The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Trick Question
Group Contributor

I'm about to release the first chapter of a story about Pinkie Pie's clone. It is not exactly based on a Writeoff story, but it was definitely inspired by one, so I'd like to credit the tale should the author want that thing to happen.

The story was a short minific about Pinkie's clone in Manehattan having a nightmare(?) about the Pool trying to draw her back. If anypony could point me to the story, or even better if the author could tell me whether or not I could or should credit the inspiration to them, please let me know.

Thanks! I'll try to check back here because for some bucking reason, Fimfiction does not allow you to subscribe to group threads you post in, which means most of the time when you post in a group thread you never know if other ponies continued to discuss things which is awesome. :rainbowdetermined2: I'm not bitter. Okay I'm bitter.

UPDATE: A search for site:writeoff.me "mirror pool" turns up multiple stories about Pinkie Pie and the mirror pool, none of which are the story I am looking for. So apparently it does not contain "mirror pool", even though it refers to it.

MOAR UPDATE: Found it! It was "The Heart of Saturday Night", by No_Raisin. Bizarrely, site:writeoff.me "manehattan" "Pinkie" fails to turn it up, even though both words are in it, but site:writeoff.me "manehattan" "clone" does (although Google warns me "there are no good matches for this"). I don't understand you, Google. And I studied information retrieval in graduate school.

I'm sorry for bothering you all. I'll leave this message up for reference, though, in case it helps anypony.

Trick Question
Group Contributor

You beat me to it by a few seconds! (See my update, above.) Thank you so much. :twilightsmile:

Nice! Glad it was found quickly. :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4