Warriors of Equestria 1,778 members · 1,454 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

On a scale from 1 to 10, how would you rate the militaries in disney from:

1. soldiers and units.

2.training and skills

3.weapons and equipments

And finally 4., on generals, their strategies and tactics.

Uhm....Mulan is the only one that comes to mind.

No the king in Malfasent had a army.

But yeah the Equestria royal guard has been more present then military in Disney movies.

The only ones you see any military in is Mulan, Malefsitant, treasure island and treasure planet technically have royal navy officers in them. The only other Disney movies are the pirates movies west Indies trading company, the Olamo movie and the two t.v. shorts series Swamp fox and Johnny Shiloh.

Thanks for helping me remember that I'm old enough to remember black and white movies by Disney....:pinkiesick: when did I become old?

Accurate description of the British military in the Pirates movies. In general though, most ‘militaries’ in the Disney universe are a joke. No tactics or strategies, dumb generals and incompetent soldiers, and don’t even get me started on the poor weapon handling. But then again, military combat is not Disney’s thing, so I’m not that surprised.

Yeah, a specially with their so-called royal guards, when you expect guards, you would expect them to be elites. But nooo, according to wiki, they, which I'll quote'n quote," take the roll of keeping the castle under control and making sure suspicious characters do not harm it or its residents."
Now does that take rocket science to find out there's an intruder with a sword in the castle?

Realistically, no. Only people allowed with weapons inside the castle would be the guards, soldiers, and the nobility. But this is Disney, we have to keep that in mind. If Disney followed real rules of warfare...their movies would be VERY kid UNfriendly.

Yes, so how you rate them?

What’s good and bad? 1 good or 10?

10 for best and 0 for worst.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11