Metal Bronies 188 members · 49 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Their new album The Grinding Wheel came out a few days ago and it's amazing. These guys never stop putting out good music.
Here's one of the tracks:

In other news, one of Nile's guitarists quit.
):

They're an alright band, but to be honest their new album is kinda bland, I don't really like generic thrash.

To each their own. This album is my personal favorite of theirs.

Oh shit, he is the co-writer of basically all their compositions (Dallas), I wonder why he left.

It sucks. I guess it's fine they didn't explain why he left, at least the band seems energetic moving forward.

RF and AG
Group Contributor

5801229 But what about non-generic? *cough* Kreator *cough*

Honestly I want to like them, but it's a band that I find extremely tough to get into. I think it's because to me they are closer to Metallica or new Megadeth in their new music, which has disappointed me (even though both's recent albums were decent). I'm basically entrenched in the Kreator/Exodus/Slayer side of Thrash so it's tougher for me to enjoy these guys, Death Angel, Artillery, and Testament (we'll see on their latest which I have to listen to).

5801584 Hey, none of those bands are bad, and Kreator put out some amazing stuff. I dunno why, but Overkill just suits me. Kind of like a cult classic, or an acquired taste. I can definitely see why someone would label 'em as generic (eighteen albums damn) so it's all good. I also like Bobby's personality, though most Thrash frontmen are pretty good guys all around (most...). Teutonic thrash is amazing too. I say just stick with what you like, don't try to force yourself to get into any band or genre.

Your opinion on symphonic metal?

RF and AG
Group Contributor

Symphonic Death, Power, or Prog metal? :rainbowwild:

Aka: They are all goooooooood

RF and AG
Group Contributor

Thoughts on recent work? After all Kreator just released something new, and Sodom dropped an album last year.

RF and AG
Group Contributor

I love everything from Kreator so this new stuff is just as awesome. Sodom is hit and miss with their songs for me, always has been.

Also you are one fucking lucky person for snagging that username, Wolf King.

Shitter Pounder 69
Group Contributor

Overkill is one of my favorite thrash bands I definitely like their new album, but its not nearly as good as White Devil Armory: the record before this. Id have to say Testaments Brotherhood of the Snake has easily been my most favorite recent thrash album to come out lately.

5801596 There's differences between all of 'em but yes they're all pretty cool.
5801611 Vektor's amazing

RF and AG
Group Contributor

Oh I know. I just love anything that is symphonic or melodic since it means the band puts time into their intrumentals and don't aim to be one thing over another.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13