The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
CoffeeMinion
Group Admin

For those who haven't checked out the new Friendship is Short Shorts Writeoff group, consider yourselves invited to join us this weekend for a ponyfic contest of unusual size!

The writing period for "Crossing Over" opened just a few hours ago and will run through Monday. The target length is 1000-5000 words. I'm definitely going to get an entry in, and I hope you will as well!

(As a matter of housekeeping: I don't plan to advertise future Friendship is Short Shorts contests here unless there's something sufficiently noteworthy about them; folks who join the group can sign up for related notifications if they're interested. In this case I wanted to put the word out a little because we had a great first contest and I'd like to keep our momentum going.)

Super Trampoline
Group Contributor

Please do advertise it because I always miss the actual writing portion of write offs and it annoys me

PaulAsaran
Group Contributor

Ugh. Why is it all the ones that I want to join are the ones that happen when I am indisposed and incapable of participating that weekend? I think there's a conspiracy. Are you guys watching me through my webcam?

CoffeeMinion
Group Admin

I can neither confirm nor deny. :rainbowderp:

However: it’s only a thousand words. Surely a big, strapping author like you can bust out a thousand words here or there during the next three and a half days? :duck:

PaulAsaran
Group Contributor

Considering only one of those days will be spent with access to a computer on which I may write anything and then most of it will be taken up by being at work, I have low expectations. Even if I do manage to squeeze something out, the odds of it being good enough to make a difference in a Writeoff is minimal. Still, we shall see.

CoffeeMinion
Group Admin

I’ve been thinking about this, and I’m not completely sure what I want to do. I could indeed post to the forum whenever pony rounds start, but I genuinely don’t want to spam people. I’d almost rather do a post about making sure everyone has their email notifications set up how they want.

...But I’m not saying no, either. I’m persuadable. :raritywink:

Tell you what: we can duel for last place. :derpytongue2: I’ve got family in town this weekend, and it’s stomped an absolute mudhole in my writing time. But I’m dead set on getting something in, even if it literally does end up on bottom!

Super Trampoline
Group Contributor

As far as I know the writeoff emails are currently set up so that you get an email whenever there’s a new event announced, but you don’t get an email whenever the writing part of that event starts which I think is really fucking stupid.

CoffeeMinion
Group Admin

Try checking out https://writeoff.me/user/prefs (while logged in) and see if that gives you the options you‘re looking for. Beyond that, though, I’ll keep announcements in mind for the future.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8