When They Were Young 1,105 members · 125 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Mr101
Group Admin

Hey guys, ready for the groups first contest?

As the month approaching is December, the contest is to write the best story centered around a characters Christmas.

Kinda obvious, I know. :twilightsheepish:

Anyway, it’s pretty much what it says on the tin. The contest is to write a one-shot story that centers around any of the characters at Christmas. This could be Discord remembering his first Christmas in a conversation with Fluttershy or Twilight's first Christmas with Cadence and Shining Armor.

-Rules-

- Just like with posting any story, please follow the rules laid out. [This is important if you are doing a story on Sombra as I've updated his youngverse parents.]

- There is no limit to the word count.

- The submission date starts from November 3rd till the 22nd of December.

- Please submit the story only into the contest folder, otherwise you won't be added to the contest.

- When posting, please add a link to the group within the description.

- Have fun!

- How it will be judged.

On the 23rd-24th of December, the judges will talk between themselves and discuss the winners and pick three. We’ll be looking for the following.

- Pacing
- Feels (if it gives us that warm fuzzy feeling inside what remains of our cold, cold hearts)
- Readability (this is mainly wall-o-text, it’s okay to have a few grammar errors, given I’m not exactly Mister grammatically correct myself. :twilightsheepish: )
- Awesomeness (Because Vexy is such a good judge at this...)

The judges are,

-Mr 101.
-Vexy.
-BlackCloud.

- The prize!

- The top three will be featured in a separate forum post, as well the first place winner getting a spot on the front of the group for the whole of January.

- The 1st place winner will also receive a special blog promotion from myself (Mr 101) with a link to your story as well as your profile.

- And furthermore! The winner will receive the special prize of having an OC star in a background cameo in a chapter of one of my stories. (Mr 101)

Hope to see all your submissions! :twilightsmile:

Broken
Group Contributor

I loved the theme! :raritystarry:

Good luck to everyone, writers and judges alike! Let's all do our very best to produce an awesome content! :rainbowkiss:

2088163 I'VE POSTED DA FIRST ENTRY! :pinkiehappy:

2088163 Hm, I might do something like this. Can it be OCs or just the mane cast? Nah, I'll do the mane cast probably. :scootangel:

Mr101
Group Admin

Just added the 'OC' box, forgot about that. Whilst the group is primarily aimed at the main characters, you can do OC stories in the future or indeed the contest, just follow the rules is all. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5