The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
RogerDodger
Group Admin

Hello write-offers,

The last few months have been relatively quiet. Golden Vision has become busy with other commitments and so I'm going to be running the whole operation from here on out. That means all questions pertaining to this should be directed at me.

This group will still be used for discussion. I considered going back to making threads on Ponychan, but that seems a bit pointless. I may in the future implement commenting on the site, but right now I think this works fine.

Anyway, the schedule as of now is to alternate between mini (400–750 words, 24 hours writing) and regular (2000–25,000 words, 72 hours) write-offs, with a month in between each event. If there is enough demand for an M-rated event, that can be added into the rotation as well.

The schedule will kick off with a minific contest on 26 April.

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask them.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

WHOO

I think the only benefit of using a *chan is anonymous posting. Well, and I guess not needing an account, but I think most folks who are likely to participate are probably on Fimfic anyway. :B

RogerDodger
Group Admin

If anonymity is deemed useful enough I can add some commenting to the site (which would have poster names as anonymous until the results are up). It'd be a fair bit of work though with not much benefit, which is why I haven't done it yet.

Otherwise, yeah, basically everyone interested has an account here anyway.

alexmagnet
Group Contributor

Oh thank god it's a minific contest. I love these. Much easier to write five 600 word fics than one 2k fic. Looking forward to this, especially if the prompt doesn't suck ass.

Flashgen
Group Contributor

Agreed. I might actually be productive for once.

Axis of Rotation
Group Contributor

Woo! Looking forward to it.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Prompt will be revealed in less than 5 hours! :D

We deffo need a thread for this one. :B

Dublio
Group Contributor

When you say a month in between, does that mean a timeframe of a month between or that the month is free between the writeoffs? What's the difference? One is an actual month (So the next writeoff is May 31th or something) or if the May will have no writeoff and the next one will actually be in June? Apologies if that sounds confusing. :derpyderp2:

RogerDodger
Group Admin

After a write-off, one month (more precisely, 4 weeks (or even more precisely, one month minus the duration of an event)) will pass, and then there will be another. The next write-off will be over the weekend starting 23 May.

Dublio
Group Contributor

Cool, thanks for clarifying. That's right before my birthday. :rainbowkiss:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10