Rainbow Pie 288 members · 194 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Damocles23
Group Admin

All the cool kids are having their group collab? What, don't we deserve one? In this thread we will brainstorm about the format, prompts and the authors and members that would like to join us. My prompt is a classic one: kisses under mistletoe. Imagine Pinkie Pie walking around with a mistletoe hanging from her head, complete with little bells. Imagine that she uses it only when she sees a certain cocky pegasus...:rainbowhuh:

I ran a collab over on the ApplePie group that worked out well, and the rules were simple to start.

Someone starts off by posting a 100-500 word mini-fic about Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. At the end will be a one word prompt. If you would like to write a 100-500 word RainbowPie mini-fic relating to that prompt within the next four hours, comment right away to claim that prompt. Post the story when you finish, and add a one word prompt at the end for the next people to claim.

Just to make sure everything is clear:
* The mini-fic can be in any style, any tag, AU, humanized, whatever. It can be a cute scene, a snippet of conversation, or an excerpt from an Equestrian history book. It's not expected to be preread or proofread, and if you've never written before that's just fine. Just try to keep it rated teen or lower and make sure it's 100-500 words of fiction about Pinkie and AJ and it relates somehow to the prompt you claimed.
* Claim prompts with a quick post responding to the last post. Just the word "claimed" is fine. When you finish, make a post with the mini-fic and the next prompt.
* Your claim is valid for four hours, to keep someone from accidentally holding things up all day. After four hours, another person could post a claim for the same prompt. If you ran out of time, and no one else has claimed it, and you still want to write it, just go ahead and reclaim it.
* In the event that people become confused, and two fics are posted for the same prompt, the first one posted contains the official next prompt.
* Please include a one word prompt at the end of your fic. There are lots of words, and they can mean lots of things, and it's up to the next writer what they want to do with it.
*Please don't claim your own prompt.

I don't know if you guys like this format, but maybe we could use it to get started?

Damocles23
Group Admin

I agree with this format. Start posting your prompts in the form described by Starswirl Beard.

She heard those bells tingling. At least the pink menace had the decency to wear the bells, so she wouldn't be always surprised to see her. Not that she didn't enjoy surprises but Pinkie had that way of coming behind her stealthy as the Shadow Warriors of Hooflatlipoca and yelling at the top of her lungs, causing poor Rainbow to fly higher than she ever planned.

A couple of jingles and she was there. “Hello, Dashie!” she chirped, wearing that grin that Rainbow didn’t know if she wanted to kiss or to ignore with an eyeroll or calling her random.

“Ok, what is that?” she asked like she needed to. The pink pony had already tried that ever since Heartwarming’s Eve season started.

“What are you talking about? Oh, that!” she poked her head and slapped her tongue out, poiting at the large plastic rod of which was attached a mistletoe. “It’s a heartwarming’s tradition! You know, when two ponies walk together under a mistletoe they have to kiss each other!”

“I don’t think it’s fair that you bring that thing around.”

“Just furthering my chances.” she giggled.

“And what do you do when somepony that you don’t want tod esperately kiss is around?” The time that Dash blinked and the mistletoe disapperad, leaving only a pair of baby blue eyes staring at her like a puppy. “How did you do that?!”

“Did what?”

Dash chuckled. Maybe there wasn’t the need of an old tradition for kissing that pony.

Very cute story! You forgot to leave a new prompt though. :pinkiegasp:

Damocles23
Group Admin

New prompt: feeling blue. You made me smile, I smiled you back. You gave me laughter I laughed with you. If Pinkie Pie is the one to feel sad this time, Rainbow Dash will make her smile.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5