The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 54 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 54
Pascoite
Group Contributor

I have zero idea what you're talking about. I understand why you want a limit of 1000 words, and I stated explicitly what that reason was. I haven't made a slippery slope argument at all. And how am I putting words in your mouth? You said:

There's a difference between adding five words and adding two hundred fifty words.

And I referred to you saying that adding 5 words wasn't a big deal. How have I misrepresented you?

CoffeeMinion
Group Admin

It’s been quite a long time since this discussion was active. Reading it again, I can’t help but regret that it seemed like there was willingness to try a slightly increased limit of 900 until the broader conversation wobbled in other directions.

For unrelated reasons, I’ve struggled to maintain consistent Writeoff participation over the last ~9 months. However, I still feel that there would be benefits to exploring the limit of 900. So, at risk of dragging a dead thread back up from the depths, I’ll just ask straight-up: could we still give 900 a whirl sometime?

Conversely: Pasco mentioned that there might be options for other people to host events through the Writeoff site. If there isn’t current willingness to consider the 900 limit again, may I ask about the process & feasibility of hosting my own custom-length Ponyfic event through the site?

RogerDodger
Group Admin

I've very nearly finished a feature that will enable people to make their own events.

CoffeeMinion
Group Admin

Excellent! Thank you, and I would love to hear more as this moves closer to availability.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 54