The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Trick Question
Group Contributor

Let me return to what I'd originally intended to ask about before my stupids made hoers drahma be a thing. :derpytongue2:

I have a story that I swear I've received feedback on, but nopony remembers me writing it. I'm afraid I accidentally plagiarized it because my memory is absolute horse apples. :applejackconfused:

Could somepony please tell me if what I wrote is original or if I stole it from somepony else? It's less than 2,000 words, but you'll probably have to read it all to determine if I'm a douche or not. :facehoof:

Here is the link to the finished (pending another small proof) story.

Matthewl419
Group Contributor

Doesn't seem at all related to anything I've read.

If you swear you've received feedback on it, maybe you accidentally deleted it at some point? :unsuresweetie:

You can probably ask a site mod to check, just in case...

Trick Question
Group Contributor

I have a place offsite I put my deleted stuff, so I don't think it is.

I've received feedback on

Do you trust your memory well enough to insist on this claim?

Trick Question
Group Contributor

It ain't memory, it's gut. That, and evidence: I have a record of when I wrote the thing.

I feel like this story is something I've presented before, and I wrote most of it (if not all of it) on the day of the Princess Not Included* Writeoff. I can't think of why I didn't submit it, unless I completed it late, and in that case I probably would have asked ponies for feedback on it privately.

Trick Question
Group Contributor

Er, so I probably need to read every entry from that contest, and also every comment in the forum. :facehoof:

5905958 I once got accused of plagiarism in high school. Turns out I plagiarised myself. The paper I had submitted had been registered twice in the system the school used, and I had to clear my name in front of my entire class. I super-sleuthed my way to a solid 100% original paper. That story said, your story looks original, and I did enjoy it. Nice job!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8