The Great and Powerful Sunset Shimmer 111 members · 27 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Cryosite
Group Admin

Toss your ideas together here for feedback and collaboration.

I'll start with:

This looks like an alternate "Mane 6" that could easily be worked into an alternate universe, much like the Lunaverse and others.

Of the three well-fleshed out "verses" that I'm aware of, they take an alternate set of events between The "good" princess taking on a student, and some variation of the canon pilot. In the Lunaverse, Luna is the good one and her student is Trixie Lulamoon. In the Dashverse, Celestia is the good princess and all the regulat canon stuff happens, except Rainbow Dash is her student instead of Twilight. In the Octaviaverse (which I haven't read yet, but have read the descriptions for) Twilight is the good princess, and an alternate Mane 6 including Octavia exists (I imagine she is the student; still need to read).

In the casting for the Mane 6 in this picture, what sort of 'verse could we create? Would it follow the steps of these other verses and just give yet another variation? Or perhaps it could take an entirely different direction. Who would the "good princess" be for this AU? Chrysallis or Discord seem like possible candidates, or perhaps an unredeemed Nightmare Moon? These leaders would make for a bit more dark/villain-oriented feel to the verse, which seems to fit in with the "villain" cast of the main 6.

An alternative direction to take the idea in, have Cadence lead. the defining features of the 6 ponies are things like ambition, image, and elitism. A collection of more aggressive and forceful virtues, much how love is a more powerful virtue than friendship.

As for the cast itself, it has a similar "balance" as the original M6: With Gilda filling in a "pegasus" slot (works because she's a flyer), you have two of each tribe.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1