded with an elf pony right to her face.

“Pbbtht, HEY?! Like, what gives?”

“WHAT?” Silver tumbled out, a noodly monkey tangled in her tail, glasses hanging by an ear.

“Present?” Diamond said. Just that word. She and Silver locked eyes for a few moments. “Present?”

“Er, um.” She nudged her crummy tiara under a fat pony doll, before Diamond saw it.

“Ooooh, I get it! You got me a really cute doll, and you’re bringing all of yours out to play with! Right?”

Silver’s ears perked up. “Right! Exactly! I have it right here, too. Um…” She hopped back into the close, careful to avoid the tiar-uh’s hiding place. “This! This bunny!” she said. She hopped over to Diamond like a rabbit herself, the doll on her back giving her its floppy ears.

Diamond raised an eyebrow. “I already have that one, Silver Spoon. And I thought you did too?”

“Er,” Silver squeaked. “This! Can you dig this mole?” Silver snaked under her poofy rugs, thrusting the pudgy moll into Diamonds face from below. She even gave it a squeak!

“Ew, no.” Diamond Tiara huffed. “C’mon, Silvy. I know you like fooling around, but it’s MY BIRTHDAY!”

She started to sweat. “How about this lady bug? This dashing bear? Don’t forget the fairy princess! Aww, look at this baby octopus! OR --” A pink hoof put shushed her.

“Silver Spoon, what the hay are you up to? You have an octopus on your head? WHY?” she yelled, flicking the thing off. “What, were you too cheap to get me a gift, so now you’re just looking for a hoof-me-down?”

Diamond began sniffling. Silver was torn, torn as a poorly hemmed dress. “N-No, Dee-Tee, it’s not that -- “

“Don’t ‘Dee-Tee’ me!” she said, lips trembling.

Her best friend was crying. At least she wasn’t crying over her terrible present, right?

“W-what’s that?” Diamond croaked.

“What?”

“It’s… it’s…” she mumbled. Silver traced her eyes to that dumb, stupid, ugly tiara. Wait, that dum-pid-ugly tiara!

“OH! That! Well, you see, I was, uh, trying out some toilet scrubber designs! It’s nothing, really!” Silver Spoon attempted to snatch that thing away, but Diamond’s startlingly strong foreleg against her chest dashed her hopes.

“It’s… so pretty!” Diamond squealed. Silver was shocked, motionless. She watched Diamond turn it around in her hooves, and for a fact she knew that Diamond could see the empty slots. But it didn’t kill her smile.

“Diamond, I… I couldn’t finish it in time. Daddy wouldn’t let me go to the jewellery store today. I’m sor--”

“THAT’S what this was about?” Diamond said, stern. “You made this beautiful tiara for me, and you were afraid I wouldn’t like it without those gems?”

“Yes?”

“Oh, you’re so silly sometimes!” Diamond said, yanking Silver Spoon towards her for a great big bear hug.

“Herk… I don’t get it. It’s lame and, like, dumb too!”

“We’ll finish it together, then!” Diamond declared. She shuffled over to Silver Spoon’s forgotten saddle bags, fishing out a two green markers. “See? I’ll just draw the diamonds in. That way, we both put something in it. Not a diamond spoon, but a silver tiara. Oh, how poetic!”

Silver Spoon tried to say something, but her voice just felt bubbly. Instead, she jumped onto Diamond Tiara’s side, bringing them both to the floor.

“Aw, Dee-Tee! I’m sorry for being dumb. This, this, this, ugh, I can’t talk!” Silver giggled.

Diamond couldn’t help but laugh with her. “Don’t talk, start coloring then!”

Silver’s cheeks were as warm as could be. “No way, green’s so not your color!”

You can't stop me, man. I had to keep everything in!

Anyways, a prompt... how about...

"Keeping Watch"

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9