Weekly Watch 53 members · 46 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
FluxerCry
Group Admin

The first step in any sort of contribution is simply joining Weekly Watch. Chances are if you're reading this then you've already done that, but in case you haven't go ahead and click that big "join" button.

Congratulations!You're now an official member of Weekly Watch. Believe it or not, by joining you've already supported me and my group, and for that I thank you. If you're interested in further contributing to Weekly Watch, then by all means read on.

As you should know, Weekly Watch is about giving reviews and helping the FIMfiction writing community grow stronger through constructive and relevant feedback. If you're not interested in writing your own reviews, then I'm afraid there's not much else you can do for us. Still interested? Then sit back and grab a pen and some paper, because over the next few minutes I'm going to tell you everything you need to know about reviewing for Weekly Watch!

The first step is the simple matter of making a review. You don't need any particular level of experience or skill in order to do that--just pick a fic that you think could use the feedback and start writing up all the ways in which you think it could improve.

However, there are a few things you should keep in mind:

First of all, do not do your reviews the same way I do them in Weekly Watch. Your reviews should typically be much longer and more in-depth, as you're not trying to cram as many stories as you can into a week--you should also read the whole thing before giving it a review, unless it's just that bad. Though there's certainly things you can learn from me as a critic, I don't suggest trying to immitate me.

Secondly: Don't just give reviews to stories you like, or popular stories. Though I believe even the best of authors can always improve, they don't exactly need it as much as the general fimfiction population.

Finally, try to retain a sense of character, humor, and professionalism. People are likely to take your criticism much better if you tear their work apart in an entertaining and unique way.

(My Celestia, do you have any idea how many "sexy" images I had to sort through before I found this? Damn you, google!)

So you've written up your shiny new review, and you're wondering where you should put it. The first thing you should do is post it to the comments section of the story you're reviewing, so the author can see it! These reviews are for the authors after all, not for us. Feel free to mention Weekly Watch at the bottom of your review and provide a link, but if you do then make sure to mention that you are not (yet) an official Weekly Watch reviewer.

What else can you do? Well, that's about it for now, actually. If you want to become an official Weekly Watch reviewer, the best thing you can do is give reviews and gain experience. Remember though, this is about helping the writing community. If you're not actually good at or interested in reviewing then you don't have to; feel free to just follow the forums and support us just by being yourself!

Hmm, sounds interesting! :trixieshiftright:

Just what were the search terms that generates such sexy imagery?

I would love to do some reviewing. But I wish that I had the time....

FluxerCry
Group Admin

2650540 Well I hope so. :twilightsheepish: I want to make this group as self-sustainable as possible, so that I don't always have to be there.

2651564 Ms Harshwhinny. :rainbowlaugh: That's it.

2663481 That's exactly how I feel. :twilightsmile: By no means do you have to do it regularly; whenever you have the time and you're feeling generous, just find a fic to pick on and feel free to mention this group.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5