Mystery + Noir 137 members · 134 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
blank check
Group Admin

I've been away from FiMFiction for a while, but I still check in every so often. Before leaving, I set the permissions on folders to Admin, as I didn't want to deal with examining folders for stories people had submitted and determining if they made the cut. I'm not sure why I didn't add Submissions in the first place, but I'm rectifying this mistake. Since I haven't been looking through stories, this group's throughput has been cut to zero, and that's detrimental to everyone involved, to noir fans and authors alike. This submissions folder is for any member of the group (it would be open to anyone, but the site interface doesn't support this), anyone who sees stories that match this group's themes, and any author who wants to promote their mystery or noir story here. I will periodically check back in and evaluate whatever stories are submitted to this folder to add them to the group proper.

In addition, I will probably add another folder for stories that match the group's themes but don't match my own standards of quality. This means the Equestria Noir series, for example. If I recall correctly, that series has a good following, and while I dislike it for a number of reasons, it is a detriment to the group and the stories that are featured by it to not advertise on similarly-themed stories, no matter the quality (or my personal valuation of it, anyways). If this sounds mercenary or self-serving, it totally is, and I don't see why that's a bad thing as that's probably how a lot of bad stories become popular. This group was fairly low-maintenance to begin with, and artificially cutting that maintenance to zero is to everyone's detriment. I hope this group can recover what little activity it had in order to give its featured stories some more love.

There is a non-mercenary justification for this possible addition, as I state in the PWI group:

This would be motivated less by mercenary advertisement, and more for the consideration of my own personal taste differing from others who may want to see stories here that I would otherwise not allow.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1