The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Next Competition: MLP Minific (400-750 words)
Weekend of Mar. 12

Is this competition going on now? Or is it on hiatus? Because it still says "next competition" and the weekend of March 12th is gone.

Thanks for the help! :3

Quill Scratch
Group Contributor

5130017 The front page of the group doesn't update nearly as often as it should do :fluttershysad: Keep an eye on the contest website to catch times! The next one's a General Short Story (and I think it's going to be the weekend of April 2nd—though if someone who's better at counting weeks and knowing what's going on, writeoff-wise can check that, I'd be very grateful.)

Also, keep an eye on the forum: Roger will create and sticky a new thread at the start of each contest with all the relevant links (though I suspect they'll also be immediately locked from now on, now we have a functional commenting system on the writeoff site.)

5130042 Thanks for the info! :D

horizon
Group Admin

5130017 5130042
I just got behind on updating the group front page. This is what happens when I try to skip rounds. :trixieshiftright: It's fixed now.

RogerDodger
Group Admin

Next event doesn't start on Monday. :trixieshiftright:

RogerDodger
Group Admin

I should have automatic scheduling up on the site by next event, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore anyhow.

5130597 Procrastination FTW! :D :P

Thanks for fixing it. :3

horizon
Group Admin

Okay, when DOES it start? The scheduling of prompt submission has never to my knowledge been formally announced, and hasn't historically been predictable, so throwing up my hands and saying "the week of" is the best I've been able to do.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to the site itself having scheduling posted so that I can just link to it from the group front instead of pretending I'm any sort of calendar authority.

RogerDodger
Group Admin

I misread what you'd written. I thought it said the event starts Monday, not that the prompt process starts Monday.

I've always said the event start is when writing starts. The prompt selection is just a preliminary process that starts when I make the event, usually just after I'm done implementing some new stuff.

Once the scheduling is done, events will be created 2 days before they start.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9