Political Ponies 182 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

To clarify, Gina Carano was drawing a parallel to the creation of hate towards a group of people among a population from an oppressive/hateful government that did whatever it took to be in power and enforce their agenda's. For anyone to not see it in that context misunderstood. That's not Gina's fault. To the people at Disney that misunderstood english because you're brain-washed to filter conservative statements and twist them into something they're not, Walt Disney was a conservative republican after realizing democrats did not truly represent his principles. I suppose he would be rolling over if he saw what Disney has turned into. Just like our fore-fathers would be rolling over if they saw what our government has turned into. Democrats have spouted off under the entire Trump term with lies, deception, and to abuse and be aggresive against conservatives. Remember the assassination of the republican baseball team by a democrat during Trumps term? So, yes, Gina is correct in the spirit of her statement that there is a group of hateful people that is engendering and condoning violence and corruption at all levels. Disney, you can continue to make productions as platforms for your SJW agendas. They will lack the creative and genuine neutrality of what being human is which will bear out in the horrible reviews and subsequent obliteration of what Walt Disney's idea was that we can all relate to, the fantasy of imagination to empower our youth inside us all. You can be part of the cancel culture, and so can we. I've cancelled you Disney, I've cancelled everything I was subscribed to or a member of because you no longer represent the spirit of Walt Disney, you represent the spirit of democrats. Enjoy being people like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer and the shooter of the republican baseball team, if you believe those are people to look up to instead of Walt Disney, you have chosen a dark path and have truly lost your way. Wake up!

~~~~Shawn Lachance

I can't support the firing of Gina. All people have a right to their opinion, even Gina. Weather we agree or not, we must not censor opinions. Difference and diversity are what makes individuals, this should be embraced. I can't support Disney + if they can't support Gina.

~~~~Marilyn Olenberger

Persecution and firing of Conservatives must STOP!!

~~~~Julie Krieger

I don’t feel someone’s political views should prevent them from holding a job, especially with they’ve done well and had enormous fan support. Diversity should include conservatives as well.

~~~~Timothy Van Bruggen

Disney is now in violation of the 1st Amendment, in my opinion...whether you agree with Gina's comments or not. Until Gina is re-hired with an official apology and huge raise, Im no longer investing in Disney or buying any Disney products. I consider myself a political centrist, and I think that some of Gina's comments about Nazi Germany are correct. If anything Gina just made her opinion and it's not far from the mark...The Jews never thought their own people would go so far until it finally happened, either. I remember reading stories from holocaust survivors who's parents reassured them that 'they were all German, no one is coming for you'...and over time the German News and government turned against a certain type of people and we all know what horrors led from there. History repeats itself and I have no doubts that this horrible time in history could repeat itself anywhere in the world, including America, and that we are already seeing similarities now. There's plenty of evidence of this in the history books and from holocaust survivors own words to this day...even many rabbis are discussing their fears about the Far-Left's cancel culture these days in synagogues around the US, as well as many Christians and anyone who might be considered conservative. The Leftists go into an insane "cancel mode" if ANYONE says something that they disagree with. People need to learn that pretty much all opinions and points of view and freedom of speech is welcome under the First Amendment of the Constitution of The United States of America. People need to learn to accept other people's opinions without freaking out and having a meltdown if they disagree with another persons thoughts. America's Founders viewed political discourse and freedom of speech as hallmarks of a free and just society. If this cancel culture continues then we really are going down a book-burning spiral that we may never recover from. A Constitutional Republic is not meant to be a mob-rule/majority-rule society. Freedom for ALL. Disney, do the right thing and correct your mistake. We all must support our nation together and do what we can to make America a place that we can all love and support together, instead of hating everything about our past and giving up all loyalty to this nation. We really do need to unify as a nation; and cancel culture is NOT the way to resolve our issues. At what point does everyone agree that everything is perfect again and they're ready to support America moving forward? Nothing is perfect, but we all need to start trying harder to get along and accept one another instead of silencing the opposite side. God Bless America, & Long Live The Republic.

~~~~David Wolfman

And these are only 5 of the many comments criticizing Disney's decision to fire Carano and the support that was given to the actress. All from a petition to get Disney to rehire, which has gotten nearly 66,000 votes so far. 65,934 votes, to be precise.

And will Disney give a f**k at all? Not one bit. They prove that all the time.

I'm wondering if the Mandalorian will even have a Season 3. Why else would they take a long break?

They can make up excuses all they want. But Star Wars is dead. This is only prolonging the suffering.

And showing what could have been if competent writers were there from the beginning.

The real problem today is that the company seems to be forgetting that it's founder, Walt Disney, was a Conservative-Republican. They should've always kept thinking about what he would've wanted, as well as continually honored him and respected his viewpoints. Instead, they have to trash the name by supporting Liberalistic ideologies and anti-American agendas.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I do not support censorship. I strongly feel that we need is context. Shutting down conversations about things that make us uncomfortable or just because they offend our politics or faiths, is not constructive.
I also have to point out that Disney is a private corporation and the people in charge can manage it however they are see fit.
I also have to point out that at the end of the day: Disney is a corporation. The point of going into business is to make a profit. As long as there are Americans who have an obsession with identity politics: there is money to be made just by picking a side on social media. The problem you have isn’t with Disney: your problem is with America today, which is ironic since you are heavily invested in identity politics.

I genuinely think that the only reason why Disney hasn’t taken steps to reshape the Star Wars Tabletop systems is that it’s too much work for an executive to make a plan for it, and it generates cash and attention just by existing but not so much that it’s clearly linked to them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4