The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Baal Bunny
Group Contributor

Poetry Nook:

Is the name of the site, and every week for over two years now, they've been running a poetry contest. There's no theme, no length restrictions, no form requirement, nothing: just register with them, and you can enter one piece of poetry per contest. The folks in charge of the site are the judges, and the piece they pick each week, they Paypal $100 to the author. I've been entering since Contest #100, and this last week, I won Contest #106.

So anyone who's got some poetry kicking around, this site seems to be a good place to post it. :pinkiehappy:

Mike

BlazzingInferno
Group Contributor

Ooh… I haven't dipped my toe in the poetry pool (excepting The Last Dreams of Pony Island) for years. Still, I do like those lax requirements. Maybe one of these days I'll dig up the stuff I wrote for my college classes and see if I feel so inspired.

Congratulations on nabbing contest #106 :twilightsmile:

I forgot how this goes again? Where do we post our poems?

Baal Bunny
Group Contributor

Thanks!

It's over on a site:

Called Poetry Nook. It's got no connection to the Writeoffs that Roger still runs. It's something entirely separate where folks can post poems and maybe win some money. I haven't posted any Pony poems over there--well, actually, I have, but I've rewritten them a bit so the Pony doesn't show--and there are a bunch of actual published science-fiction and fantasy poets like Bruce Boston and Mary Soon Lee who post over there, too.

Mike Again

Axis of Rotation
Group Contributor

Woo way to go!
I suck at poetry :trollestia:

I have to register to another site? Awww....come on. I have some entries but I shouldn't have to go through the trouble of giving out more information.

Dubs Rewatcher
Group Contributor

Just entered and shared it with the rest of the Geneseo Poets Society. Mike, has anyone ever told you that you're immeasurably lovely?

Baal Bunny
Group Contributor

Well, thank you kindly:

Let's give 'em a lotta weird poems!

Mike

Baal Bunny
Group Contributor

And now:

I got an "honorable mention" for the revised version of "Attack of the Fifty Foot Doughnut," the original of which I put together in 24 hours for the "Look, I Just Want My Sandwich" original minific Writeoff last August. More Writeoff pieces escaping into the wider world!

Mike

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9