The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 86 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 86
PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

NOTE: Please see horizon for all requests in the future.

With the rash (such as it is) of random people adding their fics to this group, I have at long last gotten off my be-hind and done the thing I said needed to be done to stop it.

This comes with problems, but first, how it works.

If you submit a story to any writeoff event, leave a message here after the results are in and you'll get contributor status. Include a link to your story, especially if your username is different on the two sites.

Contributors are now the only people who can add fics to the folders in this group. So if you want to be able to do that with your own fics, you'll want contributor status. :B And I'm making it contingent on participation so people can't just join up and start adding their fics.

Meanwhile, I've given contributor status to a bunch of people, but I probably fucked it up for two reasons: I was going off memory (mine is terrible and I was basically just adding people whose names I recognized), and going from the back of the list to the front means I missed a whole bunch of people because of the way fimfic reorganizes the member list once you've changed someone's status. :|

So if you've participated in any writeoff and don't have contributor status, leave a message here. Again, leave a link to your story. If it's on Fimfic and hasn't been added, I'll be happy to do that for you as well, just so you don't have to. :)

Okay, that's it! We shouldn't have to worry about random stories showing up in the group anymore! :B

(Also, if I don't respond to your request in like 24 hours, please bump the thread. It easily gets lost in the limited group view.)

Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

The following people need to be added:

Bugle
Quill Scratch
Sharp Spark
Thak
Strythio
Foxy E
Baal Bunny
Majin Syeekoh
Cold in Gardez
Thornwing
Chris
Bradel

FanOfMostEverything
Group Contributor

How can we tell whether we have contributor status?

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

That is a very good question that I do not have an answer to c.c I mean, the convoluted way to check is to try and add something to this group, and if the folders are locked, then you don't have it. Or you could check the member list?

Csquared08
Group Contributor

There's a fancy schmancy search feature on the member list.

FanOfMostEverything
Group Contributor

Member list checked, status confirmed. Thanks. I recommend that option to anyone else who's unsure.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Excellent, thank you! I don't think I'd have missed any of them if I had seen them. :B

And thank you for pointing this out, or TD's list would have been awful. :D

Dash The Stampede
Group Contributor

I already had mine added, but i dont have ze contributor stats. Also, doing this on a crap phone so no linky.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Nope, I got you the first time! :B You're in!

Dash The Stampede
Group Contributor

Ah. Thanks :D I really can't check these things from crappy phone interwebs.

Door Matt
Group Contributor

Looks like I'm in. :yay:

horizon
Group Admin

PP, you are truly an alicorn among ponies.

Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

No, he's a pegasus. He doesn't have a horn.

See? No horn.

Sunny
Group Contributor

Those wings are clearly fake. Earth pony!

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Hey, don't make fun of my disability :(

Bachiavellian
Group Contributor

So I'm a doofus and I accidentally removed myself from the group. Added myself back promptly, but my contributor status is gone. :facehoof:

Any chance that a capable and dashingly handsome admin would fix this for me?

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

wow ur dum lol :V

gotcha back in! :D (Interestingly, it apparently counts how long you've been in the group from when you first joined.)

Bachiavellian
Group Contributor

Appreciate it! :twilightsmile:

Georg
Group Contributor

Oh, so that's why I couldn't add Who Will Guard The Dreamers to the Great Expectations group. I thought I was just doing something wrong. Could I get a nudge, please?

Dracia
Group Contributor

Add me :3.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Gotcha both. (Sorry for missing you, georg!)

Spectral
Group Contributor

I'd appreciate an add. Here are some links to my entries, if you need them.

Question: do all compilation stories go in the "2012– — Compilations" folder?
edit:
... or rather, should we add them only to that folder?

Chinchillax
Group Contributor

I would like to be a contributor.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Got you both!

Apologies, Spectral, for not seeing this sooner. :) And yes, all compilations go only in the compilations folder. (I suppose if you wrote a bunch of entries for one event, put them into a single collection and weren't going to add stories from any other event to that collection, you could stick it under the event instead.)

Chinchillax
Group Contributor

Thanks so much!

JaketheGinger
Group Contributor

Participated in two writeoffs prior to the current one. Upgrade me, kind sir!

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Way ahead of ya. :B

dunerat
Group Contributor

Okay, well, at least two people have asked to see the finished version of my entry for AMoP, so on the assumption i to manage to eventually complete it, i am requesting Contributor status so that i will be able to share it with them.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

You're in! :)

wYvern
Group Contributor

I'm finally doing some editing on past write-off submissions and would like to ask for contributor status in case I eventually get one of them finished. Here's a link to my last submission.

Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

Awesome! I look forward to seeing them. :twilightsmile:

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Gotcha in there!

Foehn
Group Contributor

I'm likewise making some headway in editing - when you've got a moment, would you be able to give me sufficient status that I may contribute?

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

You're on! :B

libertydude
Group Contributor

Here's my story: http://writeoff.me/fic/7850-Hungry

I'm doing some hefty editing on that story, but I'd like to get contributor status before I'm done with the editing.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

It's all set for whenever you're ready. :)

libertydude
Group Contributor

Thankee, thankee! :pinkiehappy:

KwirkyJ
Group Contributor

I participated in events 31-34 under the same name. It would be appreciated if you added me as a contributor. Thanks in advance.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

I'm surprised I hadn't already but NOW I HAVE

horizon
Group Admin

Just as a general announcement, I'm taking over these duties from 4127311. I'll do my best to keep an eye on this thread — but group threads don't send out notifications when they update, so if you speak up here and don't get a prompt response, either >>tag me in a reply or PM me. :twilightsmile:

billymorph
Group Contributor

I should probably sign up as a contributor. I've got a write-off story with my per-readers right now and it should be on the site in a day or two.

billymorph
Group Contributor

4588173 Whoops, guess I should have read the previous post. Can you please add me to the list, I'm about to upload a Best Laid Plans entry.

horizon
Group Admin

You're a contributor. Upload away! :twilightsmile:

Hi! Publishing one soonish from the writeoff. Add me, too, please and thank you! :twilightsmile:

horizon
Group Admin

Missed you when I took my pass through the memberlist to update status yesterday. This has been fixed. :twilightsmile:

JonOfEquestria
Group Contributor

Hi,

If you could please add me, that would be good - I submitted a story for the October 2015 writeoff.

Thanks!

JoE

Dsarker
Group Contributor

My acquisition of increased status is in my best-

Ah, I mean your best interests. We are your friends. We will construct additional friend-based stories. And submit them to the writeoffs. When it is applicable.

horizon
Group Admin

4755858 4772983
Added! (Along with Reneigh Haycart, axxuy, DeluxeMagnum69, Fahrenheit, Exuno, monokeras, Haze/Hazeyhooves, MDNGHTRDHTLN, and Kanzerlin Maud. ... Uh ... and Bachiavellian, how exactly were you not a contributor yet? Is that everyone this round? I hope so.)

horizon
Group Admin

Top of the second page. Comment here if you've submitted a story to a Writeoff Association competition and want to be able to add Writeoff-prompted stories to our group folders.

Obligatory reminder: I'm the one handling the membership maintenance duties here, and I'll do my best to keep an eye on this thread — but group threads don't send out notifications when they update, so for the promptest response, either >>tag me in a reply or PM me your request. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 86