The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Axis of Rotation
Group Contributor

Heya wonderful people with whom I wish to do fun things!

Why not take a break from thinking about those imaginated ponies and come check out some real animals—sea animals! At the Aquarium during Bronycon.

I don’t even need to sell this to you. Why look, you’ve already decided to go! Is that a ticket in your pocket? How did that get there! Friendship truly is magical—and so is the Writeoff. So let’s all concentrate our magical coolness into one cool place, eh? (I'm totally not begging you here...okay maybe a little).

After doing hours of intense, Twilight-plushie-aided research, I’ve narrowed a visit down to two times: 1pm Friday, or 9:30am Saturday. Tell me which you’d prefer. Tickets are $40 (blehh). You can avoid standing in line by buying them online here.

We're a family, right? And families totally do stuff together. Like spend lots of money! The Aquarium is the perfect place. Do iiiiiiiiiiit.

Other awesome things I want to do (and so do you!):
The USS Constellation and Torsk on Sunday at 2pm. Sure, this is technically Bad Horse’s idea (see his blog for deets), but stealing is caring. You’re going, right? No use denying it. I’ve had a prophetic dream about it, and you’re in it! Yes, you!

You already know about Trick Question’s hotel shin dig (do I even need to ask if you're going?). And in case you want to purge your memory of the day, Jedi Master Ed is there for you. So far, that's all I know about.

Reasons you should go to these:
1. You want to.
2. Support the Writeoff Family.
3. It’ll increase your sex appeal (I'm in dire need of this).
4. Guaranteed feature-box-level inspiration for your fanfics.

And seriously? I just wanna hang with you guys. So come along!
:twilightsmile:

Skywriter
Group Contributor

I can't guarantee I'm going (it's a lovely aquarium, but I've been there before and might want the $40 to be directed elsewhere) so don't base this on me... but when I look at the completely objective list of facts that you've presented here, "Super Late Room Party Friday" and "9:30 AM Social Meetup Saturday Morning" are terrible convention bedfellows. Just awful.

Axis of Rotation
Group Contributor

Pfft. Only for the weak and feeble.

...That's actually a good point.

Sunny
Group Contributor

On one hand this would be fun.

On the other there's no way I'm getting up before 9 AM, which means no way I'm ready to be anywhere before 9:30, and anyhoo I'm on staff so I will be daytime-busy :rainbowwild:

Alas!

hazeyhooves
Group Contributor

If I can't look at the sea animals at the aquarium, I promise to spend the $40 on eating sea animals instead.

Bad Horse
Group Contributor

5337085 I was assuming $40 was the buffet price.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6