Metal Bronies 188 members · 49 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
BlabideeblahMLP
Group Contributor

We've all seen them. Ozzy Osbourne has Momma I'm Comin' Home. Metallica has One (and a slew of others, but still). Disturbed has their cover of The Sound of Silence.

If the metal bands you love, which one has produced the best song most out of their comfort zone, that is, not metal?

For me, my answer would be from a Russian djent band, Walking Across Jupiter, with their song The Truth Was Revealed:

Fade to black is another example of Metallica's less metal sounding songs.
Also i like sound of silence but i wish people appreciated their actual music over a cover they did.

Immortalized, Vengeful one and You're mine are just a few others off the same album that are great.

BlabideeblahMLP
Group Contributor

i wish people appreciated their actual music over a cover they did.

While it is crazy that Disturbed's cover has almost 200M views (compared to their extremely popular Down With the Sickness with 45M views), several of their songs are known by millions, including, but not limited to, Stupify, Open Your Eyes, Inside the Fire, Stricken, and so much more.

5745967 Yeah i know. Actually I find Down with the sickness good but my favourite song by them was the first one I found. Called "Serpentine" off Asylum, Indestructible is second and Stricken is close third or fourth.

Andy Soshal
Group Contributor

Simple.

Father by Manowar:

Of course, this is arguable; I can think of nothing more metal than a man raising his children right.

Various Demon Hunter songs.

I guess Dead Flowers gets a little metal, but it's more of a rock ballad.

BlabideeblahMLP
Group Contributor

5746353 That's not metal. That's basic humanity.

Andy Soshal
Group Contributor

5746795 I'm sorry; I was under the inpression that something being metal was awesome as fuck.

You don't think being a father and raising your kids right is awesome as fuck?

BlabideeblahMLP
Group Contributor

5746805 No. I think it's basic humanity.

Andy Soshal
Group Contributor

5746841 I see.

Dear diary,

I ran into someone who doesn't think being a good father is awesome.

Again, my disappointment in my fellow man grows.

BlabideeblahMLP
Group Contributor

5746970 What's so "awesome" in being a decent human being? Just because someone who isn't a decent fucking human is, well, exactly that, it doesn't make you "awesome" or "metal" if you have a sense of responsibility. It just makes you respectable.

Andy Soshal
Group Contributor

5746976 Oh; the jimmies, they are a-rustling.

Today's responsibilities: Provide money (includes food, shelter, clothing, medical). Do work around the house. Spend a half-hearted 30 minutes a day with the kids.

I don't know about anyone else, but that's basic-bitch, participation trophy shit.

Today's sperm donors have been so denigrated that they have become completely impotent within their own households, reduced to workhorses who exist only to provide money and do chores. They are treated like that and are also raised to believe that this is all they are good for and all they must do.

Piss on that.

A real father isn't a mere sperm-donating workhorse.

A real father takes an interest in his family; all of them, not just the kids.

A real father leads his house.

A real father teaches and learns from his children.

A real father is A REAL FATHER. He isn't their kids' buddy, he isn't their friend.

HE IS THEIR FATHER.

And any father who is a REAL FATHER to their kids is METAL. AS. FUCK

And in this day and age of spineless man-children, they deserve that recognition.

So take your Dad Participation Trophy elsewhere.

BlabideeblahMLP
Group Contributor

5747052 Or maybe not bothering to properly care for the kid YOU chose to bring into this world just means you're a sad sack of shit who needs to die?

Technically, you're both right. Being a good father is awesome. And people who won't take care of their kids shouldn't even be parents. They're merely "progenitors", not real fathers. They need to die, or undergo sterilization so they can't reproduce (or just castrate them or something)

Metal-Max1991
Group Contributor

5745955 Slow, Love, Slow by Nightwish

It sounds like a 30's jazz piece.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15