The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Hello

I was just wondering when the next write off competition will be. Please comment below if you have answers:twilightsmile:

FanOfMostEverything
Group Contributor

As luck would have it, there's a schedule thread stuck to the top of the forum. :twilightsmile:

pterrorgrine
Group Contributor

3908798 Since you're apparently almost as new as me, and the writeoffs are a bit bewildering at first, I'll give you a quick rundown of what actually happens starting on the 3rd (or whenever it is). (Bear in mind that I've never been in a minific comp before, but I believe it's substantially similar to the previous rounds; I'm sure I'll be corrected if not.)

You'll want to get an account on the competition website ASAP, or at least before the competition begins, preferably under the same username as on this site. Once the event opens, it'll be posted on the front page where it now says "no events found". There'll be a list of links in more or less the order you need them, but at first all you can do is suggest a prompt (anonymously). The link for prompt suggestions will show a deadline; once that passes, you'll vote on all the submitted prompts (again, deadline will be posted on the relevant page), and the winner will automatically become the event title. Once that stage passes, you can write an entry in response to the prompt and submit it (again, remaining anonymous) on its page. When the deadline for that passes, you'll be able to see everyone's stories (but not the authors, still) and vote on them, and once the deadline for story voting passes, the authors and their rankings are automatically revealed, and people began polishing and posting any stories they intend to publish pretty much immediately.

The links for the pages for all of these steps will be right there on the front page during the event, although you'll need to click on a box to expand it (look through the archive for examples; obviously all the ballots, etc. are offline, but you can get a feel for what's what). Also note that each step is totally optional and independent of the others, and that you need to vote on at least half the entries for your ballot to count. If any of this is confusing (of course it is!), remember that a) it's a lot clearer once the event begins and the links start popping up, and b) when the event begins, there'll be a thread posted in the group forum to discuss it where you can ask questions (and read and post reviews). If you have thread notifications turned on for this group, you can just let that notify you of events as they happen.

Hopefully that covers everything!

3909392 Hey thanks for that, I've just joined the group too and that was really helpful :twilightsmile: :heart: much appreciated! :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5