Headcanon Discussion group. 94 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Hey, I did say I was going to make this in the one I did before.

What? You didn't read it? I said it was going to be something like writing why ponies were not bright enough. Doesn't ring any bells? Oh... alrighty then...:fluttershyouch: Here it is if you want to see it.:yay:

But don't if you don't want to...:fluttershbad:

Alright, you know the drill. This headcanon comes with explanations and such of each thing taken into account and then it shall show the real deal and the point to it all out. But this is different... because reasons. Skip explanation with Ctrl+F for ("Headcanon - Ponies: naive, racist and ignorant.")

:Headcanon - Cutie Mark Content-ness:

Ponies don't get their jobs because they studied to know how to do it, which would mean they need to actually educate themselves, no... ponies get their jobs because they are talented in it.

But of course there's logic here.

Just hanging around.

But sometimes it's way too obvious.

I would be surprised too if I found out my whole purpose is slamming a mullet.

Not all ponies go directly into their specific talents to work. But there appears to be a social basis where you know where all classify.

But it's not like human talent which is when you notice you're good at something, but it's 'magic like talent' which makes you an expert in doing one thing and one thing only, of course there's the exceptions, the double cutie mark quill sofa, but that's beside the point.

I am looking at you Applebloom... is that a Hudsucker Proxy reference?

The Cutie Mark means no need for an education higher of the things that are in front of you because of your cutie mark, which makes for an obvious uninterested behavior which makes them naive and believe that everything is alright in the world.

They feel happy and content which gives them that feel of perfectly pacific utopia. Which makes many times more understandable the need to get such a thing. It defines everything. Damn that childhood. But again, headcanon.:applejackunsure:

And this is not a callback to my other thread or anything but I did say there was a posibility that these were controlled by something I shall not mention here.:trixieshiftright: Totally not uniting both posts in any way.

:Headcanon - Princess Celestia the Kindness Fall:

As I said before the education system is the biggest problem, and who controls the system, Celestia of course. Now I'm not saying she's on purpose making her population stupid, but in her actions of kindness she's doing so. Headcanon-ly of course.

The education is in how to use their natural abilities instead of actual education, pegasi have the wonderbolt academy, that is not to educate but train them in the use of their wings, unicorns have the school for gifted unicorns that shows advanced magic, which means there's a school of normal unicorns that shows normal magic, and there was never mentioned anything about earth ponies, but I can tell that most don't really need much education at all. And before anyone jumps with something about education let me intercept with the simple...

Two sections state the equality between integration of continuous functions and the sigma operation upon discrete functions - a concept important in digital signal processing. The meaning of the remaining three equations I have no idea, and I'm into math, and the rest may be random math-symbols to fill the board with no context.

MATH IS A TALENT.

This opens many things to consider. It gets to you to see that schools are on the general knowledge of the population, but now we need to understand, which is this knowledge? Now, what I can tell you reassuringly is where this areas have been shown to develop.

Wonderbolt Academy.

Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns

The Schoolhouse. (For Earthponies.)

Now on this headcanon Celestia educated her ponies on their natural abilities and gives them the option on the rest, which most ponies obviously will not take, because it's no use for them and their cutie marks, and that's the problem.

Imagine if you weren't forced into school when you were in the age to enter highschool, and would be given the option to get a job based in what you're good at there and there. Would you go to school or get a job?

Teen passing through acne. And seriously Celestia? Seriously?!

Yeah, thought so.

Now what this means in pony society is that average actual knowledge is extremely low, common knowledge is in social basis instead on actual knowing basis.

The best example of this is Twilight Sparkle.:twilightblush:

Twilight as portrayed in the show is very well informed, and as stated in the show, it's because she didn't do anything besides read, ponies knew her but she was considered antisocial, which would make fact that she's the most knowledgeable pony in the show and if you or anyone that has seen the show noticed, Twilight is not naive, not knowledgeably anyway.

Even before she was Celestia's pupil, Twilight was studying magic like a BOSS.

She is informed through books made by other ponies that had a cutie marks of that particular subject in the book, and Twilight doesn’t discriminate knowledge because of her very nature to learn and THEN because her cutie mark is magic, which would indicate the she is trying to learn magic from everywhere not just what’s close to her.

She's naive socially, about how to act what's normal and whatnot.

Exhibited A:

Exhibited B:

Exhibited C:

Twilight Party hard!

:Headcanon? - Complete control:

Yes, I do believe this classifies more into canon? Having control over weather, plants and animals assures a level of security from the citizens in the level that nothing will come as a surprise because everything is under control. This explains why it's a hell of a big deal for anything wrong to happen and justifiable on a headcanon sense to drive the ponies to go into a panic frenzy everytime something not normal comes along.

Yes, this is a panic moment. No, Spike did not turn on his swag, that would have horrible results.

:Headcanon - Ponies: naive, racist and ignorant.:

I would headcanon, that pony's naive nature and/or ignorant view of the world is because there's no real need to know that much, the education system in small villages like Ponyville would only go through the basics; basic history, basic math, basic writing, up to what point it's not quite sure, because they never really show the classes, only in special days classes.

As for the racist feel, I know it relates to the previous, especially on the seeing of the unknown they're not well read or informed because they didn't know what a Zebra was, which is a SAPIENT species in their world, which means that not only they don't read much, but they only learn based on what comes around in Ponyville.

Even Twilight looks worried.

They can live their whole lives without giving a damn about anything, unless it affects them directly.

Having no need to study affect the world in general. Social boundaries becomes wider and more impossible to breach because the lower class doesn't care that they're lower, they like it there, they are good at it and talented and destined for it. It would make anyone else with rare talents or entertaining proud, and feel high and mighty since others are meant to serve which they are meant to entertain and be of high class, it's their talent after all.

So, why care for anything else, you feel nice and cosy, living the dream with what you're good at and making the best you can with your best thing. Having your passion to reach places only reachable thanks to your talent. Why learn about things that don't affect you? Why care for things that are in the slightest going to happen? Why wouldn't I be scared for strange things? They change my good life, my good, controlled, fulfilling, life.

The system is good, the system is GREAT, keep the system. Have no change. Because change would be bad, because change is strange and uncertain, and we like what we have. It's on us to get what we want and feeling good every moment of every day because of it. Change on our world would be bad, change is dislikable. Hell with change. Keep change on a hole far away, bury it and forget it forever. We crave the control to keep it good, we call it harmony, harmony is nice because it remains, we say what is done there's no reason why we should change. We love it here.

Harmony is good.

And change is evil.

We don’t like what we don’t know because we know nothing of it, no control over it. If you were a pony we could say we understand you, but if you have something different, you could change everything. And change is evil. We don’t like you, we don’t care for you. The only reason we would ever like you is because we get to know you, get to see you can become part of the system. Something we can control. Just like Fluttershy says.

Make them friends so they can do as you say, because friends are supposed to be nice to each other, and do as one side only says. RIGHT?

I think I got a little carried away on that.

So there you have it, the Headcanon: Ponies: naive, racist and ignorant..:yay: Hopefully you found it entretaining to read as it was for me to write, explain, find every image... find jokes to tell... and show.

Yeah, I'm going to bed.:ajsleepy:

Jioplip
Group Admin

2322970 Quite a bit deeper than the title implies, this headcanon is interesting, feasible, and presented in a highly entertaining way.

Nice job!:twilightsmile:

Thanks, I love to give this out, my mind is now free of it.:yay:

LuluTia
Group Admin

Yet, in most HiE fics, they STILL are still superior bastards because of "magic"

May I use this as a last resort argument in whether or not ponies are a superior race?

Good work!
This would also give the main reason why ponies are scared of the Everfree: it is one if the last bastions of nature in Equestria that runs without interference from ponies and can't be molded into an "acceptable" image.

Well, I didn't meant it to be used to bash the ponies by any means but to explain that they are as flawed as any other. Scared of the unknown and wanting for things to remain good and as they wish it to be. If anything this makes them more human in comparation, education makes the hell of a difference.:trixieshiftright:

It's to be shown, but I believe it to be better if you send a link to show it. It's better whole than in pieces.

Thanks.:yay:

But yeah, I got a little carried away on that end.:twilightsheepish:

Just so you know, this post is the one that made me want to join this group after reading it. This is so awesome that this is officially now my headcanon as well.

Nice job dude.:pinkiehappy:

Yay.:yay:

If you liked it you should read the two others, which have the same format and amount of research.

"Pony Time," and "Conspiracy."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8