Metal Bronies 188 members · 49 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
BlabideeblahMLP
Group Contributor

I mean, am I?

I started off with post-grunge (stuff like Nickelback and Three Days Grace), then moved forward from there, but at first, I was not listening to metal. I hated it, with every fiber of my being. I couldn't believe people would call it music.

Now the stuff I vehemently despised is now my absolute favorite music. From classic to blackened doom to core (mostly core, because I suck that much). But am I a real metal fan? I'm not really sure.

Yeah I didn't specifically have it as my first preference. I didn't dislike it though. I just worked up from the stuff i used to like when i was probably 10 then I found real music and can't stand the old stuff I used to like

Aristagtle
Group Contributor

Yes, you are.

If you like metal, then you're a metal fan.

Now, fans of the different subgenres of metal that you don't like will probably say otherwise, but most of that's good-natured.

I started out with the alternative rock myself (Three Days Grace, Seether, Flyleaf). It didn't take me too long to discover Disturbed, Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, and lots of other stuff. I'm pretty sure you count as a metal fan.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5