The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Baal Bunny
Group Contributor

After reading:

The comments on "The Precession of the Equinoxes," my entry in the recently concluded original fic round, I took out nearly half the "Goddamn"s--the original had 30, the rewrite has 17--added about 600 words that weren't "Goddamn" to address some of the concerns folks raised about the characters and the setting, and submitted it to Fred Patten for Gods with Fur, the anthology he's editing for FurPlanet. And I just got the e-mail saying he's adding it to the final line-up of stories.

So thanks, folks! And thanks, Roger, for making it so easy to pull the draft of the story off the Writeoff site! :twilightsmile:

Mike

Super Trampoline
Group Contributor

5183567 Nice! I need to get around to reading the original fic stuff

horizon
Group Admin

Glad to hear it! You're right, it was pretty unusual we bounced off of each other's stories this round, but hopefully we both got some good feedback out of the exchange.

Mostly it's exciting that the Writeoffs are leading to actual published fiction, and how cool is that? :pinkiehappy:

Not_A_Hat
Group Contributor

5183567 Congratulations!

And you're very welcome. Thanks for writing, and letting me read. :)

Lucky Dreams
Group Contributor

5183567 It was a great story, so I'm glad you managed to find a home for it. Congrats man :pinkiehappy:

Baal Bunny
Group Contributor

As long as I had:

Butterflies on the brain, I wrote a sonnet called "The Butterfly Effect" and submitted it to the the website Adjective Species for their 2nd annual poetry collection. And it got chosen for inclusion!

Mike

Casca
Group Contributor

Your poem has to be the slickest of the bunch. Nice reading all around!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7