The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
NightLord
Group Contributor

So on the writeoff website, how should I submit my story? It gives me the option to submit as either anonymous or as myself. What do I do? I know it's too late for this competition, but for future reference.

Quill Scratch
Group Contributor

5196704 The option you're talking about here is the alias feature—it decides what name shows up as the author of the story after the contest is over, and who on the scoreboard gets the points for it. Don't worry about not picking anonymous in this stage; your name won't show up until the appropriate stage.

Some people use the "anonymous" alias when they really don't want something they've written associated with them, or when they don't want any points from it going to their score. In general, my advice would be to submit under your main alias—there won't be too many cases where you'll want to use another (unless you're doing something sneaky and meta in which case I applaud you and you should do that. Don't listen to anyone who responds to this with "Oh God, Quill, stop encouraging metafics." They don't know what they're talking about :raritywink:)

NightLord
Group Contributor

5196747 So, hypothetically, if I were to submit my story as anonymous accidentally, having thought it would just conceal my identity for the reading/voting portion of the competition, what then? Is it possible to change that?

Trick Question
Group Contributor

You should ask Roger.

NightLord
Group Contributor

5196955 Will do. Thanks!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5