Rainbow Pie 288 members · 194 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
MDNGHTRDHTLN
Group Admin

Note: sorry about the false alarm last time. I hate my keyboard

Heya. I'm IceboxFroggie, one of your admins, and I just want to see what you all think about this:

Why do YOU like RainbowPie x PinkieDash?

I know there's a question like that on the 'introduce yourself' thread, but there's only, like, 12 replies on that one.

Now, I like a bunch of ships. My faves are usually those with Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity, and even moreso those that are within those three. But, RainbowPie holds a special place in my heart, because:

a) They have great chemistry.

b) They are the ultimate prank pairing.

c) They have cool manes.

What about you? What do you think? What makes you like RainbowPie/PinkieDash?

My major reason is just that they're adorable together. I love the dynamic of Dash trying to act cool and Pinkie constantly undermining it with her silliness. But also, from an artistic standpoint, I think they look better together than other mane six pairings. Their colors make for a good combination, and Pinkie's curvy design is a nice contrast to Dash's "spikiness".

Other than that, I still think they get the most love in canon. Episodes like Wonderbolts Academy and Griffon the Brushoff make it way easier to maintain my silly head canon.

I love all Rainbow Dash pairings equally, so I joined all the Dash pairing groups that I could find.

2393498 I like them because they are freaking adorable together. I need no more reason than that.

One.Pinks is obviously Crusing on Dashie.

two, they are so adaorable as a couple

three, great Chemistry

four, I was introduced to pony by the winningverse, which is rainbowpie heavy

fiveOMG dey so adorbz!!!!1111!!!11! gods help me

A crazy hyperactive cake loving pink maned pony shipped with an arrogant loyal and rainbow maned athlete?

Of course. How couldnt I ship them.

But then again I do ship other ponies with those two. :pinkiecrazy:

Plus it's cute hahaaaa:heart:

I ship pinkie with anyone who can handle her wild spirit. Of course PinkieDash is cute its always going to have a place in my heart as my first OTP.

I think they're the most like-minded two of the mane cast. They're veritable fonts of energy and positivity. I like to think that Rainbow lives to inspire ponies and that Pinkie lives to uplift ponies and that, for all the fangirling that Pinkie does over Dash, Dash finds Pinkie admirable and wishes she could bring joy to ponies like Pinkie does. Oh, and they're the flightiest and most childish of the mane six—I love a romance about characters who have a lot of mistakes to make and learn from.

SHL

Together they can be cute. Also, the random of Pinkie Pie breaks into RD coolness :pinkiehappy:

PinkieDash is my favorite OTP because...

I HAVE NO IDEA! THEY ARE JUST AWESOME!!:rainbowkiss::pinkiehappy:

How could anyone read "the Games We Play" and not ship this dysfunctional pair?

Seriously, though, they are pretty adorable together, and Pinkie actually seems to crush a bit on Dash in canon, so that helps. Plus their prankster tendencies have a lot of fun potential for goofy story interaction, and I love that (see the mlp comics and "Fear of the Fall" by Vulpine Hero for some examples).

So yeah, basically what everyone else said. Chemistry/interaction, adorable-ness, etc. Plus I ship Dash with all of the Mane 6 to some degree, so that helps. PinkieDash is usually tied for second with Twidash, depending on what I'm reading and how I'm feeling at the time. If I'm reading Salvation, Raridash is up there in second as well.

Also, we need more epic-length PinkieDash fics - they have a lot of potential for awesome adventure shenanigans that needs to be capitalized on - why aren't we funding this? :derpytongue2:

FierceRainbow
Group Admin

Well, while I do like opposites attract pairings, I think I'm a bigger than of similarities pairing, and RainbowPie is literally the only Pinkie ship that is similarities. They're both so silly and cute together, and Pinkie, at least in shipping fanon, has a crush on Dashie, so it would be pretty easy to start a story between them :rainbowwild:. Besides, I can just imagine Pinkie hugging Rainbow and her being all blushy and embarrassed. :rainbowderp:
Or for a simpler reason, they look good together. They're like the color ponies. :pinkiegasp:

2393498 It's just a really cute pairing. :heart:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13