The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 289 )
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 289
Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

So it has! And I totally missed it. Oops.

Trick Question
Group Contributor

Does "5 week interval" mean we now have to wait three more weeks for the next Writeoff?

If so, doesn't that kind of ruin the justification for the reduced time for voting...?

Calipony
Group Contributor

I suppose the next writing spree is scheduled for the weekend of the 26th September, in two weeks.

horizon
Group Admin

4704516 4704527
Five weeks from Aug. 28 is the weekend of Oct. 2. Unless I hear otherwise from Roger that's what I'm announcing on the group front page.

Personally, it's nice to have a little more time in between rounds that we used to. It feels much less like I have to be in "Writeoff mode" half the time, 'cause let's face it, if you're trying to read/review any significant fraction of stories (and also have school and/or job to juggle), you're committing to wiping out most of your week.

Calipony
Group Contributor

Previously it was announced ‘Late September’. I suppose that’s why TQ asked.

horizon
Group Admin

That's my fault; I wrote the group-front-page blurb announcing the next two contests back in early August, and since Roger only had the date of the next competition on the first page of this thread, I didn't math right.

That's why I left it vague. :twilightsheepish:

Calipony
Group Contributor

I didn't math right.

You?
That would be a first.
[schoolmarm]
Young boy, you’ll have to rack your brains a bit harder because I won’t swallow such a flimsy excuse hook, line and sinker!
[/schoolmarm]

hazeyhooves
Group Contributor

writeoff this week!

right?

we need a thread to get the promptoff started.

The Letter J
Group Contributor

There should be. I've been refreshing this group and the writeoff site for about two days now, just waiting for the fun to begin.

Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

I believe prompt submission starts tomorrow, about 17 hours from the time of this post.

The Letter J
Group Contributor

4745689 Good to know. I thought that the prompt submission usually started earlier than that, but maybe not.

Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

It starts 3 days before the competition does.

For the short story competitions, it starts on Monday Pacific time.

For the minific ones, it starts on Wednesday Pacific time.

Bugle
Group Contributor

Would it be possible to include when prompt submission starts in the OP as well as the details it currently contains?

Bugle
Group Contributor

IT'S WEDNESDAY AND WE DON'T HAVE PROMPT SUBMISSION YET!

RogerDodger
Group Admin

Currently it's just whenever I actually create the event. When the automatic scheduling is done it'll be more predictable.

Bugle
Group Contributor

Ah, that'd make sense.

• Viewing 251 - 300 of 289